Wow. I would like to share a recent incident of outstanding customer service with you. In July, I had purchased a Taylormade Superfast 3 wood, 5 wood and three hybrids fromNevada Bob’s located in SportChek at Place D'Orleans. My last 3 sets of driver, woods and hybrids have been TaylorMade.

In the first week of August 2012, I purchased a TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 driver again from Nevada Bob’s. In the 3rd week of September while on the golf course, I noticed there was a crack in the driver shaft about half way up the shaft. I took the club in both hands with the crack at the center and applied light pressure to see in fact if it was a crack. The shaft snapped in half. This was about 6 weeks since I purchased the driver.

After the round, I checked out the TaylorMade warranty on their website and went back to Nevada Bob’s in Orleans with the driver. The determination of whether this damaged shaft fits within the parameters of the warranty was at the sole discretion of TaylorMade. The sales person took the club with the promise to send it in to TaylorMade for assessment and provided me with aloaner demo of the same make and model. After 10 days, Al from Nevada Bob’scalled me and informed me that the club will be covered under warranty and to come in to pick up a replacement. I went into Nevada Bob’s with the demo loaner, and found out after Al contacted TaylorMade that they had shipped a TaylorMade R11 S since the Superfast 2.0 was no longer in stock at TaylorMade. Al provided me with the choice of a TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 or a Taylormade R11 S from their stock. I took the R11 S

I have heard from several golfers how some companies (not to be named) would not replace a broken shaft or club or honour their warranty. Not a very smart business strategy in the long term to maintain or grow their customer base and increase their revenue stream. These same golfers have said that they would never purchase clubs from those companies again.

I very much appreciate the outstanding service provided by Nevada Bob’s and TaylorMade. TaylorMade realizes that golfers replace clubs often and that after point of sale service and honoring warranties only promotes the continuation of customer loyalty and repeat business. Good will helps promote brand loyalty.

Thank you Nevada Bob’s and Taylormade for such great service. Anybody else have experiences of great customer service from golf retailers or golf brand name companies they would like to share with this forum.

Clubfoot aka KidsClub