CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Nfl 2012-13

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I'm fine. Would that the same could have been said for the Pats. They stunk up the place. It was a sad performance by any measure.

Jean-Guy, I did have a couple of glasses of California's finest nectar, but the nature of the game adversely affected its flavour!

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    i hope mpare is ok
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    I don't understand why some people find some much pleasure from other's failures? Jealous of their previous success?
    i immediately thought of this ...

You only get out of something what you put into it

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Just curious. You don't know them personally, they haven't done anything mean or malicious to you, yet cheer so openly when they get beat like somehow their failures have somehow improved the quality of your life?????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Just curious. You don't know them personally, they haven't done anything mean or malicious to you, yet cheer so openly when they get beat like somehow their failures have somehow improved the quality of your life?????
    The Leafs losing in the Stanley Cup finals this year would definitely add to the quality of my life.

This story also warms my heart

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ball-to-howard

The Los Angeles Lakers might officially be a joke. After falling seven games under .500 on the actual season (and 2-3 since Mike D'Antoni's reset), everybody outside of "Lakers Nation" has been giggling at the misfortune and ineptitude of this team on the court for months now. As they get deeper and deeper into the playoff grave they're digging for themselves, we're starting to wonder if they're going to be able to make it at all.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Geoff, when did you grow a vagina?

The majority of football fans outside of New England itself hate the Pats. No different then people hating the Leafs, like nokids says. There are loved franchises and hated franchises.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    ?

The majority of football fans outside of New England itself hate the Pats. No different then people hating the Leafs, like nokids says. There are loved franchises and hated franchises.
    They sell an awful lot of jerseys for a hated team.

The Steelers generated the most online merchandise sales of any NFL team during the same sales period. The Top 5 best-selling clubs this season were:
    1) Pittsburgh Steelers
    2) Green Bay Packers
    3) Dallas Cowboys
    4) New England Patriots
    5) Chicago Bears

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UQE-1x1X2So
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Geoff, when did you grow a vagina?

Just checked, still got my man parts.

If a team beats "your team", I can understand the anger. Or if "your team" beats said team, I can understand the joy of their defeat. But to say your day got better because a team, of which you have no vested interest in loses, doesn't make you a sports fan. You hate them just because they are "the team to hate"??? Seems kind of shallow to me.

I have been a huge hockey fan my whole life and am a big supporter of the local team. I know the Leafs are our biggest rival but I can honestly say I take no gratification or feel my day or life has improved in any way when I hear of a Leafs' loss. Do I rib my dad when the Leafs lose???? Sure, but its because my dad and we can laugh about, not because I hate the Leafs.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Specifically referencing the New England Patriots: there was the whole perfect season & running up the score thing, and the "cheating" lip-reading thing. That was enough for me to dislike Bellicheck. I don't really have anything against the players, Brady is amazing, and they seem to consistently get a lot out of their players. I respect their winning ways and the whole organization, but I cheer against them, and have since my Bears crushed them in the superbowl in 1985.

Disliking them for what they did is understandable. But let me ask you something Sak, do you gloat and feel better about yourself/your life when the Pats lose and they aren't playing the bears?

There's passionate, then there is assinine.

Just checked, still got my man parts.

I have been a huge hockey fan my whole life and am a big supporter of the local team. I know the Leafs are our biggest rival but I can honestly say I take no gratification or feel my day or life has improved in any way when I hear of a Leafs' loss. Do I rib my dad when the Leafs lose???? Sure, but its because my dad and we can laugh about, not because I hate the Leafs.
    Maybe Donny has some obnoxious Boston friends on twitter who ribbed him pretty hard after Falcons lost.

Possibly, but tough to state "everyone" outside of Boston hate the Pats...afterall, they sold the 4th highest amount of merchandise. I highly doubt Pat fans are buying triplicate items.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Disliking them for what they did is understandable. But let me ask you something Sak, do you gloat and feel better about yourself/your life when the Pats lose and they aren't playing the bears?

There's passionate, then there is assinine.
    I think it is actually an interesting exercise in psychology. I enjoy the NFL quite a lot, and I do find myself conciously picking a side in every game I watch. I find it very difficult to be neutral. I would be an awful official. I was happy for Ray Lewis and the Baltimore team, but I will admit I was probably more pleased that the Pats post season ended. I can't really explain it.

Similarly, as a Montreal Canadiens fan, I thought I had a moral obligation to hate the Leafs, no?

well to be blunt, i'm an nfl historian and an nfl nut. i don't like the patriots, mainly because of their leadership. He's one the best coaches in nfl history and one of the biggest horse's asses on the planet. I know for a fact that the Pats are one of the most hated franchises in the NFL. Jersey sales means squat, I bought a Jets jersey once because I happened to be at a jets-dolphins game. I don't like the Jets. New Englands a huge market, covering many states. Add to that the frontrunner fans that jumped aboard post-2001 who aren't true fans of the franchise, just fans of winners. Spygate as Sak said, the utter lack of respect for other teams by running up the score as much as possible, etc. Just a long list. So yes, the Patriots losing made my the Falcons loss better because I don't have to watch them in the super bowl. I was sad, then I was a little less sad thanks to the Ravens.

Leafs lose, I'm happy too!

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Just realized my flight to Vancouver coincides with the Super Bowl. Think Air Canada will live stream the game?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I will be sporting my #52 49ers jersey with pride while patrolling the beaches in Turcs & Caicos on SB Sunday and then will watch the game on the beach, DRINKS in hand! Woot woot!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    I will be sporting my #52 49ers jersey with pride while patrolling the beaches in Turcs & Caicos on SB Sunday and then will watch the game on the beach, DRINKS in hand! Woot woot!
    Lucky turd!

Geoff, here are some reasons why the Patriots and their coach are disliked by some football fans. They generally excel - season after season. They consistently contend, even when they don't have a particularly good team. This could irritate fans whose own teams don't perform as well or as consistently. Their consistency, despite personnel problems, is a good indication that Mr. Hoodie's coaching is above average and that too grates on people's nerves. After all, Belichick is not the most forthcoming of men, nor the most fashionable. He is, however, one of the brightest men in football, and that annoys some folks as well.

Possibly, but tough to state "everyone" outside of Boston hate the Pats...afterall, they sold the 4th highest amount of merchandise. I highly doubt Pat fans are buying triplicate items.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Donny, if the Patriots are the most hated team in football, I would ask who are the haters? Certainly not the players, who want to play for them, and most do. Assuming that any credence should be given to these subjective, emotional exercises (and I give them no credence), most of these lists have the New York Jets atop the most hated teams.

I would suggest to anyone who is interested in gaining an insight into how the Patriots do business generally, and how Bill Belichick built the team, read Michael Holley's War Room.
    Last edited by mpare; 01-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.

I give credit to the organization, the coach is oustanding. People get tired of winning teams, of course. But as Shannon Sharpe said, the Pats make it very easy for people not to like them.

Not everyone dislikes Belichick. Ed Reed, the Ravens' safety, would love to play for him. Here's hoping that happens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-for-belichick

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I was thinking about this last week.... What coaches would I like to play for in the NFL....

These are the guys that I think players enjoy to play for:

Jim and John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, maybe Mike Smith (Atlanta) and Jeff Fisher....

Why... the players seems to love them, good discipline, excellent preparation and they show some passion!!

Who do you guys would love to play for?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Antwan Bolden should have been mvp.

Refs were bad all night.

SF qb needs more clock awareness.

Bye Ray.

Thread Information