100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Twisting is on a distinguished road

Metcalfe Golf Course

I recently decided to become a member of the Metcalfe golf course. I paid my deposit a few days ago and I'm pretty excited for the course to open. I played there about 4 times in the last few years and I enjoy the course. It's also relatively close to where I live and the price was great because I'm under 26.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here is a member of Metcalfe and I'm looking for some comments about what you think of your membership/the course/the staff/events/etc.

Even if you're not a member, throw in your two cents - always fun to read golf stuff here at work!
    Last edited by Twisting; 02-24-2005 at 01:28 PM. Reason: *SORRY* This post might belong in the Ottawa Local forum, not the General one.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

metcalfe

welcome...im a member and a marshall at metcalfe...if you have any questions
    send me a note via the pm option and i will respond..

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road
    Ah...Metcalfe. The first and only time I broke 100 last year (95). Nice course. This is my second year coming up so if I can get my short game in shape, maybe I'll do it more.

cheers,

Kris

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Metcalfe

I like Metcalfe, the new back nine setup is nice, a little too firm on the fairways, but then again, I am not going to complain about my drive going too long.
    People are pleasant there and always ready to help out. I an not wild about the 10th hole being the 1st hole now - at my skill level its a tuff hole to start on. (the next hole's tee shot is no piece of cake either)
    I have considered joining before, I played with a member last year that almost had me convinced, he was a real character!
    Good luck, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Rusty

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    I an not wild about the 10th hole being the 1st hole now - at my skill level its a tuff hole to start on. (the next hole's tee shot is no piece of cake either)
    Yeah, I always have a tough time on the old 10th hole, but the next hole is actually pretty easy if you play it right. Unless you can realistically reach the green in two, the key is to tee off with a mid-iron to land short of the chute where the trees narrow. Then you use a fairway wood to go through the chute but either carry the ditch or layup in front of it. Then you'll have a wedge or low iron into the green. It is a hole that calls for good course management - the grip-it-and-rip-it guys always get into trouble off the tee here. Try it and see if it works.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

2ND Hole course management

Thanks El Tigre, it seems so obivous now! I think thats the next step in my game - using my brain more often.

Rusty

Pitching Wedge Twisting is on a distinguished road
    Last year I think all but once I went into the trees on the right on the 10th.

I, like most of you, can't wait for the season to start. All I can think about is golf lately *lol*

Thread Information