100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wind Mobile

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Wind Mobile

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a cheap all in cell phone plan for my kids and the big 3 can't even begin to touch Wind Mobile's offer.

Unlimited texting
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited local calling
    $29/month all in

My only concern is coverage/quality of the network. I realize that they don't have coverage across the country, but this isn't a concern to me because the phones are for my kids.

Does anyone have any experience with Wind Mobile? I'd love some feedback from a user before I take the plunge.

Thanks

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    The home zone is real small. I live in Kanata and Stittsville is outside and parts of Kanata are iffey as well. Check the wind home zone on the website and see where you are as well as where the kids may be when using it. It's all based from being inside the home. The price is great and for what I use it's pretty good for me.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best.

3 Wood petah is on a distinguished road
    I am currently using mobilicity and they have a current promotion, $25 all in deal which is the same as what you have listed. For the most part, i have no issues with reception but i do live in the city core, Baseline/Woodroffe area. It really depends on where you live.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    you can't go wrong with that pricing. the only real issue is with the network coverage, but if you are within the coverage are then you should be fine.
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    I have been with Wind now for a couple months and I have no issues with my Blackberry service from them at all. They deliver exactly what they promise, fair billing. I've been as far out as Fernbank in Stittsville, 10th Line/Charlemange in Orleans at Dunn D's in Chelsea without ever roaming out of the home zone. You should seriously consider them. Good Canadian company, and no raping fees.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    If you are roaming i.e. outside local coverage (viz 401 etc or in the states) windmobile charges are less than Rogers et al.
    For all intents and purposes your kids will @ wind home with
    Unlimited texting
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited local calling
    $29/month all in
    No system, no 911 fees!

To ensure that you do not incur roaming charges ask wind service to turn off the roaming feature.

Go figure
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    I have been with Wind now for a couple months and I have no issues with my Blackberry service from them at all. They deliver exactly what they promise, fair billing. I've been as far out as Fernbank in Stittsville, 10th Line/Charlemange in Orleans at Dunn D's in Chelsea without ever roaming out of the home zone. You should seriously consider them. Good Canadian company, and no raping fees.
    'tis
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Thread Information