CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Good for you that you finally got outdoor on the course.
    Nice that your draw's are working outside too.
    A tall order to knock off 5 shots if you feel the short game is good?
    My wedge game sucks most days not the Protee's fault just me that are inconsistent.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    My short game sucked yesterday, as well. That's probably not really unexpected since I don't have real bunkers and steep and uneven lies in my simulator room - lol Despite needing to head out to the practice area at my local course after work today with my wedges, I was very pleased with my full swing, particularly with my irons. Much better ball striking and distances than I had at the END of last season, and this one's barely begun. The part of my game I was able to work on with my GC2 is the part I'm comfortable with, and it shows. The part of the game I'm not really able to reproduce indoors, is where I lack confidence and it shows. That's not surprising.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Good for you wbealsd. This season so far for me has been a story of blow-up holes. I've been hitting it well for the most part but have been getting 1-3 blow-up holes in each of the last 6-7 rounds. Yesterday for example, birdied the first hole(par 3) and was even par thru 5. Then came a par 5 and took an 8. On the back 9, I was even par after 4 holes. Another par 5 came along chewed me up. Lost 2 balls and took a 10 on that one. Ended up shooting an 86. Ouch....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yep, thats the diffderence Zmax. Practice that short game and try to limit the blow up holes. Sometimes a bogey is not a bad score but limit the triple and quads.

You're right bubba22. Going to the range again today to practice my long irons and the short game. Need to stop compounding my mistakes.

LOL, yep by and large when I strike the ball well and stay out of trouble I did fine, but anything that required a bunker or a well place chip could be "explosive"

Short game, short game, short game!!!!!

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Yes have to press the practice button and go put the ball short.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Or learn to take a drop like Tiger LOL
    I typical score mid 80'ish The very few times I have been at 80 and under I have not felt I played any better sometimes just got lucky. The only real difference has been not compounding mistakes like turning a +1 into a +3.

One thing that has helped on that is to select the club that if hit flush will make it to the back of the green that way if the direction is good even a less than perfect hit will still be on the green.
    That means on most of my approach shots I go up one sometimes two club(s) longer than I 'think/feel' I need.
    Guess my average club length is shorter than I think as I hardly every shoot over the green.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-l...reality-check/

Happy, happy, happy!

Took the afternoon off to play some former coworkers that are retired now. Was able to get in about a half hour of chipping practice before our 9 hole afternoon. NO 2 putts, 5 GIR, Nothing OB, stayed within my game and just focused on staying in play, (when I missed, I "missed good") the result for my first 18 holes of the season = 86, which is BELOW my 17.3 HD!!

OH YES, the GC2 has made a big difference in Spring Play!! I'm playing golf in May, not searching for the game I had last Fall

Alright stop rubbing it in. It has turned wet here and autumn( yes we do not call it fall) has turned wet and winter. At least we can play golf all winter. Have ordered a waterproof hat from amazon and loaded with New ogio umbrella. New Nike storm fits next me thinks.

It is a hitting mat issue bit is there a lag getting used to grass again? Question not for truestrike owners as it is the real deal.

CPA, my answer is a definite yes, there is a lag getting used to hitting on real turf no matter how high the quality of the mat. Particularly when playing uneven lies, varying levels of rough, wet conditions, etc.

That said, a high quality hitting mat makes the transition much easier, since I am striking the ball MUCH better, with more consistency. I've had very few "fat" shots and those were under very damp conditions. It's only been the past two weeks I've been able to practice outside on the range, and on the course, and I'm already playing as well, or better than I did when our season was over. This Spring has been so harsh, we're a full month to 6 weeks behind in our season opening.

Without my indoor setup, I'm positive I could not possibly be playing at the level I am now.

There is no question that any indoor setup if used well for winter practice will keep ones swing sharp. Even a mat and net will do. With a sim or launch monitor one tends to practice and play more compared to just a net. Seeing a ball flight also allow for more practice and better confidence in the practice.

I went back to the scene of the crime. Played smart and steady golf. I was 4 over thru 11 and ended up with an 81. No 8's or 10's this time. Could have broken 80 if the short game had been a little better. Crushed one drive that went 290 total(crossed wind). I did that once or twice on the Protee during the Winter.

