CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I have played a lot of golf both on the Protee and outdoor the last few months.
    Since the interface upgrade to 2.95 the driver and woods have become more reliable and therefor for me useful for practicing.
    My driver swing has improved a lot and I for the first time in 2 years are playing from the Fw's

One issue I got with both ProTee and before that the DD is because of the prefect lie every time my back swing gets longer and longer if I only use the simulator. Not hard to hit the ball on the simulator but the results on the course is not always that great.
    Have worked hard to keep the back swing short and use a longer iron.
    That has worked great for me and works both on the course and on the Protee.

Had a little of the same issues as Bubba22 with the wedges but have not practiced the wedges much and changed too much on the settings trying to get it perfect. Last year I practiced the wedges a lot on the ProTee and was pretty sharp on the course too.

Putting. while I do not like to putt on the simulator I could see that Psace could putt very well on the ProTee. Got me to practice that some more and think that has had a good effect on my putting stroke.
    I keep the club face strait and the stroke is better too. That has made me a better putter on the course.

Had several rounds in the low 80'ish with a 80 Friday as the best. Which is a clear improvement over the last couple of years.

So the Protee has differently help me and had I been more aware of my back swing issues it would have helped even more.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    I have had the P3ProSwing for almost a year now. I did not really start using it for improvement (swing changes) until the 2012 golf season ended here in Michigan. I use the video capture feature to check my positions throughout the swing using two simultaneous feeds from webcams (face on and down the line). Combining the video with the shot results is helpful when working on a change. I started a series of winter lessons in January and the ability to work on the changes my coach is prescribing every day is very helpful.. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks and being able to hit balls for 45 minutes every day before heading to work really helps.
    I have also started playing online golf with my P3 on WorldDunes. I participate in daily games, schedule rounds with other members, and play in weekly 36 and 72 hole tournaments. This little a bit of competition is a GREAT way to test your game and any changes you're trying to get ingrained.. It's easy on a sim to get into "range mode" banging balls and feeling pretty good about your game.. Playing a match with somebody gives you a much better idea of how your swing will hold up under pressure.
    I finished last season with an index of 12.2. I got to play a couple of rounds in Florida in early March and shot 84 and 88 on some pretty tough tracks. My driving and iron play (ball striking) was fantastic for my first time out of the year. Like Bubba, my chipping and pitching cost me a few strokes.
    If nothing else, using a simulator allows me to hit a lot more balls, keeps me loose while providing direct feedback on my swing path, speed, angle of attack, etc. We will see if this combined with a few lessons will get me to single digits this year.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the feedback Roach. I completely agree about online play helping your real game. I'm at my best when I'm competing for something in real golf or on the sim. Online play is the future IMO.

Bogie pingB is on a distinguished road
    I agree with the online play. Ever since I've started playing rounds with real people my real life game has gotten more consistent. VS just smashing balls or even when I play by myself taking infinite mulligans to perfect shots. It forces you to think like you would on the real course which is half the battle with golf. I am looking forward to lowering my handicap in this way.

bcgc0918
    Online play is the future of sim golf. True the info gathered from swing path, club face is helpful. But the true enjoyment of a sim is playing a round. And there is nothing better than online golf. Its mind boggling to think I can play with a guy from Chicago, and one from Canada, and one from Brazil, and arrange a game and 15 minutes later be playing a round at Augusta. How could that not boost the worth of owning a sim. Now with the competitive side of a round added, you feel the pressure, the decision making process kicks in and if there was wind in your face the only thing missing is the smell of freshly cut greens.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    In that 15 mins cut some grass and put it in the corner. Those with snow we will have to invent grass essence.

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    In that 15 mins cut some grass and put it in the corner. Those with snow we will have to invent grass essence.
    http://www.amazon.com/Captivating-Ca.../dp/B002KAH05Q

Will have sold out soon to all you 2 ft under in snow!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Not making me feel any better or warmer guys!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    41 degrees & windy today... Spring just isn't springing here yet...

