CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

Re-Shafting into adjustable head

I really like the shaft I am currently playing in my Ping 3-wood (Matrix Ozik Code-7) bought directly from a Matrix dealer.

I am probably going to pick up a Titleist head (910FD). What I am wondering is if it is a difficult task to get the two of them to work together? I'm assuming I need to somehow get an adapter. Can the club makers supply these for the major OEM brands? After being pulled from my PING head is there going to be sufficient length and tip area for this to work?

Thanks for the information.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    you need the adapter. Golfworks carries a non OEM one that works nicely. They aren't cheap, around $50. or post on here and some might have one or a good clubmaker can likely get one as well.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    What you would typically do is pull the shaft from the adapter for the Titleist and then install the new shaft into that adapter. Buying new adapter is only required if you want to have multiple shaft options or if the adapter is damaged. I've done this on a TM adapter and it's a piece of cake.

On the length topic depending on how deep the adapter is you might need to trim some extra from the Ping shaft to get the same playing length and effective BBG (bottom of bore to ground) measurement. That's the real determiner for how the shaft will feel.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    What you would typically do is pull the shaft from the adapter for the Titleist and then install the new shaft into that adapter. Buying new adapter is only required if you want to have multiple shaft options or if the adapter is damaged. I've done this on a TM adapter and it's a piece of cake.

On the length topic depending on how deep the adapter is you might need to trim some extra from the Ping shaft to get the same playing length and effective BBG (bottom of bore to ground) measurement. That's the real determiner for how the shaft will feel.
    I guess I should find out some more info then.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Look around on wrx.com and you will find all the answers you need. I bought an aftermarket sleeve and ferrule off the bay for my 910H hybrid had it installed via the saint and it's been glorious all year. Did the same with a few shafts and oem driver tips too, really simple, they just need to be tipped a half inch.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Yep if anything. Adapters have made it easier to install shafts now. Like John said golfwrx is a great resourse.
    Twitter: Gropper76

The one thing I find with GolfWRX is that not a lot of people like to ship cross-border...It's pretty annoying to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    The one thing I find with GolfWRX is that not a lot of people like to ship cross-border...It's pretty annoying to say the least!
    Golfworks. Not golfwrx. I find a lot will ship on golfwrx if you ask them nicely

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    GolfWRX people will ship to Canada, but the price has gone throught the roof. I had a guy send me a driver last month from North Carolina, cost him $33 in shipping and once it got to my door it was another $24 in duty and all the other crap! Driver was only $120!!!!!
    Twitter: Gropper76

Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    GolfWRX people will ship to Canada, but the price has gone throught the roof. I had a guy send me a driver last month from North Carolina, cost him $33 in shipping and once it got to my door it was another $24 in duty and all the other crap! Driver was only $120!!!!!

it's a bit hit and miss. They seem to be clamping down as of late on stuff over $100 like clubs but smaller stuff they don't care about. $30 is about right for shipping a box to canada with a golf club in it. And you didn't pay duty, you paid taxes, and possibly a handling fee. Still better than fedex, ups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Look around on wrx.com and you will find all the answers you need. I bought an aftermarket sleeve and ferrule off the bay for my 910H hybrid had it installed via the saint and it's been glorious all year. Did the same with a few shafts and oem driver tips too, really simple, they just need to be tipped a half inch.
    Do you have a specific seller you have dealt with for these parts? I checked ebay and perhaps I don't know what I am looking for exactly, but most of the adaptors are pretty pricy, then add shipping...it's an expensive venture!!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Try Golfworks.ca, they are on Industrial Avenue here in Ottawa for adapters and they have good prices on shafts.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    Do you have a specific seller you have dealt with for these parts? I checked ebay and perhaps I don't know what I am looking for exactly, but most of the adaptors are pretty pricy, then add shipping...it's an expensive venture!!
    driver over to golfworks on Industrial. They have them in stock and no shipping.

http://www.golfworks.ca/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BB9042

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    driver over to golfworks on Industrial. They have them in stock and no shipping.

http://www.golfworks.ca/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BB9042
    Yeah I think that's the best bet. Just waiting for a reply from the seller of the head I'm looking at. I all else fails...There's always the option of the 913's coming out soon!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    You will be looking at something for 50$ regardless if you go non oem. Another good bet is to look for someone dumping a driver shaft from a 910 driver with the OEM tip on it that you can pull and use.

Thread Information