CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road

Joined the sub-70 club

I'm a 6 handicap - down to a 4.2 now because of recent good play, and my lowest round ever and only sub par round was a 71, one under par. I've had a few 72's and 73's but could never really break through. I've had some good rounds lately, but found a way to 'fold like a cheap tent' on the last few holes.

Played in a doubles match last week at Predator, I bogied 1 with a 3 putt, birdied 2 and 3, parred 4 to 15, then birdied 16, parred 17 and made a 12 footer for birdie on 18.
    Add it up for a 69!

My playing partners made sure to not mention my score (although I knew where I was) and really didn't look at me from 16 to 18, they just let me do my thing. It was an amazing day - the hole looked 8 inches wide, 8 footers felt like tap in's. I was in the zone for sure. I had 27 putts, hit every fairway, missed 6 greens but got up and down each time. Very cool day.

I followed it up with an 80 the next day- back to reality!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Congrats! Did you try thinking about something else down the stretch to avoid the cheap tent collapse?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    That's great, bud! May the golf gods continue to shine their light upon you...lol!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    Well to be honest, it was very hard not to think about score, and what it would feel like to be 2 or 3 under for the round, what it would fell like to tell my friends about it etc. After my previous 2 collapses in 2 weeks, I did start to read the Bob Rotella book 'Golf is a game of Confidence'. Its all about 'playing one shot at a time, focusing on the process and not the result etc'. I know those are cliche's but they are true - if you focus on the result and not the shot ahead of you, you won't have a result to worry about, because it will be poor. It was tough to keep my thoughts straight, and it was hard to focus, but I'm happy I was able to power through it and stay focused.

Thanks for the congrats - its was a cool feeling and that is the great thing about golf, it feels the same the first time you break 100, or 90, or 80 or 70.

7 Iron Roach is on a distinguished road Roach's Avatar
    Great job! I hope the season keeps going well for you
    Will I learn how to chip?

Thread Information