Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar

P3ProSwing & World Dunes Online Play

Hey All,

P3ProSwing just announced their new online play through World Dunes:

http://golfsimulatornews.blogspot.ca...oswing-to.html

The World Dunes website it www.worlddunes.com
    (Currently info on it).

But I got an email with some more info on it:
    WORLD DUNES CHOOSES P3PROSWING AS OFFICIAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNER!

Experience golf in a way you never thought possible. From 9-hole executive courses to challenging 18s, World Dunes is the premiere online golf club with live play. Instantly play 9-holes with your grandkids in Chicago or your best friend in Green Bay. With live voice and video you can play and talk as if you were on the links.

Join tournaments, earn points, win prizes, get discounts and compete with other golfers around the world.

To play at World Dunes all you need is your P3ProSwing golf simulator, an 8ft ceiling, irons, putter and a foam ball. It's real golf, in real time.

Membership Includes:
    • Online play with up to 3 friends.
    • Live voice and video.
    • Nearest to the Pin and Longest Drive skills challenges.
    • Untimed tournament play
    • Public and private match play
    • Your own private Locker with advanced swing diagnostics and statistical club tracking.
    • Create your own tournaments and make your own wagers.
    • Earn tour money and win prizes.
    • Access exclusive offers from World Dunes partners on travel, course fees and equipment.
    • Play up to 103 fun and challenging courses
    • Join a worldwide golf community from the comfort of your own home
    Looks like it might be pretty interesting, but I wonder if there are longer courses were you will need your driver (since they said all you need is 8' ceilings and irons)?

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

PS: I have a free 1 month authorization code if anyone wants it (if you are on their mailing list you should have already received one)

Your 1 month Membership Access can be authorized using this authorization code: 8aa76a0e62a7fbeb

MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS

Instantly join tournaments, play your friends in Chicago, London, New York, and Seattle... At the same time!

30 DAY

$12/month

6 MONTH

$60 ($10/month)

1 YEAR

$96 ($8/month)

2 YEAR

$144 ($6/month)

CAN I SWITCH PLANS?

Yes. You may upgrade at anytime in your locker.

IS THERE A DISCOUNT FOR LONGER MEMBERSHIP?

Yes. The longer the membership you buy, the better the monthly rate you will get. Buy a year of World Dunes Membership and play golf year round on 75+ world-class courses with one membership.

HOW DO I GET STARTED?

Go to www.worlddunes.com and create an account. This will take you to your profile. Input your membership code and start playing.

To activate your 1 month membership, please follow these simply steps:
    This Activation Code will expire on 2012-12-31
    Visit the World Dunes website for more information on our privacy policy, terms of use and other documentation.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Interesting, I have wanted some par 3 courses for the P3pro but never seen any. With the courses you play on line, can you just buy them? Do you know how you are able to play them on line for that time period or do you actually down load the courses and just have a code activated on line?

Still think there are issues with how the P3pro plays so I don't think I would want to play on line with stock settings and I can't imagine that you could play with your own.... or could you?

Hope you didn't break your other ankle jumping off the Eskimo band wagon...... did mine in jumping off the Rider one.

LOL SFR

Well it looks like P3Pro made a mistake and sent out the release before they were ready. So this may be a little bit still.

From what I have found out, the courses will be their Premium (Red Chain) courses, so there won't be any change in software. The World Dunes is basically the host/server. They did mention couple of Par 3 courses that will be available and that is why they said the height requirement is so low

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Cory, the World Dunes site says coming soon. How long? Why would they announce this before its ready?

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    bubba, the email follow up email from P3Pro I saw said they were testing the release email and selected the wrong group to send it to.

I did get a copy of the original email but not this follow up email you are talking about. So basically it was a mistake sending the original xray!

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    Yep, the second email went to my spam folder and I already cleared it.

Who all is still using the P3pro and the Prem Courses? I thought it was just me and one other guy....

Would actually like to talk about the last update.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    I am still playing
    Love my P3Pro and just starting play on it a little more as the golf season winds down here in Michigan. I plan to load the new update tomorrow.

Hey All,

WorldDunes.com is now up.

I'm still out with a broken ankle, but would love to hear how the online play experience is

Cheers,
    Cory

Any more of an idea about the par 3 courses? Did P3pro say they would give out a download for those?

OK, just got off the phone with my contact at P3Pro and here are some of the highlights:

- WorldDunes.com online play (free initial membership and free 1 year membership with new purchases)

- Courses:
    - Base package now includes two Par 3 Courses and Monterey Bay
    - Premium Courses split into 4 packages to make it easier to buy upgrades
    - Addition of 3 Fantasy Course packages (which they call "Ethereal")

- Software Version 5:
    - Improved putting and chipping
    - ALL proprietary software options including Skills Competition AND Launch Angle software is now included at no charge!!!
    - No dongle required for proprietary software
    - FREE download for ALL customers! Yes for ALL customers!

- New Grass Top option
    - New turf option for $150 more. This is a hitting turf that is estimated to last 3 to 10 years depending on usage and is only replaceable by P3Pro as it is part of the unit's construction. There is a rubber surface underneath the turf for durability and shock absorption
    - The rubber top and grass top (now called their commercial top) are still available.

- New taping options
    - The sample packs and bulk one step packages have been removed
    - The tape is no longer contoured and is larger to accommodate more club sizes

Now I just have to get my website and all of my inventory updated!!!

For those of you who order it from my site, you will now be getting the latest version

Cheers,
    Cory

Also, with the new turf top there is no rubber tee hole anymore, just a hole for the tee itself so that the rubber tee does not pop up anymore

Here is the preliminary picture of the new turf top beside the commercial grass top.
    Attached Images

Cory let the users know which top is which. I hope the online play will pan out. Protee has it for free. Have they fixed some of the course issues?

