CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Glad to see P3pro turning the corner.

Any issues with putting roach? i.e. it went in on your screen but lipped out on the other player's screens.

Also, what modes of play are available? Is scramble mode available?

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Did not have any issues with putting.. Although, I did have a lip-out ;-)
    When you schedule a match you can select the "scoring type": Stroke play, Match play, Stableford or Modified Stableford.. No Scramble.

Here are the choices they offer in the match setup screen (cut & paste):

Match name:
    Start time (Eastern): — :
    Private?
    Course:
    Holes:
    Eighteen, Front Nine, Back Nine

Max Players:
    Pin Difficulty:
    Course Setup:
    Mulligans:
    Gimmies:
    Scoring type:
    Start Time (in game):
    Weather:
    Wind:

It appears that each player can select the tee box they would like to use.. Just like real golf. As you enter the lobby and wait for everyone to arrive, each player selects their tee box (distance) before going to the first tee. However, we all played from the same distance today.

No scramble with Protee online either. Although, Red Chain was supposed to be working on it. If they do add it, P3pro would eventually get it too I assume.

Is the ball flight based on each player's own setup and config file? If so, somebody could be playing with a config file that had very little side spin rate so shots will go straighter than normal.

Yes, I believe it's true that people who know about the config file could modify it to their advantage. As long as your not playing for prizes, they're just cheating themselves. Remember, this is a gentlemen's game.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Not every one is changing the config file to gain an advantage. I'm looking for realistic play. I don't normally play the courses P3pro has to offer, but I had some time over the holidays so I played several Highland National rounds with the original P3pro config file and several with my modifications.

With the original P3pro config file I averaged a score in the high 60s and had a low of 58. 58, you've got to be kidding, in my dreams! With my modifications, I had a low of 68 with a average score in the mid 70s. Still a bit opimistic, but much more real. So, using the original P3pro file, at least for me, appears to be way to optimistic.

I've stayed on line waiting for a game several times and have not been able to join or have someone join one I started. When are people playing?

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Hy Stone,

I had a chance to play a few online rounds and found them enjoyable. I usually play between 10 and 12 AM Eastern time.

Yes, World Dunes seems to be most active in the morning right now.. I logged in early yesterday morning and scheduled a 12:30p match. By the time 12:30 roiled around I had 4 players signed up. I noticed a match this morning that had 6 people.. Not sure if all six played or how that works
    I agree with your config file comments. Most people are editing the file to get more realistic play (smaller sweet spot, more distance penalty when you miss hit, etc.) not unrealistic advantage.

thenootz and roach5539

Well this makes sense since I work in the morning much of the time, but I will be on tomorrow at 10:00am EST. Thanks for the input.

Stonebattle, It was great playing with you yesterday morning. If evenings during the week work better for you, schedule something several hours in advance and send me an invite. That or we can Private message and agree on a time to play. I need a little redemption after way I hacked it up yesterday ;-)
    Thenootz, maybe we can find a time when all three of us can play..

BTW: I noticed an announcement on the WorldDunes forum indicating that a new release would be coming out in a few weeks that will solve the issues with the daily game competitions. Should also fix issues with scorecards and average club distances (club data) posting in your personal locker.

Of course roach5539, I usually play in the 10-12 AM ET because at that time for me its evening...I have a time difference of 7 hours here in Eastern Europe . I'll look forward for a game together, especially after the new year's evening when I plan to increase essentially my dedicated time for training. Hope the new software version won't take more than a couple of weeks to be released.
    Last edited by thenootz; 12-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.

roach5539
    Obviously, I have not played these courses very much, but yes it was great. We did not play very well, but it was still fun. That course is a bit strange. OB all over the place and close to many target areas as well. As I recall, I missed one pin by just over 30 ft right and ended up OB. Tough!

Evenings during the week would work out well for me. I'm on eastern time. When you say private message are you referring to this forum or the World Dunes forum?

Since one can play only those course one has installed, which courses are the most common? P3pro has 7 options and I now only have the one they supply free. Does anyone know what courses are in each option?

thenootz
    I normally work mornings. That makes 10am to 12am a bit tough. I can be available many days past 1:00 pm my time.
    What courses do you have?

