100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SGX and Travel

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar

SGX and Travel

What options do I have to upload courses while travelling? My unit is not the wi-fi SGX.
    My group books courses with *** and I can't download from home since I won't know which courses we'll golf at. Also, instead of Phoenix, we're heading to St. Petersburg and need some advice for courses. I have an iphone if that helps.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    You would need a computer that you can install the skygolf plugin, an usb port, and the internet. Without a computer, I don't think you can download the advanced features. There are 30000 courses on the SGX itself though, just with only the basic green info.

I assume you have a membership that includes the US?

Yes, I got the SGX because of it's features, had UPro Go before with no downloads and I wanted an upgrade, plus it died in Scottsdale. The wi-fi unit is very expensive. Skycaddie's trade-in program values my unit at $125 and I've used it twice. I like the view of holes you get with a GPS. The fees and downloading is becoming a PITA, I suppose that is an argument for a laser!!!

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    yeah unfortunately if you don't know which courses you are playing in, is a tough one. Do you travel with a laptop?? maybe instead of investing in a laser range finder since you already have the SGX, you should invest in a netbook which will cost you around 200-300 bucks... Wifi you will find anywhere you go in the US: Panera bread, starbucks, mcdonalds, etc...

good luck
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Don't have a laptop, my double eagle membership was costly to include the US for 1 week of golf. The netbook is almost the value of a V2 and carrying a laptop increases my weight restrictions on flights. I usually stuff my golf travel bag and a carryon, so room and weight is a concern. Travelling to Phoenix was simple in terms of what clothes to bring, no rain and hot.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    I think the unit holds 50 courses. I would look up the tampa/st petersburg area and pick 50. You may get lucky.

Thread Information