100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Shed for the backyard

Hey Guys,

I am looking at putting a shed in my backyard to house all the crap needed for the house. Any suggestions on where I could get one built at a reasonable price? I see some at Homedepot that I might look at, but I thought I would pool this group.

Any insight would be helpful...thanks!!

Matt

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    how big are you looking? You can get the metal sheds cheaper than the plastic ones but I find the plastic ones look better and will last forever. Costco was selling a pretty nice one but not sure they still have it in stock. They aren't cheap and a smallish shed (4x6) will run you $500 - larger ones (e.g. 10x10) $1000 ish. Can Tire is another option but its end of season at all these places so selection might be lacking right now. They go on sale from time to time but generally not hugely.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    My uncle has two of the 1000$ costco ones and they seem to be pretty good but i would definitely get it up off the ground just using some pressure treated posts/plywood and patio stones or footings.

I was actually thinking of getting one made of wood, so I could modify the inside to accommodate shelving and other stuff that I can hang. I am looking at least a 10 x 10 as I need to store my snowblower (in the summer), lawn mower and kids bicycles (eventually) in there. We like to put a car in the garage in the winter, so I would like to keep as much stuff in there as possible.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    You could go that route as well or just build it yourself, not too difficult for a 10 x 10.

Not being the most handiest of men, I am considering the purchasing of one, before I take it on myself.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I looked at a number of places a few years ago when looking for a shed. I visited Shed FX among other places, and I found the shed place on Carp Road & Richardson (across from Cheshire Cat) to be reasonably priced and the best quality of all the places I visited. You wouldn't believe the number of places that don't even measure when they cut 2x4s.

I ended up building my own version of one of their sheds, and saved little to no money in doing so - and spent a LOT of time I didn't need to. I decided to build it not so much to save money, but as a learning experience.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing!!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information