CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

Perfect parallel software

Anyone following the Perfect parallel Blog?

http://www.perfectparallel.com/blog/

Our scores are going to go to what with every one trying to hit it in the bunker because they are so good and trying to hit the tee markers to hear the different sounds!!
    Last edited by CPA; 08-10-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Yep...i've been watching it. I see they've also added some more screenshots to their home page (one from Pebble) that look pretty amazing.

Gap Wedge GMR is on a distinguished road
    That current simulator software graphics look like they're straight out of TW2002 has been one of the main factors keeping me from pulling on the trigger on a system. It's been very frustrating to watch the advancement of graphics in the video game world to amazing near-photorealistic levels, only to be extremely underwhelmed by a piece of software that constitutes a major investment.

Finally, though, I see some glimmer of hope on the horizon! I just hope the Perfect Parallel software will be compatible with some of the preferred hardware out there (GC2?), will be available at a reasonably affordable price, and/or will kick some of the other software players who have been sitting around enjoying the fat spreads from the current generation ($1k per course? really?) into gear so that we can actually have some good healthy competition in this market.

Who knows, maybe the availability of choices that don't look like they were cutting edge a decade ago will even help drive some excitement and get some folks like me to stop sitting around and watching, and actually (finally) pull the trigger!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Finally, though, I see some glimmer of hope on the horizon! I just hope the Perfect Parallel software will be compatible with some of the preferred hardware out there (GC2?), will be available at a reasonably affordable price, and/or will kick some of the other software players who have been sitting around enjoying the fat spreads from the current generation ($1k per course? really?) into gear so that we can actually have some good healthy competition in this market.

Who knows, maybe the availability of choices that don't look like they were cutting edge a decade ago will even help drive some excitement and get some folks like me to stop sitting around and watching, and actually (finally) pull the trigger![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! This software, if it meets my expectations is just what I have been waiting for. Hopefully the price point won't deter the majority of simmers from purchasing it. Also, I hope it will be available for many simulation platforms.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Let us not forget that without a realistic golf engine the pretty pictures aren't going to cut it.

That said it is great they lift the bar up on the graphics.

What would be considered a reasonable price?

Depends, but would probably spend $1,500 or $2k for for something that really got me excited if it comes with a decent collection of courses (at least 5) and a range and/or club fitting option. Maybe more, maybe less, but I will make up my mind when I actually have the option.

Agree with you that the realistic golf engine is essential, although in this day in age physics simulation has advanced to the point that I would almost take decent physics as a given for software that so much work has clearly gone into. That said, would make me all the more dissapointed if they could not deliver on that front.

Sand Wedge Claydog is on a distinguished road
    I think $50-$70 per course is reasonable, but that's still high to the thrifty part of me...just sayin! And of course discounts if you buy packs of courses. Unfortunately we are stuck in the 'recreation' catagory with sims...like motorcycle and boat parts...they charge a premium for parts as these things are not considered a necessity...well to us they are!! ...lol. Even the thrifty part of me would pay extra for a superior product. I think the problem is we feel we are getting ripped paying so much for the same old graphics/courses. The clue to when the new engine for Red Chain (GC2) or another choice is getting ready to come out is when they tempt us with deals on the 'old' courses/packs....then you know the new stuff is close.

Agreed that one of the biggest drawbacks pricing-wise is the outrageous cost of courses. The fact of the matter is that charging any more than $100 (at MOST) per course once you already own the system is just not doable for me. Maybe in a commercial setting, but not for me.

I am well aware of the economics and realistic enough to understand that these courses take on the order of 80 hours to create and are being sold to a very limited market. But until courses are being sold at no more than the cost of the average video game out there (think they're $60 last I checked?), that's what the market will remain: limited.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I also have been keeping close watch on this. I agree that the cost should kept down at the 50 to 100 range. The problem in the GC2 I that the majority of their sales and market is with the retailers and fitters as opposed to the home simulators. I hope that changes a bit to allow the prices to come down. With the other sims (such as Protee, GSA, Trugolf, Sportscoach) they have a bigger market to the home user.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Which is kind of strange on their part. There are only so many fitters and so many millions more home users. The business plan never made sense to me. Cut the price in half and I suspect they would get more than twice the sales to make up for it. Do the $3000 flat panel TVs sit in the warehouses? No, they are flying out by the truckloads and you can only watch golf on them!