Cory, Do you know if they will offer a way to upgrade from the rubber top to the new "turf top"? The grass top retro fit has been a little pricey at $350.

Good point bubba - the top on the left is the Turf top and the top on the right is the commercial Grass top.

Looks like they have fixed a lot of the issues, but I haven't tested out the new software and won't be able to do so for a little bit.

Roach5539, yes you can upgrade your rubber top to the new turf top - just call them at 1-877-P3ProGo and make arrangements with them (as they are the only one doing the upgrade).

Lob Wedge gwear55068 is on a distinguished road
    I couldn't get Cory's links to work. I found the new version download in their support section here. Looks like 1 download for all of it!

Cory, I also could get the activation code to work? It says invalid code. Do you know if they sent out unique ones?

Thanks gwear - looks like they changed everything for the version 5 software now.

As for the activation code, if it doesn't work then it must have been used or changed. Just try contacting P3Pro direct for your free activation.

Cheers,
    Cory

Wonder if the tweaking will be gone now.....not available.... and as long as all works as it should that would not be a bad thing. Less dongles will be a bonus and just now needing the ones for the remainder of the Prem Courses. Might install on a computer that I don't use it on anymore just in case.

Big down load though....

SFR have you tried the new version and downloaded the World Dunes software? They must be hurting for business. I hope the online games work for them. Interested to see if they can still be tweaked?

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    If true, I must say I'm verry pleased seeing the following statement:

"P3ProSwing Golf Version 5.0 - Dongle Free Bliss!
    We have included all of the features of P3ProSwing's Golf Analyzer software in this 5.0 download for FREE! Now free to use without a black security dongle is:
    • P3ProSwing Launch Angle Camera
    • P3ProSwing Vector Integration
    • P3ProSwing Video Capture
    • P3ProSwing Zelocity Integration (Unsupported)
    Now you can have all of the features the Pros use for teaching in your own home golf studio, without the high costs!"

Yep, but not great for those who had paid for it in the past. Remind me, does the launch angle work with the new premium courses? My brother in law is using my old P3pro so will be playing around with him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    SFR have you tried the new version and downloaded the World Dunes software? They must be hurting for business. I hope the online games work for them. Interested to see if they can still be tweaked?
    Just working on the down load now and then to burn a disk so that I don't have to download from the site (close to an hr) on every computer I have it on.

Not so sure I would be into the on line play as some times I can't tell how much time I have to fool around on the sim but would rather have things work they way they are supposed to.

Never asked this before but you can you play online with someone who uses another system, or can you only play online with Pro Tee users? I guess I assumed you could only play with the same platform (brand).

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Their timing is uncanny. Just before black Friday and Xmas. Didn't they about this time last year announced that online play was coming?

Unlocking features that weren't selling anyway?

No way the online will work with other sims. Heck, you should just hope that it works.

This is what I found so far. The download will clear out the old main program and re installs the new 5 version. This new version will let you now play the original 2 P3pro courses along with a few Prem Courses (2 par 3 and one reg) without any dongles. Also the launch angle feature in now free as long as you have a web cam or something to use with it. That LA cam still only works on the P3pro courses and range. This LA info is not used in the Prem Courses. So now those who did not keep their Prem Courses, at least have a few to play for free.

There is also some changes to the Prem Course setup. You only have one shortcut to load as it loads the interface on its own. Also the friction slider goes from 1 to 10 now but I did not find much difference on 1 or 10 with putt speed. I may have a bit of an issue with the download as when practicing on the Prem Courses, the quit (in the menu) button does not always work. Have to close the window from the tool bar and start over. When playing a reg round it seems to be ok.

Good news is we can still tweak the file, although again, I hope there is less need to do so. Club penalty and sweet spot are still something that I like to change so that a heel or toe hit shows a reduced yardage.

Anyone who is testing out the new version can give some feedback as to what still may need tweaking or if it is good as is.

Thanks SFR. As usual you are great for P3pro!

I also downloaded and installed 5.0 last night. Much cleaner upgrade/installation process. As indicated above you now only need one shortcut to open up the premium courses. I had the same problem with the quit button in the premium practice range the first time I opened it. However, it worked fine on all subsequent visits to the range. Version 5 Adds three new Premium courses without the need of a dongle. Needed to use my old dongle to access the two premium courses that came with my 4.3 version, but once I plugged it back it, they worked fine.

I sent an email to P3Pro asking for more information on Rubber top to Turf top upgrade and the online play.

I will do more 5.0 testing this evening to see what improvements have been made.

Confirmed with P3Pro sales today that they do offer the new "Turf Top" as an upgrade to the rubber top for $150. You have to mail in your unit, they swap the top and send it back all within 5-7 days.

I also asked them about World Dunes. They said existing customers would get an email once they were ready to launch the offering. They would not commit to a specific date.. Just "coming very soon".

Quick note on the QUIT button not always working. I have noticed that when it is not clicking, keep moving the mouse around and some times as you get to an edge of the button it will work. Always seems to change. One time click on the upper half, next time on the bottom almost edge of the tab. It's a pain with XP as you can't get out of the software unless you "Cont, Alt, Del" and close from there.

In windows 7 you can click over the icon on the bottom of the screen and close from there. They may have the click point on that quit button messed up.

Side note I like the options on the par 3's when practicing that they have a putting. chipping and driving range in them when you click change hole. At least one did.... guess I should have checked the other.

Thread Information