CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron Keals is on a distinguished road

Shots of the Year - Ottawa Golf 2012 Edition

Well, seeing how winter is pretty much upon us, except for a few on here still trying to get that last round in, I though why not share your best shot(s) of 2013.

Mine was a monster flop shot on #7 Loch March. Playing from the tips in late september, super windy and wanted to make sure I got over the water. So, a hacked away with my 5 wood (which btw was way, way too much club) flew the green by 50 yards. I landed behind the back left bunker, past the cart path and in bush....with somewhat of a shot with a horrible lie and branches in the way. There was a small opening that I could try to get through. With a pin placement back left and the bunker in play, I pulled of my 60* wedge, opened the face, opened my stance and let her fly. To my surprise, I got through the little opening and manged not to hit a single branch! It landed nice and soft just past the bunker and rolled in the hole! BIRDIE! BOOOYAAA! Chances of making this shot again 0/10.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    how's life in the future?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Nice nokids! LOL.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Sorcier #8, pulled my drive to the right side near the ditch. Played a nice 8 iron over the rocks, oops, not really over the rocks, pulled it again and hit a tree, it deflected to the left off the rocks and onto the green to about 10ft of the hole. You just have to know where on the rock to land the ball that deflected off the tree. Missed the putt but the par was oh so nice.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    #6 Rivermead (Par 5 514 yards)
    -hook drive into left trees, ball sitting in ditch with 4 inches of rough laying over it - 250 yards to pin
    -attempted punch out shot goes 25 yards forward, ~3 feet right of a tree (I'm a righty) - 220 yards to pin
    -punch shot while leaning against tree with ball ~1 foot in front of my toes - 4 feet to pin
    -sink birdie putt to win 6 carried over skins when the other 3 chops couldn't make birdie from middle of the fairway
    Even I've never heard of me

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    City and District "A" Championship, 18th hole at Rivermead. 185 yards over the pond to the pin and hit it to 8 feet (made the putt).

Had a hole-in-one on Greensmere Legacy, #15, but I wasn't scared when I swung.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    aahh our closing hole isn't that scary . . .
    Even I've never heard of me

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I'm gonna start a thread called ¨Missed shots of the year¨. LOL

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    I had two shots of the year.

1. Greensmere Premier Course (Hole 13 - Par 4) with the pin being in the back left of the green, I holed out my second shot with a 7 iron from 153 yards. I actually thought that I flew the green and was looking for my ball in the woods, my playing partners were chuckling because they found the ball in the cup (I just assumed that I was long.). This was the first eagle that I ever had on a Par 4.

2. Greensmere Premier Course (Hole 3 - Par 3) the pin was at the back of the green (163 from the tees) and I hit it pin high with it stopping 4" from the pin.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    My shot of the year was at Trillium wood , in a match against our old foes from Torontogolfnuts.
    #11 par 5 , hit a good drive and decided to lay up with my second shot , 90 yards left was the perfect distance for my 52 deg wedge , and as i hit it , i actually muttered the words "oh .. be right" and it took 1 bounce at flew straight into the cup .
    We won the match and took home the cup the next day
    Last edited by Wilster; 12-04-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Hole number 11 :-) was what i meant
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Trillium wood, alternate shot match, me and Fallys. I hit my drive on 18, we've got 120 or so yds out and he puts it in the greenside bunker, which that day, were unplayable so we got a free drop. So I had about a 10 yd flop shot over the bunker to a tight pin. BTW, if we par this hole, we win our match 1up. Hit a near perfect shot to 4-5 feet and Fallys drains the putt and we win the match.

the other was also at Trillium wood as well, can't remember the hole but it was a par 5. Good drive to the middle, 3 wood to the greenside bunker. The bunkers were pretty bad so i skulled my shot out over the green, hit a crappy chip to about 60 ft, then made the putt for par to halve the hole!

you should have seen my competitors face (and heard him as well) as he though he had the hole in the bag.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Best was Premiere #11 second shot was 8 iron down the hill from 200 yards. Ball mark 2" in front of hole and it released to only 1" behind for a tap in bird.

Close second was Premiere #4. After I sliced my second to behind trees on right I was able to cut a 7 iron 186 yards over some trees and around others to the green - but missed the 4 foot putt. It was as hard as I've ever hit my 7iron.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    My best shot of the year? #6 Premiere/Greensmere. Pulled a drive into the rough and had the ball about 6" below my feet on a sidehill away. Had 235 to the front, took 3 wood, and hit it to the apron. Putt up for a gimme birdie.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Only two I can think of both happened at TW during the RC weekend.

Sunday singles 14th par 3. Pure an 8 over the green. Ball finds a tight and bare lie. Semi-skull it off the front of the green. Make the comeback chip for par to half the hole after my opponent two putts from 12-15ft.

Very next hole I fade my tee shot into the right hazard. After much deliberation to make sure I drop properly I hit a GW to middle of the green as the pin was tucked back right. I drain the 20-25ft bender to win the match as my opponent three putts from a tough spot on the green.

Just couldn't do anything wrong during the singles match. Any momentum my opponent gained I took it right back. Was a great weekend with jvincent at my side for every match. We both went 3-0 for the event.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    My shot of the year was at Trillium wood , in a match against our old foes from Torontogolfnuts.
    #10 par 5 , hit a good drive and decided to lay up with my second shot , 90 yards left was the perfect distance for my 52 deg wedge , and as i hit it , i actually muttered the words "oh .. be right" and it took 1 bounce at flew straight into the cup .
    We won the match and took home the cup the next day
    You mean 11th hole right?
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    You mean 11th hole right?
    Errr , yes
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information