100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar

Taylormade needs to stop their marketing team

First the white paint, then Rocketballz and that marketing trainwreck..

Now, ROCKETBLADEZ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uOEGkJjSJbk

Nothing is driving me as crazy lately as the Z instead of S for marketing 'to a more youthful client'. I'm 24 and thinks it's ridiculous.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Can't open the link here at work, but are referring to the hockey stick blades ? " Powered by TaylorMade "

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Nope, thats just as cartoonish though

A set of 'distance players irons'

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    MARKETING TRAINWRECK!!???? They dominate driver sales and also dominate the PGA tour, how can you call it a trainwreck, it's brilliant marketing!!!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    He didn't think of it first, Jordan. I experience the same emotions every time I watch Dragon's Den/Shark Tank.
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Hey, I slammed the rocketballz name when it came out but I now own the driver and 2 hybrids. They flat out perform.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I think the fact that distance is perceived to be the "must have" is ridiculous. I've played with guys who hit the ball almost 100 yards less than I do off the tee, yet beat me by 10 strokes...It's a bit of a joke to tell you the truth...Same goes for the lofts of the irons now compared to previously....What a shame!

Pitching Wedge GWallman is on a distinguished road
    Personally, I loved the name rocketballz, I was all over that this year. Ended up buying the driver, and I did hit it better then my R9, so I'm no saying it was a bad investment. Given the fact that I only play once a week, if that, I'm probably not a good judge of improvement or not. I will say this however: I've talked to people that shoot far better then myself, who use the Rocketballz line, and they agree that the 3 wood and irons are insane. I know 2 people that have almost axed their drivers because they hit their 3 wood consistantly 280, more then they hit their driver. As far as this new "Rocketblades", I will probably go for the RBZ irons instead. If you haven't swung one, you really should try it. The feel of the club with that slot in there is just a great overall feeling when you make contact.

Then again, the PGA association is currently trying to Ban belly putters, so who knows whats next if they decide to do that. the only difference from the Rocketblades and Rocketballz is they shifted 11-13g of weight.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    The Rocketballz 3-wood is a bomber for sure. I tried it out and smashed it.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    If they really do launch higher, I will give them a serious look. I am a 4 handicap and play the Taylor Made CB Forged and love them but the new Rocketbladez look nice to me. I don't care what each loft is, I just want a consistent hit, with a higher flight.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Can't open the link here at work, but are referring to the hockey stick blades ? " Powered by TaylorMade "
    Only makes sense to have Taylor Made Technology in CCM sticks. First and foremost, both TM and CCM are owned by Adidas, so why not have one of the most cutting edge golf company work with a Hockey Company in developing a hockey blade with more pop which equals puck speed, same principles as golf.

I don't know why people are hating on TM's methods of both marketing and club building, obviously if it didn't work, people would not buy the products and the marketing pitches would stop. I would be ready to venture that 7 out of 10 golf bags contain at least 1 tm product...
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    i'm not a huge fan on TM as I've broken a few of there drivers and never had any luck with customer service but they do make a real nice players club. i didn't buy the whole rocketballz 3 wood is longer thing. i hit an adams hybrid 18 degree just as far in the golf town simulator. loved my old TM Rac MB's though. the new rocketbladez tour player irons look nice and they kept the lofts pretty standard. i'd like to give them a few swings to see if they really are longer. i
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    In the end its just a name....who cares. If the perform I think it would be pretty easy to look past a name. Are you really not going to play a possibly superior product because of its name????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    A buddy of mine bought the Rocketballz irons this year and loves them and he is hitting the ball much better and scoring better.
    He is around a 20 handicap like me. He is enjoying the game more now than he did before when he was playing 25 year old blades. More power to him and more power to Taylormade, but I will stick with my Wishon and KZG.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    The technology is nothing new as Wishon and Golfsmith and others have had those irons(hollow irons spring face)around for a while.
    I took the test at GT and got an additional whooping 3 yards.
    That being said if you can hit them much further then you could drop a long iron and add another wedge.Excellent marketing indeed but also awesome looking clubs

P.S: I am thinking of getting a spring face putter
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    P.S: I am thinking of getting a spring face putter
    wouldn't that be a "beached" putter

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnol View Post
    i'm not a huge fan on TM as I've broken a few of there drivers and never had any luck with customer service but they do make a real nice players club. i didn't buy the whole rocketballz 3 wood is longer thing. i hit an adams hybrid 18 degree just as far in the golf town simulator. loved my old TM Rac MB's though. the new rocketbladez tour player irons look nice and they kept the lofts pretty standard. i'd like to give them a few swings to see if they really are longer. i
    You kind of prove the point with what you said about Adams, TM and Adams are now the same company and likely draw from the same engineers as far as new technology goes!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I hate the marketing buzz TM has in place - I hate the names and I absolutely hate white heads. But I love the TM clubs - have Burner irons, Burner fairways and, yes, a white Superfast driver sitting in the bag along with two lovely white Superfast hybrids!

