CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge Magician is on a distinguished road

Ottawa Golf Instructors

I have a few questions regarding golf instructors here in Ottawa. Basically which would be the better choice between Kevin Haime and Gregg Foley?

I know they are both very good, just looking for some feedback as I have never taken golf lessons before. I am a lefty so I am wondering if these guys can effectively help me with my swing, if so, can one teach lefties more effectively than the other?

Perhaps there are other Ottawa area golf instructors who may come recommended?

I am looking for 5x 1hour sessions if that matters. Anyways I look forward to some feedback! I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong here but maybe there are some perks which may sway my decision. Really when it boils down to it, I am looking for instruction for my first time and have no idea where the start haha. Price is a factor, but if the better choice is a more expensive one then I will not hesitate going that route.
    Last edited by Magician; 11-29-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    I make golf balls disappear.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    hands down, BC Mist
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    hands down, BC Mist
    I appreciate your input! But keep in mind that I am less than an avid user of this forum, and am not entirely sure who BC Mist is...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    He isn't a golf instructor, but he does give great advice to those brave souls who upload their swings onto this public forum
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I think it really depends on where you're located. If in the West End, Haime or Foley for sure. If you find it more convenient in the East end, I'd try Marc Levac (Asst Pro at Pineview) or Marc Lacombe (Golftown East). Know them both and great guys with an easy approach to the game.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    He isn't a golf instructor, but he does give great advice to those brave souls who upload their swings onto this public forum
    Haha alright, well no offense to him but that's not what I'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I think it really depends on where you're located. If in the West End, Haime or Foley for sure. If you find it more convenient in the East end, I'd try Marc Levac (Asst Pro at Pineview) or Marc Lacombe (Golftown East). Know them both and great guys with an easy approach to the game.
    Thanks for the input! I guess you can say I'm kinda central, and have no problem going out either way. Maybe some others here have experience with some of these instructors? Right now I'm leaning towards Foley because he is less expensive in comparison to Haime. Unless someone can give me a reason to go another route I think I'll go ahead and book.

Thanks a lot guys.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    You can't go wrong with Foley...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

7 Wood petey99 is on a distinguished road
    Had several lessons with Foley, great instructor really helped my game. I have had lessons from others (not Kevin Haime) in the past but I found Gregg to be very patient and never tried to overhaul my swing he more or less tweaked it. I would highly recommend him

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Totally agree about Foley. Knows a ton about the golf swing and can talk about all the new age science behind the swing... Or he can just work on basics - whatever work for you individually.

Here is a link to his winter school: http://greggfoley.com/

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Gregg Foley and Joe Dubinski (another well known instructor here in the west end) have their own indoor golf school over the winter. I have been a member last winter and joined again this winter. I highly recommend checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    You can't go wrong with Foley...
    Quote Originally Posted by petey99 View Post
    Had several lessons with Foley, great instructor really helped my game. I have had lessons from others (not Kevin Haime) in the past but I found Gregg to be very patient and never tried to overhaul my swing he more or less tweaked it. I would highly recommend him

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Totally agree about Foley. Knows a ton about the golf swing and can talk about all the new age science behind the swing... Or he can just work on basics - whatever work for you individually.

Here is a link to his winter school: http://greggfoley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Gregg Foley and Joe Dubinski (another well known instructor here in the west end) have their own indoor golf school over the winter. I have been a member last winter and joined again this winter. I highly recommend checking it out.
    Thanks a lot guys! I'm going to be heading to Foley soon enough. Some even better news, my lessons will be paid for as my Christmas gift this year

I also heard Haime may be a little more strict and can sometimes try to rebuild an entire swing which is not what I am looking for.. great feedback all around guys! Appreciate it.
    Last edited by Magician; 12-04-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Pitching Wedge PANTUSOS is on a distinguished road PANTUSOS's Avatar
    I agree that Greg and Joe are great instructors. Their winter golf school is amazing and worth the money. I've learned so much about the golf swing and how to properly swing the club while at their Winter Golf School. The flightscope is a great tool too!!
    CHICO

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PANTUSOS View Post
    I agree that Greg and Joe are great instructors. Their winter golf school is amazing and worth the money. I've learned so much about the golf swing and how to properly swing the club while at their Winter Golf School. The flightscope is a great tool too!!

I couldn't agree more, 2 of the best instructors together..

I have had a few lessons at the Foley/Dubinski Golf School and can honestly say that I haven't had better results anywhere. Seriously I have improved my swing path and angle of attack in those three lessons more that I have in 5 years at another well known school in the city. They are professional, knowledgeable, approachable, and they know the golf swing "inside and out". If you are in the hunt for good golf instruction and especially if you want quick results do your swing a favour, contact them. They are that good!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Pitching Wedge PANTUSOS is on a distinguished road PANTUSOS's Avatar
    First game out shot 79 first time I broke 80! Thanks Joe and Gregg!
    CHICO

Lob Wedge Laura Lipson is on a distinguished road
    You can always give me a call, I would be happy to teach you some golf. Thanks. Laura Lipson 613-841-3907

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Had 1 lesson with Marc Levac and it did wonders for me! Will be booking more this summer.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Putter reizax is on a distinguished road
    What about golftec? Anyone have any thoughts about them?

Thread Information