Stonebattle
    Past 1:00 PM sound OK for me as long as I know with at least 12 hours earlier...so in general I suggest would be good if everybody schedule his match with enough time for the others to plan it.
    Besides the free courses I have the former Pack 1 (18 courses) also...

edit: I have just seen now that they don't sell in form of the old Packs of 18 courses anymore ,they have split them in smaller, cheaper packages...
    I have the following courses:
    Abu Dhabi Golf Club - National Course (Abu Dhabi Golf Club – National Course, ABU DHABI)
    Akron (Firestone Country Club – South Course, USA)
    Doral Resort - Blue Monster (Doral Resort – TPC Blue Monster Course, USA)
    Driving Range
    Emirates Golf Club – Majlis (Emirates Golf Club – Majlis Course, DUBAI)
    Estonia (Estonian Golf & Country Club – Sea Course, ESTONIA)
    Fife Old Golf Links (St. Andrews – Old Course, SCOTLAND)
    Gut Kaden Golf & Country Club (Der Golf und Land Club Gut Kaden – Combination of C&B Courses, GERMANY)
    Kingsbarns (Kingsbarns Golf Links, SCOTLAND)
    Kungsangen - Kings Course (Kunsängen Golf Club – Kings Course, SWEDEN)
    Monterey Beach (Bebble Beach Golf Links 2009, USA)
    Monterey Glass (Spyglass Hill Colf Course, USA)
    Muirfield Village (Muirfield Village Colf Club, USA)
    Oakmount Country Club (Oakmount Country Club, USA)
    Prairie Dunes (Prairie Dunes Country Club, USA)
    Quail Hollow (Quail Hollow Golf Course, USA)
    Royal Troon (Royal Troon Golf Club – Old Course, UK)
    The Celtic Manor Resort 2010 (Celtic Manor Resort - The Twenty Ten Course, UK)
    Vanajanlinna Golf & Country Club (Vanajanlinna Golf & Country Club - Linna Course, FINLAND)
    Last edited by thenootz; 12-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

I only have the following courses:
    Monterey Bay (The links at Spanish Bay)
    Abu Dhabi Golf Club
    Enchanted Forest (fantasy course)
    Plus the two Par 3 courses they just added in version 5.0

We can Private message here or via the World Dunes forum, they both are linked to my gmail account.

Mid-morning eastern time during the week is tough for me as well; usually working at that time. I may be able to join you guys for a 1pm match if it happens to fit into my work calendar. Schedule it and I will try to join.

Tomorrow (Sunday 12/29) is fairly open.. Is there a time that will work for both of you?

I sent both of you PM. Let me know what you think. I have 8:00am to 12:00pm Sunday open, but that's all.
    I only have Monterey Bay. I'm not sure I want to get any others until I see where this is going.

Both of you have Abu Dhabi. That seems to be a common choice. I'm not sure what course selection P3pro has that includes it. If anyone knows, send me a pm.

It seems there are not many people playing. Am I wrong about this?

Yes, Abu Dhabi was included with my system when I purchased it mid 2012. I looked at the P3Pro website and noticed that if you have your browser status bar on and hover over each picture you will see a file name that includes the course name. Based on that it looks like the Black Course pack includes the following:

Abu-Dhabi National Course
    Cog Hill Dubsdread course
    Cauer dAlene
    Doral Blue Monster
    Estonian - Sea Course
    Fife Jubilee
    La Tempete
    Medinah
    Whitford Country Club

I agree there are not a lot of active members on World Dunes yet.. However, I have had success scheduling a match a few hours in advance of the time I wanted to play.. Each time i have done this, I have had a least one person join my match (you get an emails each time someone selects your match on the website and clicks on join). Have not been stood up yet

Hopefully, when the new software release comes out activity will pick up. New release should include support for the various daily games, scorecard history, club data (average distances) etc..
    Last edited by roach5539; 01-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Good catch, I found I can right click on the course picture and then hit properties and I can see the course name at the top. Status on and hover does not work for me for some reason.

Obviously, everyone has Monterey Bay.. This and the two Par-3 Executive courses are the common link between all World Dunes members at this point. I was able to play Abu Dhabi with someone the other day and noticed a match scheduled for Akron (Firestone). So there are other courses being played.

