100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Dodder is on a distinguished road

Cheapest Golf Course to start with

hello there,

this will be my first post, my first golf year~~ went out and bought me some used clubs . I managed to get 2 callaway woods for a cheap price.. i think its cuz im a leftie that the clubs were still there in the bargain bin!. Anyhow now i need a nice course to play at a suitable price? so any caretakers!

thanks

Adam

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    If saving money is your goal, check out the
    OttawaGolf Club
    Since you are unsure how much you will play at this point, one of the 5-10-15 packs of rounds would probably work for you.

ok thanks for the tip now if i buy lets say 10 rounds of golf, or even 15 rounds of golf do i still pay green fees? or is that 15 rounds like 1 round at a golf course ?? so i can play 15 times at any of the golf courses listed on that list you have there on the OGC membership page??

Adam

Dan or Steve or Anybody

what would be the #1 number one tip to give a newbie such as myself about golf? just to pretty much get out there and practice practice practice? start to play , learn the game , get a feel for it?

etc?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dodder
    ok thanks for the tip now if i buy lets say 10 rounds of golf, or even 15 rounds of golf do i still pay green fees? or is that 15 rounds like 1 round at a golf course ?? so i can play 15 times at any of the golf courses listed on that list you have there on the OGC membership page??

Adam
    The 10 or 15 round packs are prepaid rounds. You do not pay more at the course.
    You must book your rounds through our club booking system in order to play on your membership. Otherwise you will pay full green fees at the course.

To begin in golf... look in the schools section for a golf school near you and take a few beginner lessons. Then practice at the range until you can advance the ball at least 100 yards consistantly. Then head out to the course. Remember nobody will care if you take a lot of strokes, as long as you keep pace. Walk quickly to your ball, without getting in front of the player playing. Be ready when it is your turn, then takeyour time and don't rush the shot itself.

For a LOT more info on starting out look in the Articles section and read the "Golf Guide"

Lots of help here if you have questions as you learn.

By the way Welcome to the game... You will never be the same again

thanks Dan

i also bought golf for dummies book, which is proving to be very very informative. As for clubs i got myself a cheap set of 75$ irons! but i managed to pick 2 really nice driver a 1 and a 3 wood. callaway big bertha war bird and a callaway big bertha 3 for 55$ each so that wasnt that bad! and i got a cleveland golf bag .. which cost the most! but im satisfied.. im a leftie so clubs are kinda hard to find

anyhow take care for now!

i might be hitting the range tonite after work if it is open /// which i think it is!

adam

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

Golf instruction

Go buy Ben Hogan's Five fundamentals of golf...its a great book, less than $20 and a good start to learning the game of golf.

Thread Information