100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flightscope Xi

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    Big miss by them not having it ready for winter.
    I think the bigger miss is not having a simple video-out on the unit itself for studio use. It's great to have wireless output via tablet but I think after a while, a 10" iPad screen isn't going to cut it. You're telling me after each shot, you're going to walk over to your tablet to be able to see the results? It's going to get real old after 20 swings. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Like most companies, these guys are clueless. My advice, don't waste your time in this thread.

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso View Post
    I think the bigger miss is not having a simple video-out on the unit itself for studio use. It's great to have wireless output via tablet but I think after a while, a 10" iPad screen isn't going to cut it. You're telling me after each shot, you're going to walk over to your tablet to be able to see the results? It's going to get real old after 20 swings. I really hope I'm wrong though.
    As jsgregg said, there are ways to transfer the visuals to a screen off of a tablet. You can't do video out of the radar unless you also build a UI into it, which is more complicated than using existing tablets. My idea would've been tablet to a projector, showing the range on my impact screen. More data on the ipad, iphone because you can connect 5 devices.

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Like most companies, these guys are clueless. My advice, don't waste your time in this thread.
    That is a rather strong statement. I've used the X2 with my pro and it is a fantastic product. I think they went to market with the Xi too soon, issued release dates they couldn't hit, and will receive the duly earned blowback. But if they deliver a functional unit and there are no competitors in that price range by next fall I will buy it.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The x2 is a great product outdoors, indoors, you have better and cheaper options.

And as for your two IFs, I doubt they can get it to will work well indoors. And yes, competition is coming. That's why I said what I said.

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    As jsgregg said, there are ways to transfer the visuals to a screen off of a tablet. You can't do video out of the radar unless you also build a UI into it, which is more complicated than using existing tablets. My idea would've been tablet to a projector, showing the range on my impact screen. More data on the ipad, iphone because you can connect 5 devices.
    I guess Airplay via AppleTV would work. Another device to buy but it seem that AppleTV is only $99 and I trust Apple products more than having an video-out on the Xi unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Haha, a bit strong but like any successful company, you have to advance and develop based on user feedback. I'm not sure who's providing them feedback but it would help if they read threads like these. Sure home sim users is a small minority compared to club fitters and coaches but still, there's a market and money to be made from us.

Any links to new and upcoming products as you've suggested? I really like doppler radar type launch monitors given you have the space (although I think anything greater than 20' length is pushing most home users). All you need is a mat of your choosing to hit from. The problem is, it's relatively cost prohibitive once it's beyond $5K just for the launch monitor. Add in projector, PC and basic setup necessary, you're upwards of $10K. The GC2 with HMT is a good option but even that's costly.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Flightscope Xi will be $2500, mid Feb release as previously stated.

The taylormade tuning monitor is a branded Xi+, which will be available to public same time (mid Feb) but will also report Spin info, as well as AOA and Spin Loft. Price expected to be $5000.

A software upgrade will be available for owners of the Xi to receive the additional info (making it an Xi+) at any time, since the difference is not hardware related.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    This just in from a sales employee with Flightscope:

"We have committed to introducing a FlightScope Xi integration with simulator software in the future but have (not) completed this as of yet."

So looks like they are planning the sim integration. We'll have to see how long that takes.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Chipping snd putting will always be the question. I wonder what they will do about that?

Thread Information