CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge ClubFoot is on a distinguished road

Nevada Bob's and TaylorMade Customer Service

Wow. I would like to share a recent incident of outstanding customer service with you. In July, I had purchased a Taylormade Superfast 3 wood, 5 wood and three hybrids fromNevada Bob’s located in SportChek at Place D'Orleans. My last 3 sets of driver, woods and hybrids have been TaylorMade.

In the first week of August 2012, I purchased a TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 driver again from Nevada Bob’s. In the 3rd week of September while on the golf course, I noticed there was a crack in the driver shaft about half way up the shaft. I took the club in both hands with the crack at the center and applied light pressure to see in fact if it was a crack. The shaft snapped in half. This was about 6 weeks since I purchased the driver.

After the round, I checked out the TaylorMade warranty on their website and went back to Nevada Bob’s in Orleans with the driver. The determination of whether this damaged shaft fits within the parameters of the warranty was at the sole discretion of TaylorMade. The sales person took the club with the promise to send it in to TaylorMade for assessment and provided me with aloaner demo of the same make and model. After 10 days, Al from Nevada Bob’scalled me and informed me that the club will be covered under warranty and to come in to pick up a replacement. I went into Nevada Bob’s with the demo loaner, and found out after Al contacted TaylorMade that they had shipped a TaylorMade R11 S since the Superfast 2.0 was no longer in stock at TaylorMade. Al provided me with the choice of a TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 or a Taylormade R11 S from their stock. I took the R11 S

I have heard from several golfers how some companies (not to be named) would not replace a broken shaft or club or honour their warranty. Not a very smart business strategy in the long term to maintain or grow their customer base and increase their revenue stream. These same golfers have said that they would never purchase clubs from those companies again.

I very much appreciate the outstanding service provided by Nevada Bob’s and TaylorMade. TaylorMade realizes that golfers replace clubs often and that after point of sale service and honoring warranties only promotes the continuation of customer loyalty and repeat business. Good will helps promote brand loyalty.

Thank you Nevada Bob’s and Taylormade for such great service. Anybody else have experiences of great customer service from golf retailers or golf brand name companies they would like to share with this forum.

Clubfoot aka KidsClub

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Callaway always replaces my drivers when they break down:
    FT-9 breaks, they replaced it with a Diablo
    FT-Tour bresks, they replaced it with a Razr Hawk

They don't replace when I break my clubs between golf shots
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    The price of replacing it is blended in to the retail cost of the original club purshased.. Don't be fooled by the illusion.

Also, it just goes to show you how inexpensive it is to manufacture a mass produced, of the rack golf club.

You would think that it would be more economical for the company to replace a $4 shaft.
    Last edited by downhillslider; 10-02-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Since Forzani (NevadaBobs) is a very powerful company, I can assure you they do not want to get into the practice of shipping clubs/shafts etc back and forth to suppliers.
    They have very specific contracts and likely take a % of sales as a credit for defective product returns so it would be very easy for them to simply give a new driver. Taylor made sells stuff to Forzani at such a discounted price already, so they don't want to be shipping back and forth.
    And in terms of the replacement cost being blended into the purcahse price, I am not sure where you got that idea...
    I would agree that the cost of producing clubs is small, but the cost of marketing and advertising is MASSIVE!!!

6 Iron EagleEagle is on a distinguished road
    The guys a navada bobs are great and friendly.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    I have bought a number of clubs from Nevada Bobs at Merivale Mall. They have always been great to deal with and have matched or bettered Golf Towns prices when asked. I really hope that Canadian Tire does not phase out the Nevada Bobs sections at their Sport Chek locations as was rumored.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Just brought mine into GT. Cracked the head while playing at Golfomax. Crossing my fingers!! Just wondering if I should buy a backup in the meantime.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Just brought mine into GT. Cracked the head while playing at Golfomax. Crossing my fingers!! Just wondering if I should buy a backup in the meantime.
    I will give you a loaner !

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Good for you Clubfoot. Nice to see great service!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

9 Iron the babybull is on a distinguished road
    Just a quick note on Warranty issues, both Callaway and Taylor Made require your bill of sale, any clubs purchased over 2 years from the bill of sale date will not be covered.
    Keep your bills on file.

Quote Originally Posted by the babybull View Post
    Just a quick note on Warranty issues, both Callaway and Taylor Made require your bill of sale, any clubs purchased over 2 years from the bill of sale date will not be covered.
    Keep your bills on file.
    I've never sent my clubs to Callaway with a bill of sale and I've gotten a replacement driver from them every time.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I've never sent my clubs to Callaway with a bill of sale and I've gotten a replacement driver from them every time.
    Same here with TM. They have all the info they need with the serial number. Doesn't matter to them where it was purchased and for how much... it's their product and they know it!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Head replaced with new one...took only one week!!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Putter p3proswing is on a distinguished road p3proswing's Avatar
    Nevada Bob's Golf has always been great, and TaylorMade is just an all around solid brand you can trust. Great review!

The plate on the bottom of my driver fell off last fall, my pro shop called Callaway and Im getting a new Callaway HotX!

Thread Information