100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sand Wedge Claydog is on a distinguished road

Anyone in the market for a GC2 ?

No, I'm not selling mine!....lol, Just wanted to let my fellow sim'rs know about a GC2 for sale at a fantastic price. A gentleman in Conneiticut closed his business and is selling his units. He has one left. I received a 6 mo old GC2 with fitting software and 5 courses and protective cradle all for $5k ! +actual shipping. I also purchased from him an Optima GT750E, a computer w/ the software installed, security dongle, cables,19" monitor kbrd and mouse and screen for $1k. You may not need that stuff but thats prob less than I would have paid otherwise. He doesnt have a screen for the last unit. I sent a check on Tues and had it in Texas on the next Wed. Fedex ground. Super nice guy and stayed in contact by phone and emailed everyday. I was crazy happy when I found it because I was about to buy the GC2 WITHOUT the software because its so dang high and I thought some looking for a deal would appreciate it. You can find it on craigslist in Conn./Hartford. He lives in South Windsor. Since I'm not the one selling I didnt put this in the for sale area...just a heads up for us sim'rs or anyone of your friends looking for one. If not appropriate just delete this post or let me know. If you want anymore info about what I received let me know. Someones going to get a great deal

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Good find claydog.

Not good to hear of a sim centre closing.

I know, sad. He is such a nice guy. Said that they had such a mild winter that the courses stayed open and people played outside, which I'm guessing usually doesnt happpen very often that far north. He didnt have enough business to carry him over.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I just read this and sent him an email. I'm seriously interested and in the same boat as you were in. I want one, but the retail cost for the package was really out of range. As a friend of mine has gotten into club building this summer, my focus has changed but I'd still like to play courses over the winter. At this price, I'd make the deal today!!

I know right! I was on pins and needles hoping he still had it....boy was I excited to find a deal like that. You just can't find any used ones. The only other one I could find in the nation was in Arizona and he wanted 17k, granted it came with a cage but still to high for me...and he wouldn't ship.

Now I just have to.....let's see...move a gas line, an a/c vent, two water lines a light fixture......configue and raise my ceiling,...no problem right? Lol...Thats before I can start the sim part of it...got it set up temporarily in there with 8' ceilings...what can I say couldn't wait! Good thing I'm not married eh? Lol....

I've got a GOOD wife =|;0-)

Apparently!....maaaybe just uninformed? jk, you're a lucky guy..mmm, maybe I was a bad husband?.....Nah! Couldn't of been me.....hahahaaa. I gave up golf for 5 yrs to shut her up...didn't work. She was jealous of golf. Well, golf IS my mistress. All kidding aside, she is a good person (in case she reads this), just can't live together. I know, too much info..sorry..lol. Now I'm playing golf again with my son and happy!

He Claydog, I didn't get it right the first time (or the second, for that matter). Third time lucky, for me - lol She even likes to mow the yard, so when the weather is nice, I'm on the golf course while she's riding the lawn tractor =|;0-)

Man wbealsd, does she have a sister?!! hahahaa Third times a charm I guess......2 for me sooooo.....

SD huh? Haven't been up there since Strugis of '09...mmm..lol

Down here in SE Texas we can play year round, and we do. Although with the oppressive heat in the summer with the humidity and temp of 95* it 'feels like' 107*+ w/ the heat index. It'll be nice to catch a few rounds in the a/c. Ya'll have the wind chill and no chance to play in the winter. And dang work interfers with golf during the week so simulation for play/practice was the obvious choice! Plus my son is really just starting so lot's of practice for him and I'm making swing changes so this is perfect. Just have to do the remodeling now...raise the roof as they say....BTW when women ask me what I'm remodeling for I tell them 'a home theater'....lmao...

Telling my wife the "big screen" can double for a home theater for "movie nights" didn't hurt my sales pitch any, either, Claydog =|;0-)

Lob Wedge Dansc is on a distinguished road
    Hey,
    I also would like to buy one. Is it still for sale? And if so can someone send me a link?

Thanks,
    Dan

Dansc, my understanding is that I just purchased the last of the four units he had available.

