100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Putter Hubert is on a distinguished road

P3Pro online play with World Dunes as provider

I got the system like 1 year ago and have been an beta tester for the online game as well from the very beginning. As far as i know I am the only tester from Germany. I can say there is a lot of fun with it even if there are some software bugs on several courses. The guys from P3 like Chuck and Tim did take care for each single bug report or question. The online game is working quite good if you know how to set up a game and if you have a minimum of knowledge obout your computer. Using google chrome the video and sound application works very well and it is fun to see the other guys across the atlantic hitting the ball. Of course playing online is influenced by network speed and connection loss sometimes, but all in all it workes very good. I play every single day during winter time and since ths system is not forgiving any mistake my play did improve so much without any teacher. This saved a lot of money to me and learning by doing did help to set the "how to swing" into my mind much better. The online play against other players is like a competition in real life. You play acceptable as long as you play alone. Once I play online against the guys in US I never can play same good as I can do. So P3Pro online feature helps to get your mind more ready for real competition as well.
    I only hope the online play community of P3Pro will increase fast ... it is realy fun.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    bubba22
    Yes

roach5539
    I am watching the WorldDunes link within the P3Pro user interface. For some reason I don't have a "Schedule A Match" option and I have never had it. When I'm logged in to the World dunes sight I can see my user name in the locker box and renew your membership box to the right, but I can't put my code in and get any different result. I'll call them tomorrow or perhaps Monday to see why this has been happening.
    Stonebattle, I am not aware of a "Schedule a match" option via the P3Pro user interface. Sounds like you have a World Dunes user ID but have not activated your membership. There was two emails that went to P3Pro customers that included an activation code. The first one came out in early November in error and contained an invalid activation key (this is the activation key shared within this forum). You should have received a second email with your personal (valid) activation key in late November or early December.

Once you have activated your worlddunes trial membership you will have access to Schedule a match, video/audio feature, daily games (long drive, closest to the pin), weekly tournament, scorecard history, average club distance history, etc.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Hubert, thanks for the info. I am going to move this to the World Dunes thread.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Zmax
    I've already passed this sight on to him. As far as the Protee is concerned, all I can say is wow, I'm jealous. I did not get to spend much time with it, but the launch angles and ball flight felt like real golf.

Still, P3pro has done a good job with the new update and sight. What Hubert said is right and they deserve consideration for that.

roach5539
    I only received one email with one number. I thought it was the right one, but maybe not. I will find out on Monday.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Smile Membership & Fees

Hi folks,

I'm not sure where some of you are getting your membership and fees from. Especially the post of $399.

Currently there is not a membership being charged. Existing customers recevied an authorization code (which has been extended). There is not a place online to buy a membership yet.

With the free 'All-in-One' installer, there are 3 courses (a full 18 hole course, and 2 short Par 3 courses [all holes are 120 yards or shorter so you can play with low ceilings]).

So currently there is no charge for World Dunes (no courses to buy, no software updates to purchase [they're all free]). All you need is the hardward, sign up to create a user, and activate your account with your free authorization code.

If you did not get the email - contact P3ProSwing's Technical Support at tech@p3proswing.com.

Our software has seen a number of changes over the last 6 months (including Putting, a P3ProSwing Only short course, and other various fixes). We're not done yet - but we're working daily on improving the software. I'm on vacation this coming week, but will be executing a new release to the Virtual Course Software and an improved Driving Range (where Easy, Default and Hard settings actually point to different targets/holes), when I return that includes more fixes.

Chuck

Yes, $399 for extra courses.

Thanks Chuck. So will the online gaming be free or all those that have a P3pro and previously purchased the courses? Is this a limited time offer? The World Dunes site says only 1 month and then there are monthly charges? Can you clearify?

Chuck,
    Thanks for the update.. I was not aware of the trial membership extension - Great news.
    Looking forward to the upgraded software when you return from your vacation - Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    roach5539
    I only received one email with one number. I thought it was the right one, but maybe not. I will find out on Monday.
    I received one on 11/15 that included the following activation code..
    30a92ebe43f0193b - This was sent to everyone in error.
    I tried to use this code and it did not seem to do anything.. No errors, nothing.

