CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Driver Brent4Hire is on a distinguished road

Lefty Cameron woes....

I keep talking myself out of spending that kind of money on a putter, but I have to admit, every time I go to Golftown, I inevitably end up trying and wanting a Scotty - the feel, sound, balance - everything about it is superior to anything else in the store. One exception - the look...specifically, the look of the hosel. I HATE the plumber/goose-neck putter hosel with a passion. Even my beloved Anser had the simpler, cleaner looking C style hosel. My putting dream com true - a Newport 1.5 in LH...that would be a putter as sweet to look at as to roll. My question - why do they leave us Lefties out in the cold on this one???

As of right now, my options are a Del Mar or a Ping Anser 6 - the Del Mar slightly edging in feel and grip, the Ping winning in look, swing feel, and performance in general. If the Newport 1.5 came in LH, it would probably nudge out the Anser with little difficulty.
    If you're gonna walk on thin ice, ya might as well dance.

Gap Wedge Magician is on a distinguished road
    This is a situation where performance should vastly out-weigh look and style. The putter is the most important club in the bag, I am a lefty and recently picked up a Del Mar. Zero buyer's remorse, which goes well. I had considered other putters as well and was on the fence, but in the end I decided on the Scotty, the feel is superior to anything else I've putt.

Of course, it's hard to purchase something so expensive, but if it can noticeably improve the golf game then I recommend going for it. But hey you said that you preffered the Ping's performance in general, if you're not going to be totally in love with the putter, don't spend $350+ on it I guess And besides, a Scotty is practically good for life once you have one.

Not really going anywhere with this or answering anything, but you never really asked anything hehe And yes I've felt the lefty woes as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Not really going anywhere with this or answering anything, but you never really asked anything hehe And yes I've felt the lefty woes as well....
    LOL - which is exactly what I thought when I read it after hitting submit. More of a rant than anything, I guess. I can actually come out cheaper on the Scotty - a friend of mine goes to the convention every year, and can get me a spankin' new Del Mar for 2 bills. I do like it, but might split the difference between it and the Newport, and go for a Studio...a more eye-friendly look. Never tried on though.

Gap Wedge Magician is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent4Hire View Post
    LOL - which is exactly what I thought when I read it after hitting submit. More of a rant than anything, I guess. I can actually come out cheaper on the Scotty - a friend of mine goes to the convention every year, and can get me a spankin' new Del Mar for 2 bills. I do like it, but might split the difference between it and the Newport, and go for a Studio...a more eye-friendly look. Never tried on though.
    A Scotty for 2 bills? Sweet deal. Whatever you choose, just make sure it works for you and your putting stroke. I can definitely see where you're coming from with a club being suitable to the eye, I am the same way when looking a clubs, let style and looks become a factor in deciding, but not the only factor, don't sacrifice performance for style.

Whatever you choose, good luck! They are all nice putter regardless, so whatever you come out with I'm sure will be money.
    Last edited by Magician; 09-27-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Well, I spent some time at GT tonight, and was very pleased with the Del Mar. Not quite the feel as the blade of the Newport, but I can't roll the ball straight with that hosel for the life of me - lol. They didn't have an Anser 6, but they had the 4, which is close, and I would have taken Del Mar over it this evening. a couple more trials and I may convince myself...or more importantly...my wife - lol.

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    I know it may be sacrilege to say this here, but I am also a lazy lefty and looked at Scotty's when I wanted a new putter. I like very much the same style of putter you do.

I ended up buying a Bettinardi BB1. It isn't the newest model, and I have no idea what year it might be, but I like it better than any of the Scotty's that I putted (left or right handed).

Shagging Balls MattKanata is on a distinguished road MattKanata's Avatar
    Just traded my Scotty Squareback No 1 for a Newport No 2. Tried it last night, will have to get use to it as this is my 1st goose neck putter, but I do love the role and the feel of it. Eventhough it looks ackward looking downward looking at the ball, I do like the fact that I'm hitting the ball square and not upward like I would do with C Necks.
    I am in agreement with Brent4Hire with the lack of choice that Scotty Cameron has for Lefties. There are more and more lefties on the course and on Tour, so I don't understand why they don't make the same Scotty LH and RH. However, they are not alone, was looking at a Ping Driver and the degree that I wanted is not available in LH.
    Have anyone ever ordered a Custom Grip from the Scotty Custom's Shop? Would like to order one, but I don't know if you can do you have to send your Scotty there. Let me know.

Albatross agolfnut is on a distinguished road
    You can order grips from the Scotty Cameron Studio Store but not the Custom Shop grips. There is a mid-size grip in teh Studio Store that approachs some of the models in the Custom Shop but not the same. Your options are to send your putter into the Custom Shop, a bit pricey and you lose the putter for some time OR to watch ebay and pay a premium for the CS grip only. Good Luck.

Thread Information