100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Addict

Thumbs up Minimal distance tee to screen? (optishot) Does anyone use an off-center tee?

New member - great forum! I am so glad I found it! I have several questions, as I am trying to setup a indoor room for optishot with a projector and impact screen. I will start with this one:

What is the minimal distance tee to screen?

I am seeing that I can get 7 feet away (and not hit the screen with my driver) and have the tee lined up on-center of the screen, or up to 8.5 to 9 feet (MAX) if the tee is off-center of the screen.

Is 7 feet too short? Is 9 feet too short? Is there a desired distance? Does anyone have experience with this distance?

If it matters, I only plan to hit Almostgolf style balls - no real balls.

Next, does anyone have a tee off-center from their screen? Likely due to having a narrow room...

If so, do you angle your hitting surface toward the center of the screen, or just hit straight, and off-center of the screen?

Thank you for your help!

8 Iron mhale is on a distinguished road
    I had a opti shot with tee offset right of center and now I have the Protee and have it set right of center and I have no problems, I am about 9 feet from the screen, my room is 11.5 x 15 feet. In your case as long as you have enough room to swing your club you are good just depends on bounce from screen on how far you want to be from screen after that. I hit straight at screen.

Addict
    Thank you mhale - good to know that there is 1 other person with my issue and is dealing with it.

Now when you hit (since it is set up right of center) do you mean you hit perpendicular into the screen, right - not angled at all towards the center?

8 Iron mhale is on a distinguished road
    Correct I do not aim at center of screen however far I'm off center I aim that same amount off center on the screen. It might seem a little strange at 1st but after a short time you don't pay any attention to it.

Addict
    Thank you very much for your help!

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I have been using optishot a while. im about 8ft away also using almost golf balls. My hitting pad is prob 18inches offset. I hit straight into the screen. Hasn't seemed to bother anyone.

8 Iron Riggy69 is on a distinguished road
    Same here. I am about 10 feet crom my screen , I hit real balls a d my optishot is about ! 10 inches off center. I just pretend its centered and try to hit it square !

Thread Information