CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Titleist 913 Drivers

Was at Golftown on the weekend and had the chance to hit the new 913 driver. Must say they feel awesome - I was hitting the D3 with the new "Whiteboard" shaft. The new shaft they are using is top notch, might be the driver that kicks my FT-9 Tour out of the bag. They are to hit stores the 9th of November.

Gonna go back when Titleist is back and doing fittings to pair it up against my current driver set up.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I was thinking of getting one as well. Perhaps even a 3-wood....I asked Shawn if Titleist were coming to our club, but he said probably not since they don't really carry any of their product. He said maybe at Kanata and probably at The Marshes.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I've got the 910 Driver 3 wood and 5 wood with the made for Titleist whiteboard and the new 913s with the new shafts definitely feel nicer than my current clubs.
    Hard to justify an upgrade after only a couple years but the 913s are definitely sweet . .
    Even I've never heard of me

Titleist 913 Driver Review

So I went into GT tonight around supper time to look around and saw the 913's were out. The only ones on the floor are the drivers. I asked about the fairways and hybrids, but the guy said they would not be released until February, which I found odd considering I have read reviews on them already from people who tried them at retail stores...Anyway....

Took a 913 D3 8.5* w/Diamana D+ White 72. The club was set to A1 which for those of you who don't know, is Standard Loft and Lie for Right Handed players on the 913. IMPORTANT!!! This is DRAW for the D13 and FADE for the D10.

I asked the GT rep, who btw was the department head, and he told me it was the same as the D10, which is FALSE. I was wondering why every shot was a bit of a draw for me, and now I know why.

My numbers were the following on average over about 15 drives.

Yardage - 290-305 yards after roll
    Launch Angle Average - 11.8*
    Clubhead Speed - 106mph
    Ball Speed - I FORGET!!
    RPM - 3100 RPM

I also tried the 910 D3 9.5* w/Ahina 72 For Titleist. I had similar numbers but higher rpm and less yardage.

To be brutally honest with you...from a feel or performance side of things, I did not find a noticeable difference between the two clubs. My friend tried the 910 and 913 as well but with the same loft and specs and echoed my opinion.

This wasn't much a surprise to me as I have read multiple reviews that as far as the driver goes, there isn't a big difference except with the D2 and off centre hits. It is said to be more forgiving.

What I did notice was that even with an 8.5* loft, I was still hitting the ball very high even with a shaft that is supposed to be low launching. I'm not really sure why this is....The same goes for the rpm...Why the heck am I over 3000 rpm with a shaft/loft combo like that!!??

Anyway...I will most likely be buying the fwy and hybrid but stick with the 910 as far as the driver goes.

Hopefully this is helpful for those of you interested in the club.

BTW..Sorry quinner to start a new thread...I totally forgot you had this one going...If someone wants to combine them that's good with me....

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    No hair off my back.

Thread Information