100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

An announcement of peace...

Well, I'm sure many of you "internet champions" will be happy to hear this... You will no longer be bothered with my opinion!!! YAY!!! You can go back to leading your relatively predictable lives without the knowledge that I will have something negative to say about it!!! WHOO!!!!!

Just buggin yaz...

I have launched my own site, non-golf related, and will be devoting my time to pi$$ing off my own membership as opposed to that of the OttawaGolf.com forums.

I doubt many of you would be interested, but the addy is www.czechmate.ca

The premise is that I'm starting a portal site for my fellow Czech-Canadians and other people who have an interest in the Czech Republic. Launched it in February because I can't think of a time where more Canadians wish they were somewhere else!

At any rate, my vitriol has been moved to my forums, where political debates of any intensity are welcomed within the bounds of good taste. Maybe I'll see the likes of some of you over there! DOUBT IT!

I will still be around this board, but likely won't have much emotional charge left to impart on all of you, and I know that must really be a heartbreaker to many of you, especially that guy who thinks I'm out to get him (can't recall his name, which shows how important I think he is...).

Thanks Dan and all at OG for having not banned me on many occasions. I know you wanted to, and respect that you opted not to.

Cheers, and see you all very soon!

Dan Rakusan
    http://www.czechmate.ca
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Hey Partner. Will you still be part of the TOUR this season??

Cheers,
    George

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    WHOA!!! Had to duck out of the way of that ego.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Maybe Dan will add a link to your site in the main menu!

Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Hey Partner. Will you still be part of the TOUR this season??

Cheers,
    George
    Very hopeful to be... Just gotta scrape together the funds...

Dan

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    :jitter :cryin :shake :cry
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    You can go back to leading your relatively predictable lives without the knowledge that I will have something negative to say about it!!!
    No one was more predictable than you Dan.
    Ciao...

Quote Originally Posted by em69
    No one was more predictable than you Dan.
    Ciao...
    Hehehe.... It was a parting shot... c'mon... I really did enjoy a lot of the back and forth arguments... Just not so much the ones where (myself) and whoever else got spinning in circles...

Life's life. Internet is internet.

Just figured I'd do it on my own dime instead of someone else's...

Dan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Dan,

Does the name Ota Hora mean anything to you?

When I was a kid, living at 324 Powell Avenue, a young boy and his father, both named Ota Hora, moved into a place on Cambridge just south of the property where the original, pre 1960, Borden Public School used to be at the corner of Powell and Cambridge. A few years later they moved to Clover Ave, off of Heron Rd., and from there I lost touch with the son.

If I recall correctly, the father was a prominent Czechoslovakian citizen who escaped/left Czechslovakia before the communist takeover. The son would now be about my age, around 60.

Good luck with your website.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Dan,

Does the name Ota Hora mean anything to you?

When I was a kid, living at 324 Powell Avenue, a young boy and his father, both named Ota Hora, moved into a place on Cambridge just south of the property where the original, pre 1960, Borden Public School used to be at the corner of Powell and Cambridge. A few years later they moved to Clover Ave, off of Heron Rd., and from there I lost touch with the son.

If I recall correctly, the father was a prominent Czechoslovakian citizen who escaped/left Czechslovakia before the communist takeover. The son would now be about my age, around 60.

Good luck with your website.
    Actually, that name does ring a bell. I'll ask my parents (both over 65)... They are very well placed in the Czech community here in Ottawa. They'd likely know these people. It's very surprising just how many Czechs there are in Ottawa. The reported number in Canada is around the 50,000 mark but if you include first-generation Czech-Canadians like myself, it's really quite a large number. The nice thing is that for the most part, these first generation kids still speak the language and know of the culture of this ancient country.

Dan

Thread Information