CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Is Creative Golf 3D the same as 3dgolfdesign?
    - No

Does Mike Jones belong to two golf software companies?
    - Where are you seeing that Mike Jones is tied to Creative Golf 3D?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Don't confuse 3Dgolfdesign(Parallel) with GolfBlaster 3D(New Foresight software).

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Zmax. That answers my question. 3Dgolfdesign is Parallel software

Purchased the Links 2003 download yesterday so I could play a round with Mike Jones Crytal Pines and Pilgrim Trails courses. The courses were very impressive and I am now really looking forward to the Perfect Parallel software.

Big A
    I came across this thread looking to see if the Perfect Parallel/Perfect Golf name has come up anywhere else on the web. I thought I could answer a few of the questions that were presented here, as I have followed Mike Jones through his Links days for years. I have no affiliation with PP and don't mean to speak for them or Mike, but...

Mike is a former pro golfer who jumped into designing courses for the Links series. They have been known to be some of the best out there. Over time, he decided to use the Links course design software (APCD...Arnold Palmer Course Designer) to start his business in 3DGolfDesign. The stuff you see on that particular website uses the old Links 2003 APCD, along with photoshop. The work is pretty impressive as the APCD is pretty powerful, even for a 2003 game.

I'm not sure how or when Perfect Parallel actually got its start behind the scenes (though I know publicly it wasn't that long ago), but the Mike Jones in that project is the same. The course design software will seem to work pretty similarly to the APCD of Links 2003 in terms of capability, but also have features for someone less skilled technically to build the course. The reason you see Crystal Pines in both Links 2003 and in the preview screens for Perfect Golf is they are able to take the framework of courses from Links 2003 and convert them into their own software. Some of the courses may be the same, but the game will render them completely different as Perfect Golf seems to be headed towards a fully 3d game, opposed to the more 2d aspect of the Links game.

Mike, being a former pro golfer and having extreme attention to detail, I think will make the game more of a "sim" than a "game".

Also, in terms of pay structure, I think it will have a pay as you play type function...like a monthly subscription. This is just speculation but has been hinted by Mike in another forum. A different sim that I know we both have played (iRacing.com) uses this type of method. Obviously, the more time you pre-purchase the cheaper it is.

I think Perfect Golf is going to be pretty awesome and will give the other games and sims a run for their money. I'm not super familiar with any of the in-home sim software (where you hit a ball into a net/screen/whatever), so I can't compare to that at all, but I know MJ will try darn hard to make it the best possible software for the true golf fan.

Big A, thank you for the information. I'm a big fan of Links2003 and have download some of Mike Jones creations such as Crystal Pines. What we have seen so far of Perfect Golf looks pretty good. I truly hope he doesn't lock himself up with FullSwing golf.

For Protee users, Protee tried to contact the folks at Parallel software but got no response. I've tried myself and also got no response.

Thanks for that Big A

Not many around here will be happy with pay as you play. I also have my sim setup for the playstation and now have F1 2012 for pc. Now have a Fanatec Csw wheel and pedals, both BMW GT and F1 rims but have not dared to go to the iracing world as l am still Cr@# at driving race Car. perhaps I should just for the pay as yon play experience.

Given Fss pricing it may workout cheaper over the software life? How much does iracing 8 hours a week cost?

Big A
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Thanks for that Big A

Not many around here will be happy with pay as you play. I also have my sim setup for the playstation and now have F1 2012 for pc. Now have a Fanatec Csw wheel and pedals, both BMW GT and F1 rims but have not dared to go to the iracing world as l am still Cr@# at driving race Car. perhaps I should just for the pay as yon play experience.

Given Fss pricing it may workout cheaper over the software life? How much does iracing 8 hours a week cost?

I haven't been on iRacing for about a year, but it was about $12/month paying by the month. I think a year subscription brought it to about $7/month or so...going off vague memory. So whether you race 1 hour, or 100 hours in a week, it doesn't make much of a difference. I loved iRacing, but my good computer took a crap and haven't replaced it with anything iRacing worthy since.

Thanks for the info Big A.

Check out the camera views on the latest development blog. Quite impressive as are the total graphics package.

http://optimalflight.com/

So at the very least this optimal flight software may show it is possible to suck the data out of a GC2 whithout paying Foresight a fortune and Perfect parallel may be an option in the future......be careful what you charge Foresight.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    That looked to be off topic, but good tie-in back to perfect parallel.

I think the problem there is that foresight controls the integration with their hardware and can pick and choose who they license to use their SDK. So, they likely licensed it to the optimalflight folks, but probably wouldn't license it to anyone integrating with a competitive simulation software...since they make a fortune off that with their crazy prices.

The PP software continues to look good. I'd like to see a more basic fly-along-with-the-ball camera that doesn't swing and pan...just flies along fairly close to it with a good angle. From the sound of it, users will have a lot of control over camera options though, so i'm sure it will be covered off.

At $9.95 the licence for the SDK must have been pretty cheap. The new gc3 driving range is much more than that and to buy that you must have base pack.

I will email PP and see if they can approach Foresight for SDK at same price as optimal flight.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Anybody seen a flyover on Perfect parallel software.
    Starting to wonder if it is just pretty 2D pictures we are all waiting for?

Gap Wedge GMR is on a distinguished road
    Is it just me or is the perfectparallel.com website suddenly inoperable? Hopefully there's just a downed server or they forgot to pay a bill...

EDIT: Appears to be back up and operational :-D
    Last edited by GMR; 11-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Anybody seen a flyover on Perfect parallel software.
    Starting to wonder if it is just pretty 2D pictures we are all waiting for?
    Looks like the flag is moving in the video of 16th hole at Augusta. Water looks like it would move as well.

http://www.perfectparallel.com/trackman/

Interesting announcement from PP. Does not state if this will be an exclusive agreement or not...

Not exactly the news most of us wanted to hear!

LOL...They don't respond to Protee but signed a deal with TM? How many people are going to spend $25K+ to put a TM+PP indoors to use as a simulators, considering that you can't putt or do small chips? I still have yet to see evidence of the TM measuring spin axis indoors. And how's the Flightscope TBox working out???

I would rather get a GC2 or buy the Aboutgolf 3track in pieces.
    Last edited by ZMax; 11-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Ya this makes no sense if its exclusive. I know that protee has tried to contact them with no reply. Its a shame but if Trackman is exclusive then all I can say is good luck to them!!

I will email them to see if it is exclusive. They may make a few $ out of it but nowhere near the amount of supply to all sims.

Let us know if you get a reply CPA!

Also left a few comments on their site......go for it everyone

Confirmed non-exclusive!

AndrewJNovember 19, 2012 at 10:36 pmReply
    No it is not an exclusive agreement. We will be working to incorporate through agreements all forms of input mechnisms.

Yeh

Great news!

Protee owners, lets cross our fingers and toes. Same for the Golfblaster3D....

At least Protee may sell it cheap. Imagine Foresight charging the earth.

Thread Information