100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swing feedback

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road

Swing feedback

I s'pose I should post up more poorly executed shots, but here is a recent drive at Arnprior. Notice anything worth mentioning? I seem to be struggling again with the bigstick.

Rip me apart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EipeICoAO24

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Nothing to rip apart, nice compact swing
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    A little off balance at the end???
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    What's your "struggle"?

My miss is a big left hook. I frequently lose balance at the end too....

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    Notice at the top of your back swing where the face is pointed, skyward, (stop video at 4sec) almost always going to promote that right to left ball movement rarely will it be a push right. Get the toe of the club to point towards the ground and that will help alleviate your miss left. Could possibly be associated to your grip, both hands appear to be slightly strong gripped (twisted away from the target). Here's a youtube video illustrating my point of the where the club head is positioned at the top of the swing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmlV...eature=related

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Husband View Post
    I s'pose I should post up more poorly executed shots, but here is a recent drive at Arnprior. Notice anything worth mentioning? I seem to be struggling again with the bigstick.
    My observations:
    (1) At address your right arm appears too straight, high and tense. Rather, it ought to be slightly flexed and tucked under so that your shoulder alignment is more down the target line instead of to the left of it.
    (2) Judging by the position of your right hand when you are about hip high in the back swing, it does not appear that your grip is overly strong, even though the club face at the top faces a little more horizontal than vertical.
    (3) Just as you start down, your club shaft flattens a little, which is ideal.
    (4) At address, imagine a line drawn from the ball through your right shoulder (turned shoulder plane) and another from the ball up the club shaft (shaft plane) When your hands are just below your right shoulder in the down swing, IMO, they are a little too far out, in that they coincide with the shoulder plane. Ideally, they should be between the two lines or even alone the shaft plane line. This outward movement, (not over the top) is going to encourage and earlier rotation of the shoulders/arms/hands through impact, and consequently, a hook.
    (5) As the club head emerges behind you, the plane of the shaft is too flat, as it should be more vertical. The club head is "out of bounds," that is, too far behind you.
    Suggestion: Rather than start back to the ball with the hands at the transition, I would suggest you push your hands back towards the camera, if the camera was setup aligned with your toe line at address. This will get you on a better downswing plane. Lastly, keep the left wrist FLAT and the right wrist BENT for as long as you can coming through. Your hook will then disappear. Overall, a very good, powerful looking swing. My $1.02.

Wow, Thank you guys. Great feedback, thank you very much for taking the time to respond!!!

Pitching Wedge kemcheca is on a distinguished road
    Looks good, only advise is your weight seems to be on the heels instead of Metatarsus and the toes. Balance might be due to over-swinging for more distance.

Putter JonMo is on a distinguished road
    You seem to a little bit of "Male-itis" in your swing

That is to say you seem to be right hand dominant.
    It looks to be overpowering your left side a bit through your release.

This can cause the face to close through the left hand early, shutting the face and snapping the ball inside (hook) if it gets carried away.

Try relax your right arm and hand through impact.
    let the control of the club revert back to the leading (left) hand.
    The club should have the opportunity to be at its fastest just past the ball so you are accelerating through it.
    If you push the club through you may expend the energy too early and be decelerating at impact.

See it the release can be a little less active, just a touch more passive and get control of the face back.

Thread Information