100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Gulfnut is on a distinguished road

3Bays GSA Pro Golf Swing Analyzer

Have anyone heard of the 3Bays GSA Pro Golf Swing Analyzer?

Thanks
    Gulfnut

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    It is another club add on swing analyzer. No real reviews yet, but I suspect it I no different that any of the others.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Yup, got it tested and loved it! While you don't get exact degrees of the club face and swing path, being able to easily move it from club to club with simple alignment and the fact that it doesn't move with shaft flex makes it a great Gyro/App analyzer!

We now carry it (along with SwingByte):
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=241

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

How accurate is it Cory?

It is $200 accurate

Awesome answer!

Lob Wedge Tailwagger is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    It is $200 accurate
    I've had one for a month or so now. I've never taken it to the range... or more accurately I've never gotten it to work while at the range, so I can't comment on its accuracy, though it should be obvious that a lot of the numbers are derived, like yardage etc as it has no clue whether you actually hit a ball of just did a practice swing. I think its useful to track tempo and possibly swing speed. From a club face angle perspective, again its doing a lot of guessing (like where exactly the ball is that you were trying to hit).

I've found it works reasonably well with an iPad, however with my iPhone it worked for three swings and I've yet to get it to communicate ever again. (hence no range comparison). Even with the iPad, it does tend to miss one or two swings out of ten. At $200, I really cant recommend it as for a few hundred more you can get a cheap sim and get more accurate club head info.

Hey Tailwagger,

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. One of our instructors uses it on his iPhone all the time without problems.

Have you tried contacting tech support?

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey Tailwagger,

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. One of our instructors uses it on his iPhone all the time without problems.

Have you tried contacting tech support?
    No, I hate phones... I just downloaded a new software update, we'll see if improves things. I think the device operates much better on full charge. After 20 minutes or so the connection display goes from green to yellow on my iPad, which seems to increase the possibility of missed shots. I'll likely try it again making sure its fully charged. I didnt mean to come off as overly harsh. Apologies, as I meant in my original post to say +1 to your, "its $200 accurate comment'. If you look at everything in the $200 range, I think you can make an reasonable argument that the GSA could be the best bang for the buck device out there. But I think its important to point out that you get what you pay for, and in my case in retrospect, I think I'd be willing to pay more to get more. (why I've started hanging about here reading up in sims, which admittedly is turning into a couple of orders of magnitude more $$$)

Is your instructor using it with an Android? I've heard that version seems to be more reliable than the iOS one.

Tail, I wonder how it compares to the Swingbyte which is a little cheaper. I havent bit on any of the club attached swing analysers as I feel they are not as accurate as I would like. I hope I am wrong as the price is right!

Hey TW,

My instructor uses it with his iPhone. I have used it with my Android phone and worked just as well...

Hey Bubba,
    I've used both and each has it's advantages. The 3Bays GSA is easier to setup and move between clubs. The SwingByte actually shows the degrees of the club face and swing path. The SwingByte also is compatible with both AndroidOS and iOS; whereas with 3Bays the unit is specific to one or the other. Both are decent units for the price, but my preference is the 3Bays just for how easy it is to use.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

As per usual, thanks Cory!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Tail, I wonder how it compares to the Swingbyte which is a little cheaper. I havent bit on any of the club attached swing analysers as I feel they are not as accurate as I would like. I hope I am wrong as the price is right!
    I think it would be really interesting if someone had a analyzer and compared data, club path, SS, etc, the stuff that the GSA, Swingbyte claim to measure with the real deal. Seems like this is a case where we could actually compare the data from the exact same swing to get an idea of just where and how these accurate these devices are.

Not to go too far afield, but I'm coming off a number of years of amateur road racing, where I found that data logging was absolutely crucial in improving the performance of both the car and the driver. In returning to golf after a few years absence, I'm really hoping to find similar tools that can do the same. It seems to me that much like racing, there are numbers that need to be dead accurate, lap & sector times for example, while others need only be accurate in relative terms. i.e its somewhat like tuning on a dyno; it doesn't matter what any single HP reading is as much as what they look like relative to changes you make. So, for me, it would be really interesting to know just how consistent either of these devices are relative to things like swing speed, path etc. It doesnt really matter to me if, for example, the GSA says 100 MPH and an accurate analyzer says 90, if when it says 110, its really 101 as I know I've made a positive improvement. But it would matter if the numbers were closer to reality but less consistent, say the GSA reads, 97, 101, 92 and the analyzer says 96, 96, 94.

Thats not something I have the tools to verify, but others might be able to. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink Cory )

I would love to see exactly that. Cory?

Sand Wedge thorin33 is on a distinguished road
    I have seen some positive reviews on golfwrx but would love to see some input from Cory wrt how it compares to full blown sims.

Looks like I have got some more testing to do I am going to finish up with the HMT and CG3, but will put this on my testing to do list

Putter jredwards4 is on a distinguished road
    This is my first post on this forum. I've read a lot of post regarding simulators and decided that given the prices for high end systems and natural lighting issues for cheaper systems that I would take a chance on the swingbyte to get some swing data.

I've used the swingbyte for a few weeks now and would like to say it’s is very accurate with respect to most of the data it records. This tool can be very beneficial when using it on the course during a practice round or at the range. I use it with both my android tablet and phone. When I hit a bad shot you get instant feedback, you can see the details within your swing and pick up on what deviations cause that bad shot. It’s so much easier than using a camera and V1 plus it’s instantly available. You can hit one after another. It records every swing that you make an impact with the ground/ball.
    It’s decent at giving club face information at impact, it’s only as accurate as your job of lining up the tool on the club. I don’t really trust it’s algorithm for predicting ball flight (hook, draw, straight, fade, slice) based on benchmarking its predictions (from what I can tell it uses swing path and face angle to predict). However, I’m not too concerned this as I am using it more for swing shape analysis. It’s decent with predicting swing speed. Probably a little error with shaft flex depending on how you swing.

Thanks for the post jredwards4!

Unfortunately I broke my ankle this weekend so my testing will be on hold for a bit

Happy Golfing All!
    Cory

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to hear that!
    Not really sure that is a good enough excuse for not doing any testing

Hope it will heal up fast.

Sorry to hear that Cory!! Get well soon, we need your testing!!!

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Cory, you shoot the vids, your android al does the hitting. No excuse!!!!!! Good excuse for your game to go to cr## though.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Bummer about the ankle, take care of it and get well soon!

Thanks guys - yeah, but I LOVE doing the testing myself too! I have wanted to play more with the HMT for so long, the new CG3 software and the new Trainer is coming in soon.

It is pretty amazing how we take our health for granted some times - I miss my ankle LOL.

When you're young, it's normal to take your health for granted - lol

Well I'm 35, but know that I'm definitely not 18 anymore LOL

I hit the big "6-0" in 3 1/2 weeks myself, I'd LOVE to feel "35" again

On the other hand, I credit golf for keeping me a reasonably HEALTHY old fart

Thread Information