Then received another email with a new code on 11/23 that was the real thing... Per Chuck's note if you didn't get the second email with a valid activation code you should contact P3Pro technical support at tech@p3proswing.com

I'd say I have the right one then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert View Post
    I got the system like 1 year ago and have been an beta tester for the online game as well from the very beginning. As far as i know I am the only tester from Germany. I can say there is a lot of fun with it even if there are some software bugs on several courses. The guys from P3 like Chuck and Tim did take care for each single bug report or question. The online game is working quite good if you know how to set up a game and if you have a minimum of knowledge obout your computer. Using google chrome the video and sound application works very well and it is fun to see the other guys across the atlantic hitting the ball. Of course playing online is influenced by network speed and connection loss sometimes, but all in all it workes very good. I play every single day during winter time and since ths system is not forgiving any mistake my play did improve so much without any teacher. This saved a lot of money to me and learning by doing did help to set the "how to swing" into my mind much better. The online play against other players is like a competition in real life. You play acceptable as long as you play alone. Once I play online against the guys in US I never can play same good as I can do. So P3Pro online feature helps to get your mind more ready for real competition as well.
    I only hope the online play community of P3Pro will increase fast ... it is realy fun.
    Hubert, I agree with you 100%! The WorldDunes online play addition to P3Proswing has been great. I have noticed the same thing with regard to better scores playing by myself vs. playing with others. Seems to put a little more pressure on every shot. Much more like real golf and a better test of the swing changes I am working on over the winter. WorldDunes also provides a website/portal for P3Pro users to communicate, schedule matches, compete in daily games, etc.. I recently played in a match with a person from Europe, South America, and the USA.. Pretty cool!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by roach5539 View Post
    I recently played in a match with a person from Europe, South America, and the USA.. Pretty cool!
    That sounds exciting!

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    There looks to have been an update 4.001 on 11/21/12 for prem courses. Anyone do this one and can tell what the changes were? It was not the all in one update but a 30mb one.
    Thanks

SFR: It appears to be the same release.. The 5.0 version of the "All in one" download includes this 4.001 release of the virtual course software. When I open up the program I see the following in the bottom right corner of the screen both before and after installing this "4.001" download.
    "Ver:4.000.1112.171012"

Thanks... just been so busy as of late I have not had the P3Pro on and just seen that and wondered if it was new or not. The computer with the program is in the shop and have not had a chance to fire it up and look at the version.

Sill have to get signed up for the on line play, but no time to play, so not a priority yet. One day we can play around together.... that didn't sound good...

chasiv:
    I hope you answer bubba22's question above.

SFR
    I hope you can play online soon. I think you will find the changes P3pro has made to the premium course play very satisfactory. Putting is still tough for me (of course I struggle with putting on a real course as well). Short putts seem the most difficult to judge compared to a real course, but overall it has been handled well. When they get launch angle integrated the play will be quite realistic.

Stone, is there a plan to have the launch angle work with the premium courses?

Chasiv, here are the questions in case you can't find them ---

So will the online gaming be free or all those that have a P3pro and previously purchased the courses? Is this a limited time offer? The World Dunes site says only 1 month and then there are monthly charges? Can you clearify?

bubba22
    I reread my post and I guess it does sound like I know something. Unfortunately I don't, it's just my wishfull thinking.

Stonebattle,
    Catman and I plan to play Monterey Bay this Saturday at 9:15am.. you're welcome to join us. If we get to many this time, I will ask that we split up into multiple groups.. No reason to play with more than four.

How about you SFR???

roach5539
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by roach5539 View Post
    Stonebattle,
    Catman and I plan to play Monterey Bay this Saturday at 9:15am.. you're welcome to join us. If we get to many this time, I will ask that we split up into multiple groups.. No reason to play with more than four.

How about you SFR???
    Would love to but...... I still don't have my number set up or what ever you need to do. They never send me emails..... could be all the things I find to make them change.... I will just have to email them and get what I need. Some day.... before summer I will join in.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Can anyone recommend a webcam appropriate for the launch angle setting? I'd like to try using the launch angle now that it is free.