Lob Wedge Dansc is on a distinguished road
    Okay thanks for the update. Then I have to continue to search. I have to open a new thread because I am not exactly sure what I should buy (GC2, Pro Tee, Golfzon or Bravo).
    I am willing to spend more if I can get something that I can really enjoy. This forum is great

I agree Dansc, this forum IS great! There's more real information on simulators HERE than anyplace else on the internet and it comes from enthusiasts that offer real world experience.

Read through the sticky threads, follow the links in them and ask questions. You'll learn a LOT =|;0-)

Delivery Day

My wife unboxed the pallet to send me pictures at work today =|;0-)
    Attached Images

Just got my GC2 registered at the Foresight site, I'm now an official owner!!

Stop work, go home, set it up, play golf!

If this were any other weekend, that's exactly what I'd be doing CPA - lol. Unfortunately, I have to travel to attend the funeral of a family friend this weekend... but it will be put to the test in just a few days!! I'm just thankful I found out about the opportunity to purchase this package and everything worked out as it has.

Andegoulding
    Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    My wife unboxed the pallet to send me pictures at work today =|;0-)
    Wow! So THAT'S what Aladdin's Cave looks like. You lucky bugger

I am indeed a lucky bugger

Got home early this morning and got the GC2 fired up right after my morning coffee. All I can say is, WOW!

FWIW, my wife told me I used to look at HER like that -

And the good thing about the GC2 is that it is easy.

ONE of the good things, for sure CPA. LOTS to like about it

Went through my drivers yesterday afternoon and compared results, pretty much reinforced what I THOUGHT I knew about their performance but confirms WHY they perform the way they do. Now I know what to start looking for in my shaft selection. What worked well for me last Spring, now has too much side-spin, as my swing speed has improved. Swapped out my "player" for a lower loft and stiffer shaft last night

What driver are you playing?

I switched from an Adams F11 13 degree with an A flex to a Cleveland DST 12 degree regular shaft. Too much loft and sidespin on the Adams with the current shaft now.

I recently bought the RBZ and have been playing around with shafts.

As it was not many more $ to buy the RBZ Tour driver complete as opposed to the shaft separately I now have the Tour head to play around with.

will buy a few more shafts just to see the difference but will probably go the ebay option.

Anyone trust the shaft sellers on Ebay?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nothing beats going to the range and actually playing a few rounds with a club. I play the R11s with an extra stiff Xcalibur shaft. Best shaft pound for pound and per price point on the market. Wbeal you play an A flex, what is your swing speed. What launch angles are you getting?
    Last edited by bubba22; 09-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.

With the F11 A flex, I was averaging over 18 degree LA, with the DST R flex it was averaging about 13. I'm looking forward to having the time this Fall to really spend some time really learning "the numbers" and being able to try different combinations of clubheads and shafts!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Don't chase "the numbers" too much. Being able to hit the fairway with max accuracy and distance control is what matters. I agree that 18 degree launch angle is somewhat high. Play around with the different shafts for sure. What is your driver swing speed? What is your average driver distance?

Oh, I agree that straight and in play is definitely best for me. At my age (60 in December), I'll never win a long drive competition - lol My scores depend on staying in play and putting well!

Last year when I got fitted, my swing speed averaged 78 mph and I was netting around 185-190 yards off the tee. This year, after working on my release with my instructor, it's around 82, which may not seem like much, but it made a difference. By July, I started using a 3 wood off the tee, since my drives were getting a LOT of height but almost no roll and my drives were only netting about 175-180 yards and my 3 wood would net about 185-190. This weekend when I went back to my 12 degree DST with an R flex I was actually bouncing some balls off the 200 yard marker!! =|;0-)

My hope is, that with the GC2 I'll be better able to ensure my equipment stays fitted for me and I'll be better able to determine what I can do to continue to improve. One of the things I'm REALLY looking forward to is comparing the results of different golf balls, since despite being in better physical shape this year, improvements in swing speed will likely be more difficult as I age... (although, I hope that my "Caddy Shack" will help me stay in better shape year 'round).

Thread Information