CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar

Indoor Winter Golf Lessons

Seeing the post about Greg's indoor golf setup got me thinking about doing some lessons over the winter. I keep saying I want to do lessons but then never get around to it during our musch too short golf season so I thinking maybe the winter is the time to do it. I have a few questions for the peanut gallery.

1. Has anyone done lessons at the Gatineau Golf Town location? I live past the turn off to Le Sorcier Golf Club so this is by far the closest place I could do lessons. Both T-to-Green and Greg's school are a hour (give or take) away. Any other spots?

2. With winter lessons I imagine pracitcing between lessons (at least hitting balls) is difficult. Anyone who has tried both lessons in the summer and lesons in the winter care to compare?

Thanks for the help.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    After you recommend a teacher to wboudrea, can you recommend me one, preferably in the south end, so that I can beat him at golf next season?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I signed up with Gregg last year, and just today signed up again this year after seeing amazing results. A few things are very different between a lesson you take in the summer/winter and a golf school.

1 - Typically a single lesson involves a single fix that helps you get better results. You're swing could be completely flawed, but the instructor notices that if you change your grip, your club face will be straight at impact. How it gets there remains flawed.

2 - A single lesson is normally followed by 2-3 weeks of terrible golf and frustration - normally leading you to consciously, or subconsciously revert back to your old swing mechanisms. Summer is too short to have 2-3+ weeks of bad golf IMO

3 - A golf school gives you 4-5 months to rebuild or tweak a golf swing without even worrying about the scores on the course, or in most cases, what your ball looks like 20ft off your golf club.

4 - Winter golf school is the best bang for the buck for lessons. The equivalent of 3-4 lessons gives you an entire winter of instruction, video and endless practice if you have the time, and the motivation

5 - Winter golf school gets you off to a fast start in the spring - and hopefully keeps you moving in the right direction throughout the summer.

Now that I've experience both a single summer lesson, and a winter golf school I have decided to stick to rebuilding/fixing my swing in the winter months, and just enjoying golf in the summer. That said, I know that if something goes astray I can head to see the coach I worked with throughout the winter for a 30 minute lesson to be put back on line.

BTW I'm not affiliated with any golf schools - I'm simply a very happy customer.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodey View Post
    After you recommend a teacher to wboudrea, can you recommend me one, preferably in the south end, so that I can beat him at golf next season?
    Not sure where you are South of Ottawa, but I believe Tee-to-Green has relocated somewhat south, I believe they are around the Hunt Club/Merivale area.

Thread Information