CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    2 Iron scanner_66 is on a distinguished road scanner_66's Avatar

Iron shaft question

I need to find a shaft that significantly lowers my ball flight...I have played with DG R300s, PX 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 and have a very high trajectory with all, I hit the best trajectory with the 6.0s but it is still to high, the softer shafts are not as accurate as the 6.0 either but I am acceptable line wise with any by adjusting my tempo to suit the shaft. I prefer a stiffer shaft but trajectory is the most important factor right now. I will most likely put whatever I try in a new set of Mizuno MX 300s I have sitting there but could also put them in a set of Adams pro gold...

What has worked for you guys that tinker like crazy?

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    I hear the KBS C-tapers are for lower trajectory ball flight, but I haven't hit them myself. I have a few buddies that use them and say they are slightly lower than other shafts they have used. I know they're pretty pricey as well. I know golftown has a few demo irons you can hit into the screen with C-tapers to try.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Go to pga value guide and read very, very carefully what the design features are and how the ballflight is suppose to be for your Mizuno's.

You are using the wrong heads for what you want to accomplish !!!

No shaft will significantly lower a ball flight with a head that is designed to do the exact opposite.

2 Iron scanner_66 is on a distinguished road scanner_66's Avatar
    so I get this from that:
    • The milled pocket cavity (3-7) redistributes 17 grams of discretionary weight low and deep to provide a high penetrating launch
    • Scoring irons (8-GW) utilize a solid power bar design for maximum solid feel and pin attacking control

that is what I want not a ballooning high spin rate launch...I backed a 8 iron 10ft off the green today with the Adams Pro Golds...the ball flight is to high with to much spin...

If you have a suggestion about better heads I am willing to listen

reading more I finf as an example the TM RAC LT's were designed to have a low penetrating launch,,,you are making me think dammit

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    I agree with Les 100%, wrong head. My son thought he should have a more GI iron so he hit his MP-30 beside the MX-23. He quickly realized the MX-23 had a very high ball flight and he had to purposely hit this iron thin to hit it lower, which he was not prepared to do. Then he hit the Ping i20 and it was so easy to hit and he doesn't have to hit it thin to keep trajectory lower. Bottom line, wrong head.

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Go to pga value guide and read very, very carefully what the design features are and how the ballflight is suppose to be for your Mizuno's.

You are using the wrong heads for what you want to accomplish !!!

No shaft will significantly lower a ball flight with a head that is designed to do the exact opposite.
    Kind regards, Harry

Thread Information