100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Much better videos bru. Thanks a bunch. Are there any ball stats presented after the shots? How well is your unit lined up to target as some shots look a bit off on the horizontal.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    The green grid. Size of ball. Flight. CG3 shows no ball data after shot. You would have to connect via usb and use Bluetooth on gcdroid app phone/tablet. Just the look and feel. Better detail is not always better.

Would have to play it to get good comparison before buying. Maybe email Cory and he will confide privately which one he prefers.

Does it at least give ball distance? And distance remainig?

Yes that is shown on the video on the view of hole. No "data" pop-up window like Foresight RC.

Cool!

3 Iron bruthru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Sounds like the difficulty is tee marker distance.

Few questions;
    can you turn the birds off or at least shoot them?
    the ball is not following on from where the real ball hits the screen like FS Redchain- is their a room/screen setup menu?
    can you change the green grid? The current FS Redchain looks better and has movement indicators.

Overall ZMax I would suggest you get FS Redchain basepack with 1 course. Graphics on CG3 may look better but the overall play and finesse not up to FS RC. Bring on PP.

PS Bruthru- Can I suggest you put bungees on each corner pulling screen straight up and down, then you can put all bungees on side (maybe looser) and you will have no creases.

Thanks for the video

CPA…. You guessed itI am hitting off the right side of the matt because of width space in the garage. There this psychological feeling hitting from the middle and concern that my follow through might hit something by the wall. So yes when I hit aball the GC2 takes it as though I am hitting from the center of the matt.

There is a screen setup but I have not explored it enough to see if it would help.

Not sure about the green grid. I will see if there are any setup changes available.

The screen setup mapping to the short throw projector has been my biggest challenge in the setup. The distance of the projector to the screen impacts the width of the image. When I ordered the screen (mess) I had planned to lay it over the Net Return golf net frame. That was not practical so made up an ad-hoc solution hanging the screen on a tight tension wire (worksnice a shower curtain when you need to get around in the garage) with some bungee cords clip to the wall studs. What I discovered I should have a wider screen maybe 10 foot to the 8.5 foot that I have now. My guess I will be doing something about that in the near future. I will see what Cory has to offer in this area. Also finding bungees that are somewhat adjustable might help. Least to say I still need to do more setup work over the next month.

Lastly for those that are buying a new GC2 and want some range, course and game software then this package is a good starting point to explore. I also like to say Cory was a big help putting this package togeather (excluding the screen).

Cheers. Buy a roll of bungee cord and cut to size. You can tie it to fit. I have ST projector mounted on T track for easy adjustment.

Maybe someone can help me out. What is deflection distance that shows up on the driving range of the CG3?

I now have Creative Golf 3d simulation software working with CG2 on a Dell desktop running Window 8. The install process was clean and the device drivers for CG2 work on Windows 8. I switched off from my work laptop to a desktop PC after reading the Creative Golf website thay you will likely see improved performace and higher graphics using a desktop PC over a laptop. And their advice is true. The software now runs at the highest level where before I was at the medium level. I went from a gamer laptop with i7 chipset, 8gig ram and a nvidia 1gig ram to a desktop with i5 chipset, 8gig ram and nvidia video card with 1gig ram. Its almost impossible to get a new PC without going to window 8 today.

Sand Wedge playsted is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bruthru View Post
    I now have Creative Golf 3d simulation software working with CG2 on a Dell desktop running Window 8. The install process was clean and the device drivers for CG2 work on Windows 8. I switched off from my work laptop to a desktop PC after reading the Creative Golf website thay you will likely see improved performace and higher graphics using a desktop PC over a laptop. And their advice is true. The software now runs at the highest level where before I was at the medium level. I went from a gamer laptop with i7 chipset, 8gig ram and a nvidia 1gig ram to a desktop with i5 chipset, 8gig ram and nvidia video card with 1gig ram. Its almost impossible to get a new PC without going to window 8 today.
    Even the best mobile graphics cards are light years behind their desktop counterparts. Decent desktop cards use a ton of power and put out a ton of heat, both a no no for laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by playsted View Post
    Even the best mobile graphics cards are light years behind their desktop counterparts. Decent desktop cards use a ton of power and put out a ton of heat, both a no no for laptops.
    Paysted you are absolutely right on that one. Now Iunderstand why the simulation software tests the video card when you install itto see what your machine can handle. There is a real difference in the detailgoing up to the highest level of the software. Knowing what I know now I wouldnot run any simulation golf software on a laptop over a desktop with comparablechipsets.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    bruthru, so the graphics look even better now than in those videos you posted recently? Awesome!

