100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    So I can stop sawing up for the Trackman?
    Did not get that fare anyway

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    At least Protee may sell it cheap. Imagine Foresight charging the earth.
    And then some!!!!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

I just heard back from Trackman:

"Our Danish team is working on the project. Currently, it is in its infancy stages and thus it will be some time before we see anything emerge."

I'll post more when I get more updates.

Big A
    PP just announced their Kickstarter program. The only golf I've done the last few years is outdoors, but thought some of you may be interested in helping out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tgolf?ref=live

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Is it just me or is video game golf less fun than it should be? I am happy to fly spaceships, shoot demons and drive race cars on the screen. Mouse and keyboard or controller are nothing like a yoke in your hands, butt against your shoulder or shifting a manual but it's still fun. So why is golf different? Jiggling the joystick is nothing like swinging a club and it takes the fun away? Maybe because in videogame golf I am an awesome golfer bombing 300 yard drives. On the other hand in real life I don't have a spaceship, would probably vomit in terror if i saw a demon and have the dents in my car to demonstrate my skills. So I guess this is a long winded way of saying I am not excited about Perfect Parallel's plans. Now, if they mentioned integration with a golf simulator where you could actually swing a club and be just as terrible at it as you are in real life, now that I find interesting. Maybe that makes me a masochist but I think only those who thrive on disappointment can enjoy golf.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    They just made a deal with Trackman and are definitely open to integrating with other sims.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for info - I thought I had read that before but didn't see it on the Kickstarter page. I guess we sim folk are a small part of their picture.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    The campaign has "June 2014" listed as the estimated delivery date for the project. Hopefully the final release isn't that far off. I know they're looking at releasing beta versions in the new year, but it would be a long time to wait if the final release is a year and a half away.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I get the feeling that this project is going to be primarily for pc users (the masses). I don't think the sims will be a high priority.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I am sure it will primarily be for gaming but that might be a good thing as they will developed more courses with a larger user base.
    The Simulator part should 'only' be an interface but that could add months to the release on simulators.
    How long time did it take you to make your interface Rdh

Think they will be finished earlier, they are from Buffalo, NY so they will not be wasting time on watching playoff games

Sorry for the delayed response...merry Christmas guys.

It took me a couple months to fully build my interface, but keep in mind I was building integration between my hardware and GSA Golf, which had already been set up to be suitable for simulator use. i.e. the software had the golfer removed and the camera angle adjusted, and the various other changes made to facilitate use as a simulator and not a PC golf game. So, they will have work to do. I know their main focus (apart from golf visualization projects) will be to create a PC golf game, but I think red chain has made far more money off of their simulator deals than their PC game sales...so I think there's a good chance it will be a very important component to what perfect parallel does.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about where PP is going. They are not giving a clear indication of their focus. Now they are asking for funding to continue their efforts. I do hope I am wrong!

I think their kickstarter campaign is a long shot. You'd expect all their followers to jump in early and pledge to help out, but so far they have less than $10K pledged of their $300K goal. Maybe they'll be doing some hardcore promotion over the next month to try to drive that number up, but they have a LONG way to go.

I would never contribute to a project that doesn't have a plan. There doesn't seem to be any timelines on this project but merely running by the seat of their pants.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I agree guys. But at least they have videos and screen shots to show, along with an agreement with Trackman. Shouldn't Red Chain have a screen shot or two to show by now?

The other new sim software is Creative3D. Which is finished but only available for the GC2 at the moment. Would love to also have it as an option on the Protee.

I am disappointed with Red Chain as well. It appears that only the shooters out there are being looked after while we golfers are left in limbo.

Thread Information