CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road

my 11 yr old is now a level 2

He passed with 100 percent , pretty impressive because he really does not play much. he is actually very close to being ready for level 3 , he has taken a huge interest in the rules. Great for me because he now caddies in tourny's. Our head official is on my street and has been helping him, great stuff and yes I am pretty proud, I still no very little but this has been a great learning for me as well.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Look out Lyle and Gerry. Good for him.

Both those guys are great to repond to threads. His knowledge of the advanced rules is as strong as the basic rules. He has great conversations with our head official. His lack of playing may have helped him because he had no preconcieved rules knowledge just what he studied from the rules book and the decisions book. He now needs more practical experiece so dad is hoping he plays alot more next yr and wants to caddy.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tyorke1 View Post
    He passed with 100 percent , pretty impressive because he really does not play much. he is actually very close to being ready for level 3 , he has taken a huge interest in the rules. Great for me because he now caddies in tourny's. Our head official is on my street and has been helping him, great stuff and yes I am pretty proud, I still no very little but this has been a great learning for me as well.
    Hi Tim, Congratulations to your son and to you for encouraging him get his certification. I am sure that with the assistance of your neighbour, he will easily be able to complete his 20 hours of on course experience to complete the L2 requirements.

The Level 3 will be a lot more challenging and it will necessitate his going through the Rules of Golf and Book of Decisions several times, and attend a 3 day seminar, before taking the exam. In completing my L3 five years ago, less than half the class past and in getting re-certified it this spring, the numbers were about the same. With his obvious keeness and the help he is getting, he should do very well. It is great to see someone so young, take an interest in the Rules. Would love to have him sitting in the cart beside me as an observer, during some of our tournaments. Lyle

Your right lyle, being a director I will be able to get him his 20 easily. He has already gone through some of the decisions book. He has always had a love with reading and this made the dry reading much easier. I may be biased but when he and GREG chat I am in awe of what he askes and what he answers citing the rule number. I am learning more than I ever new. btw I tried to congratulate you this year with your accomplishments but the email was not current so congratulations great to seeing you play well

Thread Information