+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    I was comparing both cause they have similar short games but their long games are completely different, 53Yards difference on average off the tee. That is quite an amazing difference. There is also an amazing difference in world rankings. Length is what is missing in Corey’s game form him to be in the top 15 in the world if not top 5.
    Length is whats missing from Corey's game now, but that wasn't always the case. The length of the courses now favours the long bombers, and that's too bad. Golf used to accomodate everyone, and now IF EVERYONE HAS A GREAT SHORT GAME, its a driving contest. Looking at Tiger's game, it was the par 5's that really lowered his score most rounds. They should make the holes giant too, and then Jason Zuback can be #1.

Lob Wedge DMurkman is on a distinguished road DMurkman's Avatar

Sweetest Swing ...

Dan - thanks for redirecting. I am going to stick with Tom Purtzer for sweetest swing, but I wanted to bring up a name that hasn't been mentioned here. For someone that took up golf in his twenties, Larry Nelson is smooth, consistent, and pretty long for a little guy. His swing might not be technically flawless, but his is up there in the "sweetness" category IMHO.
    "The more I know, the less I understand ...all the things I thought I'd figured out, I have to learn again ..."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Don Henley

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Ya know BC Mist, not everyone will agree with you that Moe's swing is the best. After reading some of your forum member's responses, that is quite apparent, and certainly fine with me. Any golf swing, regardless of technique, that propels the ball consistenly straight is a sweet swing, whether it is smooth or not. It should be noted though that a huge number of PGA Tour players who had witnessed Moe's shot making, indicated that he was the best that they had ever seen.

Lots of people would prefer a smooth yet imperfect swing. Moe Norman's swing looks ridiculous to me, but I will not critisize it because it worked for him. I will not critisize you for liking it, even though it makes me laugh to watch it. When one looks at Moe's swing and is able to understand its unique differences from a good conventional swing, that made him a superior ball striker, Moe's genius becomes very obvious. Until that happens it is just a lot easier to laugh at his swing and if you have read "The Feeling of Greatness," you will see that you are not the only one who has done so.

Ya know, this was supposed to be about "the seetest swing" and has turned into a SA argument. If the poster who originally hijacked the thread had been properly "moderated" by you, then the heated discussion that followed would not have continued. I do agree that it should have been moved to a separate thread where we MAY have had the opportunity to continue. I realize that my followup comments about some of the false statements that were made became predictable and boring, however, in my perfect world, posters should be permitted to agree and/or disagree with what is said. But if you don't understand that what was said was false, then I can understand why you would want to end the discussion.

I would love to read a post without a following post by BCMist explaining why EVERY player mentiond sucks because they are not Moe Norman. This is another example of a false statement, as I neither said the above nor do I agree with it, but if it not proper etiquette to disagree with what someone says, then, I will bite my tongue.

While I may be a little thorn in your side, there are very few statements that I make in rebuttle that I cannot back up, and yes, I am very opinionated. I just wished that when sensfan and cheese were challenged to provide some evidence that what they were saying was true, that they would have. Like many others here I enjoy considering someone else's point of view, and frankly, because of what some others have said, my views have actually changed. However, don't you think that if someone is going to say that "SA is 40 yards shorter," that it should be based on some evidence that, if we know what it is, we could consider? What a terrible thing it would be if we were not allowed to disagree! Time for a rest.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Geez people. All I did was ask a simple question.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    These are interesting comments. In the first quote you say I should have jumped in earlier to moderate, and in the second you seem to feel that moderation discourages people from expressing themselves. Kinda contradictory.
    If the poster who originally hijacked the thread had been properly "moderated" by you,
    I don't jump on the first or even second off topic comment. I do step in when a thread has trouble getting back on track.
    but if it not proper etiquette to disagree with what someone says
    I have no problem with people disagreeing respectfully and that was not even an issue here, so this comment is just silly.

Feel free to start a SA debate in a new thread.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Geez people. All I did was ask a simple question.
    Shame on you!

Thread Information