100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which club?

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

Which club?

Suppose someone was hypothetically offering you to replace one club in your golf bag (regardless of cost) at a hypothetical demo sale happening tomorrow, which club would you upgrade?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Whichever one you like the least.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Suppose someone was hypothetically offering you to replace one club in your golf bag (regardless of cost) at a hypothetical demo sale happening tomorrow, which club would you upgrade?
    Hypothetically speaking, if I had recently played a round with this hypothetical subject, I'd be leaning towards hypothetically replacing said driver!!! LOL!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    If they had scotty's...putter. If not...Driver....you can never have enough drivers. Unless a set of irons counts as one club.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Driver, new drivers are always fun to play.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if I had recently played a round with this hypothetical subject, I'd be leaning towards hypothetically replacing said driver!!! LOL!!!
    That round will be on my mind all winter, I should have ended my season a week before at Stonebridge

Putter heath66 is on a distinguished road
    Putter...they stay in my rotation the longest. Or 3 wood. Driver has not advanced (face COR) since 2008.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    So? What did you get? I almost pulled the trigger on a 910H and 910Fd but I only wanted the heads and couldn't justify spending over $300 on two heads.... :S I couldn't have sold the V2 that came in the Fd to anyone I know...That thing feels like junk IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post
    So? What did you get? I almost pulled the trigger on a 910H and 910Fd but I only wanted the heads and couldn't justify spending over $300 on two heads.... :S I couldn't have sold the V2 that came in the Fd to anyone I know...That thing feels like junk IMHO..
    3 titleist vokey wedges, 52-56-60 with low bounce. Ive not been consistent with my graphite shaft wedges so Im going back to steel. $75/ club. I almost bought iron set AP2 for $550 but shafts were too stiff SG300.

Nice work!

I saw that 13.5 FD as well, shaft is crapola and have you actually hit one of them yet? They feel completely different than the 910F fairway woods, almost a really hollow feeling, can't get my head around it.

I hit it today actually and it didn't feel great...I wasn't sure if that was because of the sack of deuce shaft or because of the head. I was only thinking of the FD because the F seems very shallow.

I don't really like any of the stock shaft offerings from Titleist. I'm more interested in the heads and then I'll get my own shafts.

Which 3-wood do you recommend? I mostly use it off the tee. I'm not normally far enough out for the 3-wood on the course.

I had the 910FD this year and it is a great head but i couldn't get over the feel/sound it made at impact, it was like nothing i've ever hit. I've got an old school cleveland launcher 4 wood in the bag now that isn't going anywhwere as it is a rocket launcher. I do however want to put a tour spoon in the bag next year or a 14 degree fairway wood, out of everything i've hit the RBZ tour spoon is a monster depending on what shaft you have in it and i also love the Ping I20's however they are fairly shallow.

I was hitting the RBZ very well and it felt nice as well. I think I'd move more towards the 15 degree though if I were getting one. Do you not find there is little use for a 14 degree with your distance? I'm hitting my 3-wood as far as my playing partners hit their driver on some holes. I can't imagine it being less loft.....

Thread Information