100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter MoaningM is on a distinguished road

impulsive purchase what can I expect Vector Pro

Hi all,

first post here am based in the uk so we don't require the Simulators quite so much (although really like the idea) as we can play pretty much 365 days a year but I'm still very much a lover of stats and all things stats.

so after a couple of glasses of vino and much reading of these boards, I have tonight made a purchase of a accusport vector pro, so i guess im asking - what can I expect?

I'm in the main a practicer outdoors, sometimes undercover but usually not, here in Wales we do tend to get our fair share of rain so will be restricted to when I can set it up outdoors.

so for setup Is it as easy as it says on the tin? are there any software issues to be aware of? or any problems I might face? infact anything that anyone can express whether good or bad

thanks in advance.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I think dvshx from that thread CPA had the original vector (single camera) not the vector pro (2 camera) launch monitor. A lot of folks preferred the original vector over the pro due to software issues. The new vector software had improved. The vector pro is a good unit but the accuracy compared to a dopler based is questionable. The good thing is that you can buy these units cheap. Moaning little less vino when surfing eBay!

Cheers for the replies guys,

yes vino and Internet access are indeed a dangerous combo and you'd think I would learn! ha not at all!

Ys indeed the one I have purchased is the double lense version and at i bought it at a pretty reasonable price which I should be able to get my money if it doesn't tickle my fancy but comes with the original early software, I've been checking there web site and there are numerous different software downloads available, now this might be a stupid question so please bare with me, which of these downloads would I require? is mine the version with micro lenses? or do I just download the vector launch system v3.01?

http://www.accusport.com/support/downloads

thanks again guys there is a wealth if info here and am slowly working my way through it, almost a little too much to take in, whilst at the same time thinking about where I am going to set up my indoor studio where the misses can't notice it.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    If it was $500 or so I might assume it is the older reg lens. There are two sizes, I think for the two different types of lens. Mine is a micro lens. Also there is a number on the lens if you can see that or are you still waiting for the unit to arrive?

You can upgrade them to a micro lens if they are not but might a $400 or so plus the shipping etc. The difference is that the micro lens auto focus and the older one you manually do.

As for software you will need to use the right software. Mine came with the old disk but was told that it would not work with the old version and needed the new version.

Once you get it you can call Accusport to register it and they can tell you the type of lens by the ser#.

Only issue I am having is trying to get the sofware to run propper on a newer I7 gaming laptop 64 bit. The screen image is chopped off and does not show the whole window. Tried everything and can't figure it out. Run ok on the old XP laptop, just wanted a quicker laptop for the Sim.

I use it with the P3Pro but all they use of the info from the Vector Pro is launch angle. All the other info is not used. Downfall to this setup is that you still need software from P3Pro to buy and a dongle and because the Vector Pro waits for a loud sound to trigger the camers, chipping is not loud enough and even if it was some times you have the camers set for a faster setting so a drive is captured so when you make a slower chip the cameras fast setting takes the two photos of the ball too quick. You can then change to a normal or slow swing mode to catch those shots better.

Overall I would rather use the Vector Pro on its own for seeing what your ball would be doing and then when you want to play sim golf just use the sim on its own and deal with no real launch angle and just use the default assumed launch angle.

Tru Golf uses the Vector Pro with their one setup and has to be hard wired in. This way their pad triggers the cam's in the vector and not the sound so I would assume the game play is better on chips but you may still have the issue of the speed setting not working for all swing speeds. From what I know if the vector does not get a good reading the default pad takes over with an estimated result based on the pads read.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    SFR thanks for the info. Overall how do you find it? Have you taken it to the range to practice and test the ball flight etc? How easy is it to calibrate and setup? I assume the marked ball needs to be seen by the cam at start?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    SFR thanks for the info. Overall how do you find it? Have you taken it to the range to practice and test the ball flight etc? How easy is it to calibrate and setup? I assume the marked ball needs to be seen by the cam at start?
    That was on my to do list for the summer......don't think I'm gona make it. One other issue with using both is that you need to make sure both are lined up the same so that the vector reads the same angle that the pad is reading as in parallel. I guess that would be one reason the P3pro only uses the launch angle. I tried to use the vector last year in the shop with the P3pro and some shots would be very similar in results and then some were off. If I get one more nice weekend I might get to the range with the Vector and confirm what it reads compared to the real flight.

Yes you mark the ball with a line or two dots. The cam's show the ball in two frames with those dots or lines highlighted and then you know it picked the ball up correct.

Callibration is fairly simple with setting the tee and ball up in the spot on the template and let the unit do its thing for a few second and after that you can move the ball a bit around that spot and it will auto pick it up.

Have not tried it with the update from P3pro.

thanks for the replys sfr

am having a few issues with loading the software at the moment on windows 7, am set up as admin yet its saying i dont have admin rights, am trying to contact with accusport but its probably a bit early in the morning for them being 6 or 7 hours behind my time. Does anyone know/come across this issue before?

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    In general, with Windows 7, you need to "right click" on the setup executable and select "run as administrator" to install many programs successfully.

Thread Information