100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Andegoulding

Best premium course for Optishot?

Hi all

It's my first post here but have I been lurking for some time. Congratulations on having the best resource pool for golf simulation on the entire net. Your reputation is truly global . Anyhow, bum-licking session over and down to business....

I have just ordered the Optishot based on the generally good feedback it seems to have received here (and the fact that I am only one step up from a pauper). It should arrive any day now. From the screen shots I have seen the included courses look a bit ropey so I am gonna treat myself to one premium course. Question is which one? I'm not really a fan of links-type courses so have ruled out those. Any suggestions? Cheers in anticipation............

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Just looked at the screenshots of the premium courses. All look pretty basic so I suggest you get some good advice as to which one has more realistic graphics.
    By the look of it Royal Melbourne IS NOT the one to choose.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I think you will be happy with the included courses to begin with. "Mountain black" was my favorite.
    Only bought 'Ponte Vedra' (Sawgrass) and thought that was pretty nice too.
    You need a good projector to see the details.
    Good luck with the Simulator

Andegoulding
    Thanks both. Will naturally try the included courses 1st and avoid Melbourne, lol. Well, since starting the thread and now my Optishot has arrived and I'm not happy . I ordered it from Amazon UK and they have sent me one with german instructions, a broken usb input and obvious signs of previous use. Gotta try and negotiate a replacement now.

8 Iron Riggy69 is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like a scam. I'm sure DD has online instructions and the USB is not that pricy. You will love most of the core courses. I bought Monteray Bay(pebble beach ) And love it and Melbourne, Atlanta highlands are great. So far the hardest, tightest course is pointa Versa (TPC). Good. Luck with your optishot.

Andegoulding
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggy69 View Post
    Sounds like a scam. I'm sure DD has online instructions and the USB is not that pricy.
    Hi. I don't think it was a scam as it's Amazon. I just put it down to ineptitude As for the USB, it was actually the gate-type thing which is moulded as part of the unit that has broken. No big deal really, but I've paid new money and I'd like new product. I'm quite capable of breaking it myself and would like that as my privilege. Just annoyed that with the collection and re-delivery I've probably incurred at least another week of waiting.

Thanks for your appraisal of the core courses I'm itching to give them a whirl. Will probably give TPC a miss then too if it's tight and technical. My golf's appalling (where 28's not enough) hence the hopefully game-improving Optishot. Just need to source a decent bang-for-buck graphics card while I'm waiting to make sure that the sim will be "all it can be"

Gap Wedge Qnub is on a distinguished road
    The only premium course I've tired so far is Ponte Vedra and I like it. Fun to play a course you've seen on TV for years. I've been debating for a while which one to get next and just bought Monterrey now and currently updating. Hope to try it later tonight.

Hope Amazon fixes thier mistake.

Andegoulding
    The unit is winging it's way back to Amazon even as I type. Just hope that the replacement wings it's way back just as quickly. Hope Monterrey ticks all the boxes for you. Let us know how you get on with it, I would be very interested to know.

Does anyone know which "UK" course is the best ? Also, is the the new course Windy city a free one ?

Andegoulding
    Completely not what you asked but I can thoroughly recommend the Carolina Ocean course. Really nice. Despite being a UK resident I really didn't fancy any of the UK courses from the screenshots and flyovers. They just looked a bit dodgy, but I stand to be corrected . Haven't heard anything about the Windy City one, I shall have a trawl......

Andegoulding
    Just checked the Dancin' Dogg site and Windy City is their latest "Premium" course. $49.95 I'm afraid.......

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    That must be Medinah, which is on Protee, GC2, GSA, etc....

Andegoulding
    It is indeed Medinah, and they have timed it to perfection, lol.

Thanks , I'll check the Carolina course. About to play golf in cold weather .....what a dream come true ;()

blitz12
    Any new recommendations for some good premium courses? Monterey bay and Ponte Vedra seem like good choices. How is course #2 (Pinehurst) and any others that are fun? Thanks for any help!

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    I have Ponte Vedre, Course No. 2 and Monterey. They are excellent. Red Wickers is also worth a go and don't forget about Valhall.

If you don't have any of these, I would pick up Ponte Vedre.

Gap Wedge sadness67 is on a distinguished road sadness67's Avatar
    Ponte is pretty tough, I think Red Wickers is my favorite.
    Live Simulator Chat @ http://*************.com

Thread Information