CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road

P3Pro and ver 4.4 update

I wanted to start a new thread so that it does not get mixed up with old threads and the issues there were.
    I have had a bit of a chance to look at the new 4.4 ver and see how the ball reacts and what was or was not working.

- LA issues with swing speed seem to be fixed. Actually has an area listed with the LA of each club that is new inside the program files.

- Sound seems to be working well on the Prem Courses as in the past the ball did not make sound going in the hole some times. So far so good.

- Putting on Prem Courses no longer jumps with a 10deg LA. Fixed.

- Ball flight is much higher. I would still adjust mine now lower for me but this area is better.

- In P3Pro the ball has too much bounce on the greens but again I would adjust mine and can be done.

- On one course of the Prem Courses, the green side bunker did not seem to have much of a penalty added for the sand. Seemed less than it should as what I thought would be a 20 yd bunker shot went 40 yds and compared to a SW from the fairway, little change in distance. This again can be adjusted and for me I would. Also if there were some courses that don't label their bunkers the same, it may have read as a fairway bunker. Will do more testing on this area.

Chipping is a very hard area to test proper but it does seem to be doing this:
    - When you chip on to the green with the swing pendulum (my home made tester) the ball will roll out a % after the carry. As you swing harder the carry is more but the % roll out is less compared to the carry. Which seems right as a short chip will roll out a bit more, and a longer chip will check and not roll as much. You could see changes in these areas when I adjusted the file so the spin and the club speed seemed to be related as they should be. How accurate I can't say but they seem to be working.

- The miss hits and club penalty are still low but again can be adjusted and show loss of yardage for miss hits. However stock settings are too low for my likes.

- For slow swing speeds on the driver there seems to be a bit of an issue where the 60 -85 mph swing speed generates 5% -10% more carry than it should but as you get to 100 mph it is very close

- Terrain effect in the P3Pro for down hill or up hill hits are working now. However in the Prem Courses they do not work and I think it is related to the Prem course info not translating that to the P3Pro interface for the courses. Not a huge deal but the odd time you might be on a hill and end up hitting into it because the angle of the hill is not taken into account and if you don't use a more lofted club you won't get the ball up quick enough. Not a major deal but could still be fixed.

- There is a pad setting now in the menu that lets you say if you are using a rubber top or grass top which adjusts the games grass height to the proper height. Issue is when you have two pads hooked up they are still both under the same setting even if they are not the same style of pads. This would become an issue when you are playing with a lefty and righty at the same time and want to use the increased penalty for miss hits. The pads need to be accurate for ball height for your settings to work proper. Even without this new window you would have had the same issue with two pads not being the same but they could make a setting for each pad.

The accuracy of the system seems to be good as far as a system that just reads club data and not ball data. If you add a LA cam to the P3Pro two courses, it helps with the LA and thus more accurate ball flight. On the Prem Courses to get LA you need to spend a lot more money. A Vector Pro will run $500 (older used) to $3000 plus new. Then you need the $200 dongle to add the LA to the Prem Courses. Only LA info is used and there is a delay. Also due to the Vector Pro needing a loud sound of the ball to trigger it, soft shots will not register. I would say you are better off using the Vector Pro on it's own for club fitting or seeing your ball flight and just use the simulated LA that the Prem Courses use. P3pro has said it does not recomend the Vector Pro for the Prem Courses. However I do like using my adjusted penalty for miss hits and seeing the odd bad hit show in the Sim.

Over all the P3Pro has had a bad wrap for a long while but this last update should help although tweaking to the file is needed but at least it can be done. It's hard to beat the club data you get and there are a lot of systems out there that are by far not perfect either.

This is all my findings so far and my opinion, and still have a lot to test.
    Last edited by SFR; 10-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Hitting into side hills could be a problem on links style course lol
    Odd they don't recommend to use the Vector Pro?

Do you like the graphics better than Optishot's?(that's if you tried it)
    Last edited by golfun; 10-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    SFR- could you upload a photo of the configuration file that you can adjust to effect LA and miss-hits?
    Just curious to see what it looks like!

Hitting into side hills could be a problem on links style course lol
    Odd they don't recommend to use the Vector Pro?

Do you like the graphics better than Optishot's?(that's if you tried it)
    Won't post a photo of that on line as they don't want guys messing up the file and then calling them to fix it. PM sent.

The problem with the Vector is that it should be hard wired so that the pad triggers the cameras and then it would get all swings even slow ones. Also unless they added more info that the Vector can read like ball speed and spin, they are not taking advantage of the full use. It may be that to re write a new interface is not worth the few that have the money to spend on this setup. Those might go to other systems with the camera setups. I got my Vector with the micro lenses for under $1000 and again on its own I think it will be fun..... If I ever get time to use it. I know I could sure sell it for more if I wanted to.

As for graphics, the prem courses are nice and don't know what others are looking like these days, and a better graphics card and faster laptop helps with being able to use the best quality settings. Then the projector makes a big difference as well.

Sand Wedge SodaBoy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for that update SFR... Much appreciated and something I've been wondering about for a while.. If at all possible please pm me the adjusted settings you use. Would you recommend upgrading to the new grass top? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaBoy View Post
    Thanks for that update SFR... Much appreciated and something I've been wondering about for a while.. If at all possible please pm me the adjusted settings you use. Would you recommend upgrading to the new grass top? Thank you.
    I still am playing with some of the settings for Prem Courses side of things. Wanting to get proper roll for fairway and a bit more penalty out of a green side bunker so a normal bunker swing goes what I think is normal. Also ball flight is a bit high for some clubs so tweaking that. Once done I will let you know.

As for the new top, I had seen one but not played with one. It looked nice and a much softer feel which would be nicer. Much better than the first grass top. I plan on making my own some time, out of fiberbuilt turf, however it is on a thick base and not sure how well it may work.

I also like the diviot action pad, however I did need to trim more around a few of the openings so the censors did not get blocked. The higher the turf top the more this is an issue. Hitting down on this pad is good but you would not want to over do it.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Loaded version 4.4 today.. There are a lot of very positive changes.. Very interested in getting a copy of your new config file as you complete your modifications. I will send you a PM with my email address.

Does anyone notice if the wind will do anything on the Prem Courses? Try to hit into it and then with it and see if you notice any change? Just stay in the same place but spin your aim around to hit from the same spot. Set the wind at the highest. Then try to set the wind on in the P3pro settings and then close those and go back into the prem and try again.

Thread Information