Every time I pull them out, I think 'what a stupid friggin' colour to make things that are supposed to sweep through lovely juicy green grass!'. And then I swing them, the ball flies straight and long and I cover those ridiculous heads until the next s-w-e-e-t shot is required...lol

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em. Doesn't mean you gotta luv 'em. The result makes the stupid colours and names go away real quick...

IMHO
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

I am amazed that people can actually HATE the name of clubs... Wow! I don't see why the name of a club would ever have any importance to anybody...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I hate the marketing buzz TM has in place - I hate the names and I absolutely hate white heads. But I love the TM clubs - have Burner irons, Burner fairways and, yes, a white Superfast driver sitting in the bag along with two lovely white Superfast hybrids!

Every time I pull them out, I think 'what a stupid friggin' colour to make things that are supposed to sweep through lovely juicy green grass!'. And then I swing them, the ball flies straight and long and I cover those ridiculous heads until the next s-w-e-e-t shot is required...lol

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em. Doesn't mean you gotta luv 'em. The result makes the stupid colours and names go away real quick...

IMHO
    I wish my rbz's were matte black. Not a big fan of the white as its hard to keep clean. But they work so I am ok with it
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    I am amazed that people can actually HATE the name of clubs... Wow! I don't see why the name of a club would ever have any importance to anybody...
    So, if I understand it right....you'd be proud to own a set of 'Bogey Makers' or 'Double Bogey Babies'??? Fully sarcastic, I assure you...however, I think you will agree....the name of a club does have some importance to people???
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

So, if I understand it right....you'd be proud to own a set of 'Bogey Makers' or 'Double Bogey Babies'??? Fully sarcastic, I assure you...however, I think you will agree....the name of a club does have some importance to people???
    Like I said, I could care less what name is on the club... It would have no impact on my game at all... I love the White club heads, they look clean, bright and look and feel are all that matter to me...

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    'Bogey Makers' or 'Double Bogey Babies'???
    I have a couple of these if anyone wants them let me know .

I am a PING guy now , was TM for years but like others have said I personally don't like the look of the white heads.
    I have hit these white beasts a few times and thought they were fine. Once the club is in gear the white crown did not make a difference at impact . I think it is more a mental thing , break from tradition.

2Low4U
    Anyone who thinks Taylormade's marketing team is bad should seriously take a seat in a marketing class with me at Ottawa U and see what a real failure of a team looks like. Last I checked leading the PGA Tour in drivers and being second in golf ball usage isn't bad marketing, it's a good product. Whether you agree, or disagree like it or not the marketing from Taylormade is second to none in SPORTS not only golf. It is unbelievable the hype they create with one single ad.

Gap Wedge Magician is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Low4U View Post
    Anyone who thinks Taylormade's marketing team is bad should seriously take a seat in a marketing class with me at Ottawa U and see what a real failure of a team looks like. Last I checked leading the PGA Tour in drivers and being second in golf ball usage isn't bad marketing, it's a good product. Whether you agree, or disagree like it or not the marketing from Taylormade is second to none in SPORTS not only golf. It is unbelievable the hype they create with one single ad.
    They definitely get the job done. The hype they create for every new club is insane.

As for myself I am with Hook and imozzie. I absolutely cannot stand the tacky name of RocketBallZ, that stupid Z combined with the white paint and it feels 'gimmicky' and 'cheesy' to me. As a golfer I dislike what they are doing to the branding, as a marketing graduate I do appreciate the insane amounts of money this has generated. Taylormade has one of the best marketing teams out there no doubt, but as a consumer I don't buy into the hype and cheesy gimmicks. I wouldn't not use the clubs because of the name if they performed well though
    I make golf balls disappear.

Thread Information