CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

Motionview Advanced video analysis

Just pressed the button on Motionview advanced- $225 and a second PS3 Eye Camera.

this will upgrade my video analysis to 2 cameras at 75 fps and be able to do 4 simultaneous screens so I can compare to a pro side by side- back and side view at same time.

Anyone with Motionview advanced can give me some tips before I setup- especially with the auto record settings.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I had the standard Motionview but no longer using it. Was ok. CPA did you ever try Kinovea http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/index.php ?

looked at if but did not see it had 2 cam setup or mic trigger.

The motionview is a bit annoying as mic record does not work the same as v1, v1 works by constant recording of video to buffer and creates file only as long as you tell it to (with impact at a point you specify). Motionview is on constant record and only creates a file at trigger then displays the last amount of seconds you specify- the file is bound to be big and needs trimming later. It is good for immediate review but not later analysis.
    The 2 cams are saved in different files which is a pain- I would prefer something like iswing where the one file has a down the line and side view you can toggle between or display in split screen at the same time.

So it looks as if the ultimate video tool is still out there. It needs:

2 cam view saved in same file- can toggle between or display at same time
    4 split screens so you can compare all views to pro
    easy sync so you can look at the pro video in sync with your swing
    mic trigger same as v1- records to buffer then saves file of fixed time with impact at point you specify.
    auto file saving (v1 is a pain) perhaps in subfolder with date
    imediate video review.
    usb cams so I can use PS eye at 75 fps.
    Not the price of v1 for 2 cams- $250 max
    perhaps auto calculation of swing path angle from dtl cam

Any features I missed?

Anyone know of something close?

Edit- and yes works and is saved in the Foresight GC2 club fitting screen so the ball (and club....) data is saved/linked to the video file. Not asking for too much am I?

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    CPA:
    In the past there has been problems running two PS3 web cams even with the multi-cam driver.
    You can check on Kinovea if they got it to work.
    The forum there is very active and you can ask if anybody got a two cam (ps3) version up running!

I would also like to see the ball/ club info linked to the video. Maybe the info send to the android/ iphone can be used?
    Guess you are not 100% happy with the Swingbyte?

Re the swingbyte, they need to fix the targetline and I will test further.

On another forum there have been reports that putting it a 2 oclock gives better numbers.

Thanks for the info re 2 ps3 eye cams. The second one is n the mail so I will find out soon.

edit checking out the code laboratories website it looks as if 2 cams are no problem.
    have emailed them to get confirmation of how to go about it.

Further edit looking at this post it may be as easy as trial and error in connection of the 2 ps3 eye cams on different usb bus using the free cleye driver

http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=600
    Last edited by CPA; 07-24-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Just an update.....

Got the 2nd pseye cam and installed dual cam code labs driver.

They work as the test program shows the 2 cams running at 75fps.

Now just have to get motionview to see both cams as the cam setup page can only see 1 pseye cam, guess it is something to do with the config file you need to put on the motionview directory but at that point I am lost.

Code labs have not responded and their forum seems dead or dying.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Have you thought about using a slower cam for a down the line view? Things are not changing so fast on that view.
    If I recall right there is no way to rename the second Ps3 cam so external programs (windows) have a hard time figure out that there are two different cams.

I don't think Codelab driver supports 2 PS2eye cams unless something new has developed.

yes Bubba it has developed. As I said I have installed the driver for 2 cams - meant to be free for home use but could see no way to get the 2 credits I needed so cost $20.

Once it is installed the multi cam cl test program for Win7 shows video on the 2 cams.

Have emailed both Motionview and codelabs asking for the way to display the 2 cams in motionview.

CPA, I understand there is multiple cam driver credits which I have purchased. The issue is the driver does not support multiple cams with direct show. I have tried but no able to get 2 cams workin within a program with direct show. This may help http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/905/ I encourage you to email Alex P, the developer of the driver. Let us know if you figure it out

Further update

Motionview responded and said that they use direct show in windows and the code labs driver is probably not registering the eye cams as seperated devices.

Looking on the code labs forum 1 July post
    " We are currently working on a commercial version of the driver that will (among other improvements) add support for multiple PS3Eye cameras and expose them via DirectShow. We will release a beta version of this driver as soon as we finalize development and testing."

So 2 pseye cams are possible in the .........near........future.

Edit
    Thanks Bubba we were posting at the same time.

I should have posted before you purchased the multicam driver as I found I to be a waste of money. My apologies, may have saved you some money. What we all need is multiple ps3eye cams for direct show applications. I think it will come but has been a long time developing by Alex. Can't be too upset as he is providing the driver "FREE".

Don't worry, I agree the $ 20 donation to Alex is justified for the free driver and to ensure future development.

Thread Information