CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian GCC

Putter BrianH1 is on a distinguished road

Canadian GCC

Canadian GCC seems to have a good price for membership which is tempting at under $1,500. It has has been about 4 years since I last played the course. However I have been told they have a lot of tournaments and it can be hard to get tee-times. I play mainly on the weekends, and woudl participate in Men's Night if they have one. Anyone familiar enought with the course to comment on the pros and cons of joining?

Thanks

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    As a past member I have nothing but praise for the Mark Seabrook and the employees. We were treated like royalty when we were there.
    If you play in the morning you should get your round in no problem. Weekends were never an issue but again playing mornings.
    I think they had a members night ) mixed) on Fridays but maybe someone can chime in on this one cause its been over 5 years.
    We would still be there if it werent for the traffic from Gatineau to Ottawa everyday. Its a great little course and in good condition with 27 holes to boot.

Thanks for the reply. I have recently moved to the west end so location will not be a problem. I usually play in the afternoon on weekends, is it difficutl to get afternoon tee-times? So there is no specific Men's Night at Canadian?

Thanks,
    Brian

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    Wednesday is men's night there. Course and staff are great but the tournaments make it difficult. I won't be a returning member for this reason. Got forced onto the East way too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by gwil View Post
    Wednesday is men's night there. Course and staff are great but the tournaments make it difficult. I won't be a returning member for this reason. Got forced onto the East way too many times.
    Did you get forced onto the East course on weekends or weekdays or both?

Thanks,

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    Never had a problem playing. I play early morning and tournaments never bothered me that much. Additionally the staff is terrific as other mentioned and Mark Seabrook is a very proactive guy. In 3 years he made two great new redesigned hole on the East course: 5 and 6 and created what I think is the most amazing practice facility in the Ottawa region. Not sure there is a better deal membership wise in the Ottawa region.

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    Both - mostly week days. They probably average 4-5 tournaments a week. On weekends we play at 6:30am - easy to get through at that time.

Couldn't agree more about all the positives - only negative and unfortunately it was enough to turn me and 3 friends away was the number of tournaments.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Fortunately or unfortunately what has been said is very true BUT in defence of Mark you can not have your cake and eat it too. The course conditions have always been excellent (even this year) the staff great and the facilities top notch. If there are tournaments most afternoons then that only pays for the conditions that you play on in the morning.

If you have been a frequent reader of this forum-----------how many negatives have come up about the Canadian???

In this day and age it is seldom that you get course owners that are as hands on as Mark-he IS there most days of the week and will speak to you one on one
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have recently moved to the west end so location will not be a problem. I usually play in the afternoon on weekends, is it difficutl to get afternoon tee-times? So there is no specific Men's Night at Canadian?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Maybe it will be difficult to play afternoons with the tournements so give them a call and ask,or send him an e-mail. Mark will get back to you with an honest answer.

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road
    As a current member I do feel there are, as mentioned, a lot of tournaments. That said, I tend to play after work and usually a last minute decision. I tend to play a number of those rounds alone. I have not had one incident this summer where I was not able to get out. If you play on Wednesday you should play the mens night. On the East course is the Nortel league which plays very slow and will surely lead to a 3 hour 9. The practice facility is great and again the staff are fantastic. Even through the drought they kept the course very playable and the greens stayed green. That deserves a big notice. If you dont mind booking in advance getting a time isnt an issue. I have been able to get a desired tee time within 48 hours notice and less on numerous occations. Great bang for the buck all in all.

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I just signed up as a member last month and have been out half a dozen times now. Never once had an issue with not being able to play yet. We'll see what next year brings, but it's in top notch condition and is convenient for the west enders like me.

Thread Information