100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Claydog is on a distinguished road

Any GC2'rs using the Android App?

Is it worth the $20? Is it any good and/or have more info than the GC2 screen? Wanting to have more info at the range like clubfitting/gaps, graphic info, shot history per club etc. without bringing a laptop to the range. I did look on Foresights page and in Google Play. As for Foresights page, tabletwise they only show it on an iPad and from what I can see it looks like decent info. On the Android it just shows the basic GC2 info on a phone. The Android app in google play has only one screenshot and it shows is the same the basic GC2 screen info. A youtube vid says it will save the shots but doesn't say anything beyond that. I guess no need for it if it only shows whats on the GC2 screen?
    thnx

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Unless you want to avoid taking laptop to range I would save the $.

no extras huh? nuff said...thanks

They have updated the app and it now crashes if I press settings. Cannot even connect!

Prior to that no extras.

Sand Wedge Dwayne is on a distinguished road
    I downloaded the app to my phone and it seems to work ok for me. I haven't updated it since I downloaded it. When I checked my credit card statement the app had been billed twice. I put in an inquiry about the billing and they assured me it was only billed once but my cc was definitely billed twice.

I haven't tried my gc2 at the range yet due to the high temperatures here now. I've just been using it in the simulator.

Thanks Dwayne....yeah, I only wanted it if it had more info than the GC2 screen itself. And with the limited app info available I appreciate everyone's input...so not going to buy it at this time.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Looks like the app has two screens now. Worth a try for $20. http://www.appszoom.com/android_appl....html?nav=mfta

CPA, have you been using this new version?

app auto updates

use bluetooth to computer so don't use, cant have 2 bluetooth connections at once.
    May when I go to range.

Asics
    ZMax, I was told that there is a new app forthe Ipad under development that is supposed to be ready for the PGA show next month. Don't know if the android will be updated at that time or not. I have the current android app. It is useful if you are hitting with GC2 when it is not hooked up to a computer because it will give you a depiction (albeit a flat depiction) of ball flight. Otherwise, the computer software is much better.

Asics, any noticeable delay from the finish of the swing to when the data gets on the tablet?

Asics
    I've only used it a time or two, but don't remember a noticeable delay. I don't own an android tablet...I was sending it to an outdated android phone. I didn't think I would use it enough to justify buying a tablet. I would like something like the new Flightscope app, but in speaking with the Foresight rep I didn't get the impression their new one would be comparable.

Thanks Asics. I'm leaning towards the CG3 and will need a tablet to show the spin numbers. I do have an Android phone but a 7" or 10" tablet would look better.

Anybody heard of Bluestack? It's currently in Beta. It allows you to run Android apps on you pc. It doesn't support the PC's Bluetooth yet, when it does, it would be a very cool option.

Thread Information