+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar

New TruGolf Trainer

Hey All,

TruGolf introduced a new system package at the PGA Expo 2012 - it is called the Trainer...

While the show model is a prototype, the final system should be ready this fall.

I will post the video soon, but here is a quick picture that I took of the brochure from the show.

Only $2495 with the TruTrac sensor, E6 Lite with 15 courses, stance mat, putting mat and catch net!

Stay tuned or contact me at cory@par2pro.com for more info or worldwide sales.

Trainer - Available Soon.jpg

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Cory, I assume this has no ball measurement? They must be competing with the P3Pro market.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    This could possibly eliminate the P3Pro market...

The video is now uploaded: http://youtu.be/9ixTru5PFAQ

Yes, you are correct bubba - at this point it is just club measurement; however, I am going to work closely with them to try to make this as great as possible.

You have to select your club to get the ball's launch angle, but they take into account the different shadowing of the club to adjust the flight based on how you hit it (so that mis-hits read a little more realistic.

Also that side light can be a light mounted on the ceiling and you can use it for left and right handed golfers without having to move a light. It also can do putting without requiring a separate sensor as the light is about 12 to 16" in front of the sensors.

I will post more info as I get it

I think this can definitely "shake up" the simulator market. Given their reputation for customer service and the price point for this, it looks like it will be a very competitive product.

If all works out well then I think that this will fill that gap in between a P3Pro and ProTee system. I am really looking forward to beta testing and getting this system to be a great choice for those with a limited budget but not wanting to tape clubs

Yes it may be good. I do have some concern over the lack of ball data, especially launch angle. Will the Trainer be really any better than the PX2 or the ST1? Z your thoughts?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I doubt that it's better than the PX2. Heck, I don't think it's even as accurate as the P3pro in terms of club measurements.

Without the sonic sensors, it's an overpriced Optishot. The Optishot's 3DD courses are better looking and have a better ball cam than the E6 lite.

Yes I don't think they are reinventing the wheel. I would certainly love to test it out and compare it to the Optishot, P3pro, PX2 and Protee. I agree with you that it will suffer without the sonic triangulation and ball data. The question is who will bite at that price?????

We live in interesting times =|;0-) However this pans out, it's great to see the companies coming out with more choices this year!

Yes we do! More choices will continue to develop for sure. This will drive prices down for all of us. Some new products however are not gonna change the world such as the Trainer. They will give users another option in that category.

Pitching Wedge pengki is on a distinguished road
    any news on the e6 update? would love to be able to play online and a way to save scores and handicaps, stats etc.. sound would be great.

Hey All,

The TruGolf Technique Trainer is now available for preorder:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=242

The price point has changed to $2995, but now includes 45 courses include the Pebble and St. Andrews Resort Packages.

I am still waiting for mine to test out...

As always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me at cory@par2pro.com.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Hey All,

I just spoke with TruGolf and they are estimating that the first batch of Trainer's will be shipped out in early December.

They said that they are making some more improvements and tweaks before sending it out.

Cheers,
    Cory

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    hopefully the improvements and tweaks will also include updated software for the technique

How are things with the Technique bubs?

Hey bubs,

Sorry, but they are just improving the Trainer setup, not the E6 software.

its, ok. Just would love an update to the software. I still may add a vector pro if it is a worthwhile deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey bubs,

Sorry, but they are just improving the Trainer setup, not the E6 software.
    Cory
    I see you have a discounted vector on your site. Does it make a real good difference adding it to the Trugolf? Or is the numbers comparable without the addition. I am trying to decide what to add or just leave it alone.

I found that adding the Vector helps on most shots (the key is the spin measurement), but the chips are hit and miss and the putts are not read by the Vector.

Thanks

Hey All,

Just got notice that my Trainer is now shipping out to me and may be here before Xmas - still in a cast so can't golf yet, but I will see if I can have some of my testers give it a shot!

Happy Holidays,
    Cory

Cory

I think I have settled on staying with Trugolf. I looked at the Sports Coach website and the threads on this forum and it appears no more accurate than what I have. I am going to make my technique into more of a signature series model. I have already added your hq screen and put memory foam behind to reduce bounce back. I am in the process of making a room in the garage for the final setup. I will be lowering the sensor pad to the floor and doing away with the big foam pads that Trugolf sent to me. And then put some type of putting carpet down all around. I see Cory that you have a nice one but I fear the shipping from Canada would kill me for carpeting. Any suggestions?

I was wondering though if I add the vector does that mean I can do away with the 3 microphones? Also I would want to change my projector from the floor to the ceiling. What suggestion do you have to protect it since it is a short throw and is closer to the screen?

I thought about contacting TruGolf about changing my setup but I don't think they would help me.

Hey Bubs,

When you say carpeting, do you mean artifical turf?
    If so, most of the turf comes from the US (although I do have some Canadian suppliers).

I believe that you don't need the microphones with a Vector, but I will double check that with the TruGolf tech just to be sure.

Can you mount your projector to the ceiling?

PS: These posts about the Technique should probably be under another topic - maybe bubba can move this into the appropriate thread?

I will move to my trugolf thread I started awhile ago.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    I just saw this online- http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUGOLF-TECH...item2a273c5f46

In the description it says- "TRUGOLF also utilizes 3 acoustical sensors to provide further data on ball tracking."
    AND
    "used in conjunction with the largest ball flight data sampling (Trugolf has a 10 ft sample of ball flight info vs. others who have only a few ft. of ball flight info), which results in the most accurate system out there.
    Because of Trugolf's incredible degree of accuracy, Trugolf is the only simulator with the capability of reading your fade or draw and accurately simulating it. Other systems estimate the distance of your shot, unable to read fades or draws."

The one picture is also confusing. Is it using audio sensors to figure out which direction the ball is going on a 10ft long distance?
    Then it's saying about it's the only one which can accurately read a fade or draw on the market!

I didn't know the Trainer worked like that if true? What do you think?

Add is misleading. The trainer only uses the Trutrac sensors not the acoustic ball sensors. http://m.trugolf.com/technique_train..._simulator.php

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    10 ft sample of ball flight info? That's an outright lie for any of the Trugolf systems.

Hey All,

I can also confirm that the ad is false, as I JUST got mine!

1. The sensor is NOT the same as the TruTrack system, it is a smaller condensed version
    2. There are NO microphones to measure the ball

I have been trying to get a chance to go through it, but busy trying to make everyone's Xmas orders in on time

I will take a video of the components and set it up as soon as I have chance.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
    Cory

PS: There seems to be a growing trend of 'mis-prints' out there, so please everyone be careful and CONFIRM the data before ordering anything!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Par2Pro! I was kinda thinking it was an amazing deal and the Trainer is a lot better than I thought!

It does measure ball direction right? Or no ball measurements at all?

Thread Information