Awesome ZMax. Yep I've seen you hit some good ones on ProTee playing online. That's good golf and probably only a putt or 2 away from breaking 80.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Yep, sounds like you are working your way into the outdoor season quickly, you will be in the 70's shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    Yep, sounds like you are working your way into the outdoor season quickly, you will be in the 70's shortly.
    Practicing and playing online on the Protee over the Winter improved my swing speed because I'm driving the ball 20-30 yards further than last season using the same RBZ driver. Which is awesome but my 60-40 yard shots need work. Along with chipping and more accurate sand play. As bubba22 said, short game, short game, and more short game.

And, as you said above ZMax, smart and steady golf

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Practicing and playing online on the Protee over the Winter improved my swing speed because I'm driving the ball 20-30 yards further than last season using the same RBZ driver. Which is awesome but my 60-40 yard shots need work. Along with chipping and more accurate sand play. As bubba22 said, short game, short game, and more short game.
    Z you need http://golfshot.com/

plan the next shots with the http://golfshot.com/Home/Positioning

and avoid 40-60 yards......all the pros do!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I went back to the scene of the crime. Played smart and steady golf. I was 4 over thru 11 and ended up with an 81. No 8's or 10's this time. Could have broken 80 if the short game had been a little better. Crushed one drive that went 290 total(crossed wind). I did that once or twice on the Protee during the Winter.
    Good for you Zmax. I remember back in the fall you were hitting your drives like me at around 220-240 yards. So you have made tremendous strides with your driver. I have also found that I am currently getting average drives now of about 250 yards and also had one around 290 yards on Thursday night (slight tail wind). The ProTee has really helped develop my game. Now I just need a good golf psychologist to fix my head game!

Not even a question for me that I am longer this year. Partly because I am hitting it straighter. So I agree with the more distance with winter sim play.

psace and bubba22, I'm still amazed at my driver distance gains. I'm a short little guy and was just hoping to stay loose over the Winter. Never did I expected to be able to hit a driver this far. I've always said to my friends that I would gladly give up my left nut to be able to hit a ball 280 yards. The Protee's club data was a big help in grooving my swing. My shoulders are turning much more than they ever have.

psace, you're going to really enjoy this coming Fall/Winter's online tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Z you need http://golfshot.com/

plan the next shots with the http://golfshot.com/Home/Positioning

and avoid 40-60 yards......all the pros do!
    Actually, my Sonocaddie app can do this too but I don't use it as it drains to much power. But I know what you mean, smarter to just lay-up to your full wedge yardage. That would be 80-85 SW/LW for me.

Z it sounds like the Protee has given your swing plane a bit more leverage with those distance gains Same groove back and forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Z it sounds like the Protee has given your swing plane a bit more leverage with those distance gains Same groove back and forward.
    The Protee's club data can be great feedback but as you know, that alone is not enough. My big secret is that I watch the LPGA a lot. Those ladies really know how to use leverage. And it doesn't hurt that some of them are really good looking...

The Protee's club data can be great feedback but as you know, that alone is not enough. My big secret is that I watch the LPGA a lot. Those ladies really know how to use leverage. And it doesn't hurt that some of them are really good looking...
    Totally agree!!!

Got a chance to play a 3 some with a couple of the better players in my Monday group and got a nice complement from them, "if there was an award for most improved, you'd be it." I've NEVER out-driven them before, but on 3 out of 9 holes I did! Stayed up with them and won most of the holes last night. Now, I really need to work on my putting...

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    After a half dozen rounds outside I really have to say that the ProTee has met my expectations. The only difference I am experiencing is in my driving distance. On the ProTee I was averaging about 230 yards and on the course I am now averaging 250 yards. I am assuming that I may be getting more roll on the fairways? Some drives are even going 270 yards or more which I never saw on the ProTee. Chipping and putting are very close to what I saw while playing on the ProTee. Irons are also about the same as far as distance is concerned. My playing partner is also seeing the same results as he had on the Protee, so all in all I would say the Protee is now very realistic.

Psace you are seeing exactly what Z n I are saying, more distance on real course.

Good job psace.

I got another awesome drive a couple of days ago that went 291(tail wind). It left me with a 60 yard LW. I'm seeing more of these drives now(280-290) and its getting kinda scary. I have to tee off with a hybrid or 3W on some of these short par 4s now.

Thread Information