I would like to see a system like Optishot have where there are Premium courses for commercial course designer so they can make some money. If they are good!
    And then courses free to download from people that just design for the fun of it.
    Pretty sure the market will depend on the PC game side and there are no way they will pay $100 for a course!

Keep in mind these companies approach the PC game market differently from the simulator market. You can get the red chain software for next to nothing for the PC game version, and all of the courses can be downloaded free. It's just on the simulator side that the various VARs have their much-higher pricing structures (especially Foresight).

Absolutely true rdh!

I have no problems with the simulator software is higher priced than the PC game version after all it is a completely different market.
    What I do not like about the Red Chain model is they basically copy and reformat the courses people are building for the benefit of their fellow players and then sell the same courses to us the simulator users.
    Must be a better business model?

Rdh you should contact PP and offer to port it to the Golftek simulator after all you would be the perfect candidate for that!

Don't worry...i already have. Just for myself though...i don't have the level of expertise to properly create it for resale, and it's only for the Pro 7 (not ST1), so there's a very limited market i think. I'm hoping they'll be open to letting me integrate it myself. Although...my putting sensor has now died (found out this weekend). I've contacted red chain to look into an option to manually type in the number of putts (so scores can be realistic as opposed to turning on gimmies "on green") so hopefully it'll still be usable. Depressing...guess I'm a step closer to having to replace it.

So rdh there I no one in Golftek that may be able to get you snot her putting mat? Can you use the main sensor board to putt? How about contacting John at Custom Golf Design http://www.thegolfsale.com/the_affor...us_golfers.htm . He seems to be revamping the ST1 so maybe h can help.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Creating avitars is a good indication they are shooting for the computer game market. Anyone sending them email telling what we want for a sim?

Good on you Rdh let us know if they want you to adapt to your system. That would be a good sign for all of us that they are into the simulator market and getting ready.

Think that it is good they focus on the PC market, in the end that is the market which will drive the course design.

I got a response from the perfect parallel guys. It was very brief with no details, just to say that yes, they are open to working with me on this. So, while it's not carved in stone, I think it's a good indication they will be open to adapting to other hardware and have not been locked in to any exclusive arrangement yet.

That is great news, RDH. I just wonder how long it will be before we can get our sweaty palms on it.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Need to get the ball rolling first...

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Wow, you go rdh! Keep us posted

Andegoulding
    Are there any absolutes on this software yet? Target market? Platforms supported? Expected roll out date? I've scoured their website, but they aren't revealing too much except for absolutely sumptuous screenshots and videos. I know that one or two people on here are a little more "in the loop"..... Any developments anyone?

All I've heard is that they're going to have a "kickstarter" campaign for people to donate money to support their development work, and those donors will receive the first beta of the software (for PC gameplay...likely not simulators) by the end of the year. So they've said anyway.

Andegoulding
    I wonder what they mean by "development work"? Perfecting what they've got or increasing the catalogue of courses? Either way, three months before a roll out (of sorts) has got to be good news. I'll be waiting with bated breath. Might even use the time sensibly to start assembling a kick-arse pc and a decent projector setup. Cheers rdh

Is this software the same as 3dgolfdesign? If so, has anybody downloaded any of Mike Jones courses and played them in Links 2003?

Nope, not the same Psace - they are two different companies and two different engines.

I have played on the LS3 software on the Full Swing system and the graphics are good but all stationary renders.

Thanks Cory. However, the graphics on the 3dgolfdesign website look very similar to the ones on the perfect parallel blog. They even have the Crystal Pines course on both web sites. The fact that Mike Jones is involved in both programs led me to believe they are one in the same? I realize that the Links engine is 2 dimensional.

Hey Psace, I double checked with one of the development guys at Creative 3D and there is no correlation to Perfect Parallel.

Alrighty then, I am really confused. Is Creative Golf 3D the same as 3dgolfdesign? Does Mike Jones belong to two golf software companies?

Thread Information