+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    It will put a strain on the CPU and graphics card for sure. Lowering the detail and resolution should help.

Bubba22, lets get this info out to Protee. People have been asking for this.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Done. Very cool.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    It will put a strain on the CPU and graphics card for sure. Lowering the detail and resolution should help.

Bubba22, lets get this info out to Protee. People have been asking for this.
    Z,

If the resources are low on a single system, there is another hypothetical solution which may work...having the application installed on a second system and connect the simulator on both systems through a USB switch hub...

Quote Originally Posted by thenootz View Post
    Z,

If the resources are low on a single system, there is another hypothetical solution which may work...having the application installed on a second system and connect the simulator on both systems through a USB switch hub...
    I though about that. It's a possibility but the problem is the back and forth communications from 2 computers to one device. The device might get confused. It's worth a try.

Edit: This won't work as you would need another security dongle or activation code(Protee).

I know for sure that exist outhere some USB hub devices with a small A/B switch which commute sequentially the comunication between 2 systems and a USB device, I will try to get one from eBay and make some tests.

Edit: For p3pro may work for the free courses pack.

I would prefer running two sim windows on 1 computer. Easier to do with the same projector and screen. Just beef up the CPU, ram, and graphics card.

As long as the interface can deal with two or more instances of the same application I can't see why not... that's the case of p3pro.

Quote Originally Posted by thenootz View Post
    As long as the interface can deal with two or more instances of the same application I can't see why not... that's the case of p3pro.
    It should work if using a switch. Will the P3pro interface reestablish the serial/USB connection automatically? The Protee will but we would need another machine activation code.

Another thing, when the communications are reestablished, there's a chance the same swing data that was sent to computer A might get sent again to computer B. Which would not be good obviously.

USB its using a simple serial communication protocol which AFAIK its just transmiting (not academically explanation) data over the wire and for control a "start" bit and a "stop" bit to indicate the end of data. When the host is transmitting a packet of data, it is sent to every device connected to an enabled port....bla bla, just a serial comunication which dosent need to be kept alive. The USB switch its the one who keep the order of a sequential connection trough the different systems...
    Last edited by thenootz; 02-12-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Z,

Have you tried? Does the protee interface allow more then one application instance to be run on a single computer, how its dealling with this? I'm just curious...

Only one instance of the Protee interface can be running on one computer. ProteePortal, which is used to start ProteePlay(Red Chain), will only allow one instance of ProteePlay. A request has just been put in asking Protee if two instances of ProteePlay can be done.

Ah yes, I recall now it has a portal framework...then only 2 systems solution may be a workaround for the moment...
    Thank you.

Edit: Again hypotetically, there could be an OS virtualization solution. Maybe you could try this with VMware software? Could be interesting...

Putter Hubert is on a distinguished road
    ok guys...i did play severyl times now with two ID's on same computer (a laptop). As far as I can say even if the virtuel software is opened two times it does not influence the system resources too much, because after a shot the system needs the resources for just this shot at the moment while the second software just idles and then receives the data from internet a moment later and gives it to the second software. Even if I did adjust the graphic setting to maximum performance there was no stalling or slowing down of the screen movement. The system recources to make the interface running should not be influenced since it is opened only one time and runs the data just for one shot at the time anyway.

Tim from P3 did tell me that he will check it out and develope some instruction procedure for it. Waiting for his solution should be best way.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Online Play - ProTee versus P3ProSwing

For those discussing things that work with P3ProSwing's online play versus ProTee - I think it is important to realize they online play is handled 100% different on the 2 softwares. The online play within P3ProSwing is not a Red Chain solution, but a custom built one. So you are likely to experience totally different abilities and connection types.

Obviously, the ProTee folks can better access what they can and can not do but I simply wanted to clarify there is a tremendous difference.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I didn't see any post from chasiv on this, but he put together a great site that has all of the information on the P3ProSwing courses:
    http://www.cbbfl.com/World_Dunes/Course_Info.php

Great job chasiv!

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    That is very cool... Thanks for posting this!!

I noticed the P3ProSwing website has been updated.. New branding P3 and P3Live.. New course packs Level 1, 2, 3.. All the courses for $399 when buying a new unit. Can't tell how much to upgrade - add courses.

Chasiv or Cory, can you explain the new options??

I am still waiting for clarification - but will post back here as soon as I know.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Just wanted to post a quick comment on the on line play. I didn't think I would really get into the daily closest to the pin or 9 hole par 3 competitions..... but I do like them. It does add a bit of nerves to the game when you are playing to post a score. Don't care as much for the long drive as I could beat it with my PW if I wanted to..... but if one could be 100% sure all were on equal ground then it may be fun.

Same could be said for the tournaments but when you kind of know the guys, being on this forum, you feel better about their game play being accurate.

P3Pro even gave out another free course so that ones that don't have the dongle for it, could enter that tournament. I know they can't do that with all of them but good on them for doing so.

I think just having the option to play over the winter with other guys will be worth paying something for the membership eventually, just not sure how much I would want to pay before I say its not worth it.

So thanks Chuck and the rest of your team for doing this.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Cory or Chuck... Any update on the new course upgrade options? Looks like you can add 16 courses for $249 and 32 courses for $399 when buying a new unit. Do you have any new info on course upgrades - adding courses to an existing unit?

Sorry for the delayed response, but there are the new Premium Course options:

Level 1 Courses (4 courses): Included with every sale
    Level 2 Courses (16 courses): $249
    Level 3 Courses (16 courses): $249

Level 1:
    · Monterey Bay
    · Abu Dhabi
    · Executive Dunes East
    · Hills of Clarity
    Level 2:
    · Congressional CC
    · Innisbrook Resort
    · The Belfry