CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge slice is on a distinguished road

Looking to Rent in Florida

I hate to put this in writing but the winter is not far off, I would like to spend a month or more in Florida to golf. Anyone have contact info for rental properties for January / February in Florida. I hear to expect somewhere between $1,000 - $1,500 per month for a one or two bedroom.

Gap Wedge rando7777 is on a distinguished road
    vrbo

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    If you're looking at a condo, that might be the rate. Single bedroom home will run you that per week in some locations (Fort Myers/Cape Coral).
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Check out home away.com for rentals. We've used it a number of times all over the world and never had a bad experience
    . Last winter we rented 1 week in myrtle followed by a month in Haines city just outside Orlando.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Hi - Well it would kind of depend on what amenities you might be looking for. I have a condo (sorry not for rent) on the Southern Dunes golf course in Haines City. I have many friends and neighbours that rent their properties in that community. But their properties rent for somewhere around $800 to $1,000 per week during the winter... That being said when my wife and I were looking to buy we spent a week in the Villages which is I believe the largest community of retiree's in the US. (I've tried for years to describe my experience in the Villages sort of Stepford Wives meets Leave it to Beaver - but in a good way) Anyway, very interesting. But back to topic, we got a free week for giving them a look when we were considering buying and we saw rentals that ran about $1,500 a month. So that might be worth considering.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I second VRBO, great site.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    VRBO is a good site BUT lately has has been taken over by corpoate owners---that is----commercial owners of vacation holidays etc. We have been traveling for 9 years now and have found that it is best to talk first to renters and then to the actual owners of the properties. There are a lot of good owner/renters out there but there are still the unscrupulous ones. We were stung once but never again---make sure all phone numbers--names and email address go to the same person and that the address is actually a legitimate address--a police check or background check will tell you for sure. It's better to spend 100.00 than 3,000.00 and find out you vacation home does not exist. 104 days and counting
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    homeaway.com provides insurance that the homes exist. I've rented a few times myself (including a month in Florida) and know a number of people that have also rented all over the world and have not heard any complaints.

Lob Wedge slice is on a distinguished road
    thanks to all you responded. I like the home was from home site, seems to be slightly better than vbro.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    Hi - Well it would kind of depend on what amenities you might be looking for. I have a condo (sorry not for rent) on the Southern Dunes golf course in Haines City. I have many friends and neighbours that rent their properties in that community. But their properties rent for somewhere around $800 to $1,000 per week during the winter... That being said when my wife and I were looking to buy we spent a week in the Villages which is I believe the largest community of retiree's in the US. (I've tried for years to describe my experience in the Villages sort of Stepford Wives meets Leave it to Beaver - but in a good way) Anyway, very interesting. But back to topic, we got a free week for giving them a look when we were considering buying and we saw rentals that ran about $1,500 a month. So that might be worth considering.
    Stop advertising Southern Dunes... we want the prime tee times come February!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sebber;462139]Stop advertising Southern Dunes... we want the prime tee times come February![/QUOTE

Too funny.... See you there in February, also going down for 2 weeks starting Christmas Day.... Then a week in Vegas.

Thread Information