100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar

Metcalfe Members?

Is anybody here a Metcalfe member or frequent visitor to the club?

Their membership rates look really enticing to me but want to get peoples opinions beyond what the club pro and their fliers say.

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road
    Aye ,I would be quite interested in hearing opinions on this too

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar

Smile Metcalfe GC

I play there several times this year, the club is in excellent conditions, greens, fairways, I knew Gary who run the restaurant and the food was very good them, I do not know if he still there, there is 18 holes and 9, the scenery is very country old farm style I find it very enjoyable.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    I have played their Monday Ride & Dine with buddies for several years. Their best feature is their hospitality and service, very much like a small town club, then it's their kitchen. They pride themselves in offering better quality food than you would normally find at a golf course. The course quality could be better, but it is a good value for the money, and the layout gives you a chance to use all the clubs in your bag. I'd say that there are few grip & rip holes, and many more holes where you have to place your shots to set up for the next. Not target golf, but not wide open by any means. I don't find the greens all that fast or necessarily consistent, but to be fair very dry or very wet conditions will challenge any course. My biggest gripe with them is their fairways. There are some that are scalped (i.e. #6, 18 hole) and have little real grass, then there are others that are very lush and as good as you will find anywhere (i.e. #9, 9 hole). I think if you like a decent course with friendly staff and members, at a good price, you can't go wrong.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    I am staff at Metcalfe, so a little bias. I would recommend that you call the course and ask for Rob (the GM), he will gladly answer any questions you have.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I like the setup at this course, especially the PAR 5 where you can cut the forest and have a short iron in. (wind depending)
    Last edited by Kilroy; 09-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Is anybody here a Metcalfe member or frequent visitor to the club?

Their membership rates look really enticing to me but want to get peoples opinions beyond what the club pro and their fliers say.
    What price are the memberships for 2013 ?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    What price are the memberships for 2013 ?
    Depends what type of membership you are looking for.

Full memberships are around $1,700, Intermediate range from $545 to $1600 depending on age (there are playing restrictions). Senior memberships in the ballpark of $1,500. We also have mini memberships for $499 or $299 (there are playing restrictions on the cheaper one), which gives you golf for $20 for 18 or $16 for 9.

Best option is to call the course to get exact figures.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 09-12-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcee View Post
    Depends what type of membership you are looking for.

Full memberships are around $1,700, Intermediate range from $545 to $1600 depending on age (there are playing restrictions). Senior memberships in the ballpark of $1,500. We also have mini memberships for $499 or $299 (there are playing restrictions on the cheaper one), which gives you golf for $20 for 18 or $16 for 9.

Best option is to call the course to get exact figures.
    Rob, the GM is a great guy. Answered all of my questions while touring the facility and is obviously very passionate about his course. I am very sure that Metcalfe will be my club next season. I played there Tuesday morning at 7:44 (riding and playing best ball with a high capper friend) and got a round in just over 3 hours. I can't put in to words how friendly the staff are, phenomenal.

Sand Wedge daiglem is on a distinguished road
    I just discovered the 9 hole course at Metcalfe last week ... I was extremely impressed at the value! And the condition of the 9 blew me away considering the price. Staff was great, but I didn't try the kitchen. Maybe this coming weekend

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Rob, the GM is a great guy. Answered all of my questions while touring the facility and is obviously very passionate about his course. I am very sure that Metcalfe will be my club next season. I played there Tuesday morning at 7:44 (riding and playing best ball with a high capper friend) and got a round in just over 3 hours. I can't put in to words how friendly the staff are, phenomenal.
    I joined today. I'm not retired so I wanted a course with at least 27 holes so I could play either 9 or 18 and also have options if there are tournaments, etc. I've always liked both courses, and it seems to improve with each year. The service has always been great, and I've gone to a few brunches in the past and the food has always been great.

First time I've been a member anywhere, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I joined today. I'm not retired so I wanted a course with at least 27 holes so I could play either 9 or 18 and also have options if there are tournaments, etc. I've always liked both courses, and it seems to improve with each year. The service has always been great, and I've gone to a few brunches in the past and the food has always been great.

First time I've been a member anywhere, so I'm looking forward to the experience.
    Unless I trip and fall over a Clublink membership this winter, I'll be a member at Metcalfe for sure in the spring.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Unless I trip and fall over a Clublink membership this winter, I'll be a member at Metcalfe for sure in the spring.
    Good decision

Thread Information