+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swing Feedback

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar

Swing Feedback

I thought I'd post a video to see what you guys think I could improve upon. My arm lift was flat in this one so I've been working on getting it up. I'm also not a fan of my right foot movement. BC Mist, I would be interested in what you have to say as well. Anyway here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBn1iTx3bk&feature=plcp

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bNeill View Post
    I thought I'd post a video to see what you guys think I could improve upon. My arm lift was flat in this one so I've been working on getting it up. I'm also not a fan of my right foot movement. BC Mist, I would be interested in what you have to say as well. Anyway here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBn1iTx3bk&feature=plcp
    What is your normal ball flight? When you miss (if you do) where does the ball start relative to your target and which way does it curve.

Your setup looks good, although based on my personal bias, I would widen the stance a little just to provide a little more stability. While the movement of your right foot, as you finish the swing, is a little excessive, it's position at and through impact if fine. You have lots of power so everything you own is understandably, facing the target at the end of the swing.

I ask about the ball flight because I see your taking the club back well to the inside or below the plane line that runs from the ball up through your right shoulder at address. From there, there is a movement of the arms outward, (not necessarily over the top) that may get you back on a good plane, or also may cause some problems. In my idea of an ideal swing the left arm coincides with the turned shoulders at the top of the backswing and then the hands arms would move back towards the camera from the down the line view, as you start down. This ensures and inside approach to the ball resulting in a "pure" draw ball flight. A good example of this, that I have posted previously, is Ernie: http://www.pgatour.com/swingplex/00/65/22/index.html

Overall, you have an excellent, powerful swing and amazing flexibility that this old goat would love to have.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    A good example of this, that I have posted previously, is Ernie:
    thought you were going to say pablo
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Looks pretty solid to me. I'd echo what BC has mentioned with the wider stance.

That range on the other hand could use some attention....Talk about crappy grass!! HAHA!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    thought you were going to say pablo
    I meant to say Pablo but at my age, I do sometimes get confused.

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    What is your normal ball flight? When you miss (if you do) where does the ball start relative to your target and which way does it curve.

Your setup looks good, although based on my personal bias, I would widen the stance a little just to provide a little more stability. While the movement of your right foot, as you finish the swing, is a little excessive, it's position at and through impact if fine. You have lots of power so everything you own is understandably, facing the target at the end of the swing.

I ask about the ball flight because I see your taking the club back well to the inside or below the plane line that runs from the ball up through your right shoulder at address. From there, there is a movement of the arms outward, (not necessarily over the top) that may get you back on a good plane, or also may cause some problems. In my idea of an ideal swing the left arm coincides with the turned shoulders at the top of the backswing and then the hands arms would move back towards the camera from the down the line view, as you start down. This ensures and inside approach to the ball resulting in a "pure" draw ball flight. A good example of this, that I have posted previously, is Ernie: http://www.pgatour.com/swingplex/00/65/22/index.html

Overall, you have an excellent, powerful swing and amazing flexibility that this old goat would love to have.
    I was hitting it really straight at the end of the year and adjusting set up slightly for a small cut/draw but I would say when everything is squared up I hit a really small draw. When I'm not hitting it well it's the typical result of an under plane backswing which are mostly blocks with the occasional flip left for me from too severe of a path. The correction at the top here usually delivers the club very slightly from the inside but at that position when things go wrong with my speed it can be really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    Looks pretty solid to me. I'd echo what BC has mentioned with the wider stance.

That range on the other hand could use some attention....Talk about crappy grass!! HAHA!!
    Yeah, how bad is that? It was at Ki-8-eb Golf Club in Three Rivers. We had our provincial university championship there and the place was a total wreck. It was quite a step down from Royal Quebec last year.

Thread Information