I watch at bit yesterday and some games show up and are filled quickly. One showed up just before 5pm yesterday. I got up to get a drink and it was gone before I got back. (2min max) These must be scheduled by people with friends and come and go quickly.

I was putting my behind off in that last game we played. Unfortunately, that is not normal for me.

Stonebattle,
    Are you watching the WorldDunes website or just via the WorldDunes link within the P3Pro user interface? Matches are created on the website and do not show up in the software until 10 minutes before the scheduled time. I would like to play tomorrow morning if I can remove a conflict, I will schedule the match this evening on the website. Anyone that logs into the website will be able to see my match and join if they want to play at the designated time. I will get an email each time someone selects my match and clicks on the join match button. Tomorrow morning 10 minutes before the match is scheduled to begin, it will show up in the P3Pro software link to WorldDunes.

Lob Wedge gwear55068 is on a distinguished road
    roach,

Can you tell me how to create a match on the website? Maybe I'm confused but the only way I can see to create one is inside of the p3 virtual course software. When I go to the World Dunes website and log in, I don't see any option to create a match.

Gwear,
    Yes, First you need to be a member of World Dunes. All P3Pro customers have been offered a free 30 day trail. If you are already a member, go to http://www.worlddunes.com/ and click on Member Login in the blue bar along the top. Login with your user name and password. It will take you to a page with your name on a locker. To the right of the lockers you will find a section labeled "Schedule A Match" with a button labeled "Create new Match". Click the button and it will take you to the match creation page where you select the date/time, course, public/private, weather, number of holes, etc..
    Once you create the match it will appear in the "Upcoming Matches" section above the lockers. People can then see you have a match planned, click on it and indicate they plan to join. 10 minutes before the scheduled time, the match will appear in the P3Pro software and allow you and others to join.
    If you look in the worlddunes website forum section you will find a good set of instructions under "Getting Started":
    http://forum.worlddunes.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Hope this helps

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Out of interest, how many P3pro members are gonna pay the $80-150 yearly membership of World Dunes?

roach5539
    I'm good for tomorrow morning

bubba22
    Actually I think it's $399 plus tax plus the membership fee. One needs the courses installed on his/her computer in order to play most of the games that are scheduled. I suppose one could get along with the three supplied, but what's the fun in that.

I'm still looking at upgrading to a protee system, so I'm not in for it yet. I plan to try a Protee system out in the near future at a friend of a friends.

P3pro has done a good job on the new update and the sight, so it's tempting.
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-04-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: readable

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    roach5539
    I'm good for tomorrow morning

bubba22
    Actually I think it's $399 plus tax plus the membership fee. One needs to courses installed on his/her computer in order to play most of the games that are scheduled. I suppose one could get along with the three supplied, but what's the fun in that.

I'm still looking at upgrading to a protee system, so I'm not in for it yet. I plan to try a Protee system out in the near future at a friend of a friends.

P3pro has done a good job on the new update and the sight, so it's tempting.

That's really expensive isn't it?

bubba22
    Yes

roach5539
    I am watching the WorldDunes link within the P3Pro user interface. For some reason I don't have a "Schedule A Match" option and I have never had it. When I'm logged in to the World dunes sight I can see my user name in the locker box and renew your membership box to the right, but I can't put my code in and get any different result. I'll call them tomorrow or perhaps Monday to see why this has been happening.

$399 + memberhip fees? What's the $399 for? Extra courses?

You guys do know that these Red Chain courses already have the ability to play online free? Some programming changes would probably be needed obviously. The World Dunes server and membership does have some nice features but not necessary.

I guess if you want to use your P3pro online, you don't have a choice.

Zmax
    Yes extra courses.
    The new update only includes one par 4 course and 2 par 3 courses and one must have a course installed on ones computer in order to play on line. Many/most of the games scheduled on the sight appear to me to be other courses that are on one the the course packages that cost $175 to $399. If one buys all of the course disks, then it would cost a bit over $2K.

Well, you should really check out your friend of a friend's Protee before buying more courses. Perhaps you can encourage this person to come on this forum and join our online play group.

Thread Information