100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road

are online golf equipment stores worth it ?

does anyone ever purchase clubs through sites such as TGW , Golfsmith , Rockbottom, Edwin Watts etc and is it worth it once you add the surcharges, taxes ?

I use KNET and like the service , quality and price but have never bought any clubs online.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Depends on the deal and the shipping method. If it's not USPS it's a killer at the door with all of the brokerage and taxes.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Depending on what you're shipping, having it sent to the UPS Store in Ogdensburg is a good option. It's usually a pretty quick round trip. If you want more info, google is your friend.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    UPS store in ogdensburg is great...$5 a box. Definitely the way to go if you're making a big purchase. You end up paying U.S shipping costs instead of Canadian. I know a lot of people that use this method for everything from tires and sports equipment to electronics

thx for the feedback . I have been corresponding with TGW and unless you stumble on a fantastic deal ( not the everyday prices on the site ) by the time you factor in UPS shipping & customs & time + gas spent to drive to Ogdensburg it's pretty much a wash vs the amount you'd save ( or even on the losing end ).
    I'll spend my $ locally.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I buy from TGW and RockBottom quite often and ship to Ogdensburg and it is amazing how much money I save!!!
    They charge $5 per package to hold and if you order from TGW and use their online "helpers" they will often give you free US shipping and they are great at price matching from other US companies

And if you join TGW you get 10% off on asll orders, even sale prices.

I recently bought the AMP 3 Wood from TGW with discounts and all I paid $89 for it with $8 shipping and $5 UPS fee in Ogdensburg, so $102 US + the $20 gas it toook me to go there but I filled up in the US which was a savings also.
    Golf Town still had the same club for $219 + tax so I saved $130 on a fairway wood!!!

nice deal on the Cobra wood golfisforfun , unfortunately the PING gear I was looking at was only $20 cheaper than GT for a hybrid and $30 for a fw wood. So I would save a couple of bucks but not enough to entice me to pull the trigger ....for the time being. However I'll keep a lookout for better deals.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    PING stuff is always excluded from any sales I see on US websites...

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I've bought from 3ballsgolf.com and i've been extremely satisfied with the equipment i purchased , it was actually in much better condition than they rated it . Probably saved about $250 on a full iron set over retail prices in Canada.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I have purchased through golfsmith a couple times and have always been happy. They ship USPS and usually arrives within a week or so.

Thread Information