Thats greet bru!

OK ...I have had the chance to play the CG3 software. I intent to do a comparison with video and screenshots but it will take some time.

For the moment I will say buy the Foresight base pack if you want data/clubfitting - Unless you are happy to do this with the new iPad app. CG3 is not for clubfitters.

Whilst the graphics may be better the overall feel and playability of redchain wins in my opinion.

Will post soon......

Did you buy the CG3 software CPA?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Did you buy the CG3 software CPA?
    No I have demo mode which is 3 holes of each course and range etc.

Nice. keep us posted!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Not sure I really care for this software. It looks cartoonish to my eyes and I don't care for the look of the trees. I would like to see software with more dynamic lighting. I anxiously await the E6II software as it looks like it will meet my needs. The list of courses is also what I am looking for. I know, I am fussy. But why can't golf software look like PS3 games?

You better start saving now because the E6 II will probably be a $5K+ add-on.

I kinda like the graphics of the CG3, especially the water and trees. There's certainly room for improvement. Which they should be able to do easily. Getting Foresight to have Creative Golf make the changes might be a challenge. They call it an entertainment software so they can charge less for it and keep ball data off the screen. But is it worth $1000? No, more like $500, and throw in 5 more courses.

Can always use the Android for the ball data. It would be interesting to see what Protee would charge for these courses if they do offer it.

Yep. I think the CG3 courses are nice graphics. I do think E62 will be pricey but looks awesome. Needs to add online play. Perfect parallel is unknown when it will launch. Just heard from Red Chain this week and Dean said their upgraded engine is years away!!!!!

What the heck have they been doing? Talk about falling behind...

Like any golf software you really need to see it on your projector screen. The you tube video for the E6II was on a monitor so it is difficult to tell how good it is when projected, aka the first version of E6. I agree, this software will be at least 5 grand to start. It would be nice to be able to buy a smaller package, however. Zmax, you will have to test it first, again!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Zmax, you will have to test it first, again!
    I would be happy to test it. I'll start the Zmax E6 II testing collection fund now. Please send all donations to my Paypal. Thanks...

I have an extra greenback for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I would be happy to test it. I'll start the Zmax E6 II testing collection fund now. Please send all donations to my Paypal. Thanks...
    Sending $20 right now for you!!!!

Cartoonish is a good summary. The trees and water are good. Everything else is behind redchain, except the Mulligan button is accessable at all times!!!

CPA how do you find the ball flight compared to Red Chain given the same spin #? How is the collision reaction, bounce, roll after ball lands compared to Red Chain?

Just can't wait for the review eh Bubba....

For the life of me I cannot get spinback on the CG3. It is like spindata is not used but someone somewhere said it was. Cory I think asked them. Given spindata is not displayed anywhere I am skeptical.

The shot shape is there in CG3 but the way the ball flies in redchain is smooth and realistic. The ability in CG3 to make the ball a flaming trail tickles any sense of the imagination.

Are you calling me impatient!!! LOL! Can you not display the spin data on an IPad or android while playing the CG3? The videos I have seen just look somewhat forgiven. Obviously their algorythms for a given spin data will be different than Red Chain, E6, Simway, Foregolf GPS, etc.

Zmax can I suggest you buy the FS base pack. Recover the extra $ by inviting all golfers you know for a hole in 1 comp. $5 for 3 balls. Box of balls nearest the pin and new TM driver for hole in 1. Will recover in no time and then have the clubfitting info on the big screen.

Thread Information