Bruce,
    P3Proswing recommends the Logitech QuickCam® Pro 9000 camera, because the software has been configured with its field of view, and with its dimensions.. Not sure it really matters, any usb camera that supports 30 frames a second should work.

Check out this old post regarding this topic:
    http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...21-P3pro-users

Also, here is a link from the P3Pro support site covering the installation and setup.
    http://www.proswingsupport.com/Golf/...AngleSetup.php

Hey Chasiv:
    So will the online gaming be free or all those that have a P3pro and previously purchased the courses? Is this a limited time offer? The World Dunes site says only 1 month and then there are monthly charges? Can you clearify?

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Bubba -- anyone who has purchased a P3ProSwing from P3 can contact us for a membership authorization code. The current status is that it is a limited offer, but we have extended all those users who have fully used their 30 Days.

I cannot say for certain that it will remain free or if there will be a membership fee at some point as that is not my decision to make. I can only state what the current status is.

ALL courses work with the World Dunes website. Anyone can get the free updates which includes the Driving Range (which there is a new version coming out soon), Monterey Bay (a full replica of a real world 18 hole course), Hills of Clarity & Executive Dunes East (both short Par 3 courses with all holes under 120 yards). The updates includes updates to the P3ProSwing software (version 5.0) and to the Virtual Course Software (version 4.0).

Note that changes made to our version of the Virtual Course Software are not all seen on other Red Chain version.

Hopefully that clarifies a bit.

Bubba - as you know, I've previously discussed things that were "supposed" to happen in the future. I refrain from doing so now as what is discussed and what actually happens changes quite often so I err on the side of caution now to protect my own integrity.

I know chasiv. We go back a long way and I appreciate your response. In fact I have always said that YOU are the best part of the P3pro company. We won't hold you to the sword so thanks for coming on and responding. At least the P3pro users can get online play free for now but what the future holds in unknown. If you do find out anything more chasiv do let us know.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    For the p3proswing users there is a great news...You CAN play more then one person on a simulator simultaneously online! (prior to this all users must be registered to worldunes.com)
    Kudos to Humberto (Hubert here) for his findings!

"Re: Can 2 people on one P3PS join a online match 4 player?

by humberto » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 pm
    YES IT WORKS!

I did ask Tim after the first tournament if i can play together with my wife online with others not only sharing the game and hit the ball one after another, but both of us getting our own ID and score.

I did figure it out!
    In short: just open the software two times!

Here is how we did it:

I did open two browser windows, logged in with my and my wife's ID in seperate windows and both logged in into a game set up before by anyone. Then just open the virtuell course software twice and also log in with both ID's, click on the online game and join it. After joining a game the interface opens each time. You can close one of them (it will not reopen!) and just one interface will take care for the data transmission from sensors to PC for both players (isn't that cool?)
    Best is to set the screen size like you can see both windows on one screen eather one in front and one in rear or better next to each other so you can see both screen at the time. Now the software window we opened first is like "master" window where you can play and also adjust direction wihtout doing anything else. My wife who uses the second software window like "slave" window she first must click the mouse into her window to activate the window and bring it into front and then be able to adjust the direction or do any other things like open the menue and so on. If the player using the second "slave" window has to drop the ball after hazard or water the mouse will not move into the slave window. Then just hit ESC. The software on master windoe will ask if you want to leave. This will activate the mouse to move into slave window and then FIRST drop the ball in slave window and THEN hit "NO" in the master window to go on with then game. So this is just a trick to make the mouse move to slave window just if the player in slave window has to drop ball. THATS IT!!!

Now we can play next online tournament toghether at the same time and even join with other players at the same time.

My wife and me did play online yesterday with CatManP3Pro. We had 3 players with 3 different scores on just 2 PC. We even did use the video and THAT WAS FUN! Thanks P3 my wife can not ruin my score again sharing the online game with me at just one ID.
    humberto"
    Last edited by thenootz; 02-13-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow! Great find. If Protee will allow two instances of ProteePlay, then perhaps it will work for Protee also.

Thanks!

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I tested today myself and its working 100% ! The only inconvenience I can think is that the applications will double (triple, etc...haven't tested with more than 2 people) the necesary system resources (graphic card, processors, RAM)...
    Last edited by thenootz; 02-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Thread Information