75 here.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Just got home from a boys competitive golf trip. I went 5 and 0 with scores 75, 79, 81 and 83. We did 1 round alternate shot. My scores would have even been lower if I made some putts. Online play and ProTee practice has been very helpful to keep things in shape. Very happy with my swing just need better putting.

Good to hear your having good results, Bubba. I hope I find the same this golf season.

bcgc0918
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Just got home from a boys competitive golf trip. I went 5 and 0 with scores 75, 79, 81 and 83. We did 1 round alternate shot. My scores would have even been lower if I made some putts. Online play and ProTee practice has been very helpful to keep things in shape. Very happy with my swing just need better putting.
    Thanks for inviting us snowbound wannabe golfers.... those are some nice rounds. We just got another ft of snow. So I am going to have to wait to see how things go in the real elements. I was hoping to return and play outside this weekend but looks like next weekend at the earliest.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Played my round in Vegas. It was a scramble.

I was immediatly impressed at the range before the round. Ball was going straighter than on the Protee! I always thought the Protee curves the ball a bit too much despite having the sidespin cranked down. I think it may be how it calculates based on swing path vs. face angle (the difference) as sometimes the face angle reading doesn't seem correct.

So how did the actual round go?

Hit the first 6 fairways with my driver aiming pretty much exactly where I wanted it to go. (Was a hero for my scramble team!) Approaces to greens were all long at first as the adjustment for desert heat and elevation to the ball took a bit. Irons were straight with slight draw.....putting and short game felt like I was playing on the protee!

Then? The open tab beverage cart kicked in and I snapped hooked my way around the rest of the course. Lesson? Booze and golf don't mix. haha

Conclusion? Protee has most definitely helped my game over the winter.

Conclusion? Protee has most definitely helped my game over the winter.
    So you just need a small refrigerator/ bar next to the simulator next winter to get you 100% prepared for the spring

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    lol, that't it!

Word has it Adam Scott puts his Masters win down to iswing.......go Adam.

Congratulation CPA. Big win for Australians!

Yes very happy for all the Aussies around the world. Adam is a great champion.

I agree! Congrats to all Aussies. Adam Scott is a great representative for you and a perfect Masters champion!

What a terrific finish to this years Masters, congrats Aussies!,

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    I can play all year round here, but nightly practice with the protee combined with video feedback (i have a modelgolf setup with face on and down the line cams) have really helped me to eliminate my hooking problem. Mostly the hook is caused by a closed clubface at this point, my path is pretty square or slightly inside out according to protee. Online play has helped as well with the competition. Last two real golf scores 73 and an 86.

Wow! Awesome 73! I'm looking to finally get some good rounds in this weekend. Been using both the Protee and GC2.

I am with you jh. I have eliminate any hooks. Getting club feedback from ProTee is most valuable!

Quote Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
    Funny you posted this today! Just got a Golf Digest with an article called "Law of the Draw". They suggest a 4 degree in to out path and 2 degree open clubface relative to target line to hit a draw. They say this info was learned from a Trackman! Hmmm
    I am going back a bit on this thread, but interested in the answer. If 4* inside out path with 2* open face is a nice draw; is 4* outside in pathe with 2* open face a nice fade? Sounds like a slice to me , ball flight experts....educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    I am going back a bit on this thread, but interested in the answer. If 4* inside out path with 2* open face is a nice draw; is 4* outside in pathe with 2* open face a nice fade? Sounds like a slice to me , ball flight experts....educate me.
    I'm no expert but yes, 4* out-in path plus 2* open face(relative to target) would result in a slice. A 2* closed face with a 4* out-in path would be a nice fade.

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    You didn't compare apples to apples. In both examples, the face is 2 deg open. Is that what you meant to do? I think I see where you're going with this, but shouldn't the second example have the face 2 deg closed?

Aha! That makes more sense! Club face being closed 2* with the outside in is the fade. Thanks guys. Not that i am trying to grove a 4 degree outside in path, just curious

Thread Information