CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Unex Golf Simulator?

Is this basically the Optishot? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unex-Advance...#ht_2065wt_922 Any takers? Interesting!!!!!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Looks like the Optishot! But I like the buttons along side the unit to change clubs and all.
    This is their site?- http://unexgolfsimulator.com/

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Not bad with the buttons on the top unless you are left handed! Very low requirements with respect to graphics cards guess it will not be overwhelming screen graphics. But anyway good with some competition.
    Bubba22, are you ready to add to the simulator collection?
    Last edited by syhlif32; 08-16-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Not bad with the buttons on the top unless you are left handed! Very low requirements with respect to graphics cards guess it will not be overwhelming screen graphics. But anyway good with some competition.
    Bubba22, are you ready to add to the simulator collection?

I should get it!!!!!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I'll buy one and test it out - unfortunately the ebay auction ended and the website just says coming soon. Wondering if they are going to get sued into the stone age if the are just an Optishot knock off?

OK, bought one and its on its way... After speaking with the distributor it sounds like this is even less accurate than an Optishot (as it straightens out major hooks / slices), but they made it that way to increase the 'fun' factor so that golfers of all levels can play a round quickly and easily. From what they told me, they put these in mainly commercial golf centers in Korea - obviously for entertainment only

I do like the fact that they put controllers on the side of the sensor pad so that you don't have to go back and forth to the computer to change settings.

Hopefully I will get a chance to play with this before the end of the month and post a review.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Doesn't sound great. Keep us posted however.

Lob Wedge BobbycFlame is on a distinguished road
    Korean golf technology companies places more emphasis on entertainment and less on game improvement. Most innovations that come from Korea use mostly calculated data. I spent 8 years with a South Korean company and I know all the major players. If you look at companies such as Golfzon, XGolf, Sunnily, Ruikangle, Bravo, Albatross to name a few, you will see their graphics are all very similar (Anime or cartoon-like) and they try to develop fancy add-ons such as ball teeing, tilting floors and 3D Graphics. They do that because they need to cover up the fact that their products are not accurate due to their naive belief that their engineers are so smart and that their calculations are far superior than any measured device.Eveytime I have seen a Korean technology try to open up offices in the US and compete they shut down soon there after. Golfzon tried and failed and now Xgolf opened up and I heard they are failing miserably. They hired a guy from a US sim company and he realized that their lifespan would be short if they didn't adapt to the US market.Corey, didnt you say you were going to take a trip and go see Xgolf? What happened?

Hey Bobby,

My contact at XGolf who was going to fly me down to test it out was the US Sim guy. Since he left I haven't been in touch with them on the testing. I do need to get back on that though... among other things, but clients first

Putter Teege72 is on a distinguished road
    so ive been looking into getting a simulator because i just cant get enough golf. I'm in college so it's not like i have the money to go out and buy a 10,000+ simulator. I did some research and i found 2 affordable programs in the Optishot and whatever this Unex thing is, i cant find out too much about it. Anyway I'm going to get the full setup with the hitting cage and projector and impact screen so I can hit real golf balls. I was just wondering which one was better? I hear negative things about the optishot not being able to register higher swing speeds? I swing on average about 115mph but rarely over 120, would it have a problem registering my driver swings?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    so I figure that us older blokes have the dough to build a sim and get enough golf but as we are not in college dont get enough se. Those were the days!

How much cash do you have and what space?

edit; and what do you want to achieve- in golf that is

From what I can tell, the Unex is similair to the optishot but maybe even less accurate. Give us a review if you get it. Here are some links http://unexgolfsimulator.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg5dCK6bnDU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZmgmh4-Ss
    The technology looks like basically the Optishot 2 row reflective technology. Not fussy with the graphics vs Optishot.

Hey Teege,

Welcome to the wonderful world of sims...

I have both the Unex and the Optishot and the Unex has the advantage of the club selection, direction etc. buttons on the unit that you can use with the club, but that is where the advantages end.

The Optishot has a better course selection and better support.

Both systems use the same technology (infrared reflection) and both are more for entertainment than for accuracy. Both systems may not read the woods or the putter very well (if at all).

That being said, for the price of the systems, you would just need to decide if those college party nights would be easier with those buttons on the unit instead of having to stumble on over to the compter LOL

Hope that helps,
    Cory

Putter Teege72 is on a distinguished road
    thanks guys lol and all i really want to do is play golf! I live in the midwest and its way too cold to even think about hitting a golf ball outside and with the prices they charge to play on the simulators I figured I was just better off making my own! Just looking to be able to swing over the winter months. I'm going to go with the optishot then. Thanks for answering so quickly.

Good choice Teege.

No problems Teege - have fun with it!

PS: As long as your expectations are realistic I am sure that you will love it

Thread Information