100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter hilden31 is on a distinguished road

Simulator for indoor multi sports center

Currently have a indoor batting cage and pitching facility. There have been a lot of inquiries about adding an indoor golf simulator. There is nothing like this in the area and it would be mostly for entertainment I assume. Would anyone have any recommedations for which would be the best for this setting? I have no experience with a simulator so I would rely heavily on good customer support. Trugolf and Fullswing are the only that I am vaguely familiar with. Any input or opinions is appreciated. Thanks.

Pitching Wedge pengki is on a distinguished road
    im thinking of adding a trackman or gc2 to my trugolf, vector is more realistic though due to budget.

then i reckon it would be up there in accuracy against the other sims that uses e6.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Trackman or GC2 to the Trugolf? They won't work "together". Why not just sell the Trugolf and then get the Trackman or GC2? A bit pricey?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hilden31 View Post
    Currently have a indoor batting cage and pitching facility. There have been a lot of inquiries about adding an indoor golf simulator. There is nothing like this in the area and it would be mostly for entertainment I assume. Would anyone have any recommedations for which would be the best for this setting? I have no experience with a simulator so I would rely heavily on good customer support. Trugolf and Fullswing are the only that I am vaguely familiar with. Any input or opinions is appreciated. Thanks.
    Are you looking to set up yourself? If so you cannot go past the GC2. Just mark the left handed spot so unit can be moved. Get protective cradle.

Th big problem with the GC2 in a comercial setting is the left/right players. Hard to get around that for indoor rental setup. Certainly in Canada (due to more lefties probably from hockey) it would be a challenge. About golf, Fullswing, HD golf are good options. Depends on your clientele.

Lob Wedge markryangolf is on a distinguished road
    I am in a similar situation and have been researching different technologies for the past few months for winter golf here in Chicago. I think that I am going to go with an Xgolf system. They are Korean based technology that has been on the Asia market for around 10 years. I like that they have an auto teeing and feeding system and a shift changing plate for the lie degree that your ball has in the fairway. After speaking with the sales guy, seem to really focus on keeping their customers happy for the long term, which is important to me. Anyway, just a thought for you, best of luck!

-MR

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Th big problem with the GC2 in a comercial setting is the left/right players. Hard to get around that for indoor rental setup. Certainly in Canada due to more lefties .
    I tested it yesterday. If you mark the spot for gc2 feet all you have to do is move the gc2. It would be aligned by the markings. There is no need to do anything with software as the gc2 tells it if the ball is placed for right or left hander and registers shot accordingly.

MR tell us how you go with accuracy.
    Last edited by CPA; 07-12-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Out of curiosity, any commercial indoor places using the GC2?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Out of curiosity, any commercial indoor places using the GC2?
    Fron their website Bubba

"Used by the biggest names in golf.

Featured in the corporate and VIP fitting studios of Cobra/Puma, Cleveland Golf, Adams Golf and Fujikura, as well as the R&D labs of TaylorMade and PING, our GC2-powered Performance Simulation solutions are used by the most trusted and respected brands in golf. "

Every Golf Retail outlet in my City uses them.

Glasgow Golf Centre
    Inner City Golf Sydney
    Chase Golf Club
    OCindoorgolf

are on the first 2 pages of a google search. Any near you Bubba?

Besides the right/left issue- which as I said takes a few seconds- are there any issues you can see Bubba?

I see that the retailers etc use the GC2 but I meant any golf simulator bays were people go play for fun. I agree with you CPA that there are no issues besides the left right for indoor simulator places. I think John from Custom Golf Design is coming out with a device to allow easy, fast turning of the unit to allow for lefties and righties.

3 out of the 4 googled were sim centres.

Swapping left to right is as simple as picking it up and moving it 60 cm- 2 foot, onto pre marked spot.

Seems simple enough but would be a pain. I think John at Custom Design is coming up with a device that you simply rotate to face the lefty then rotate to face the righty. There are no sim centers in the TO area that use the GC2 as there main sim for playing. Several for fitting however.

Bubba I think it is just a slider for his divot action/sand action mat- just moves along to each mat rather than swapping for left/right.

The only pain would be if a noob dropped the gc2 from a great height and broke it.

Edit

found it- slides as expected

http://customdesigngolf.com/portable...me_better_.htm

anothe edit

watch the video- it does turn around for lefties, this would mean different areas of the mat to hit off- approx 60cm- 2 ft apart.

would affect the screen setup but if Foresight worked with it in the software you could specify the different hitting positions for left and right handers.

The effect at the moment is that the ball would hit the screen 30cm-1 ft from where the ball then starts on screen. And when you are lining up the targetline would be the same distance off.

Just watched the video and this looks great!! Excellent option for the left/right issues. Very exciting!!!!

John

Can you advise of the solution to the gc2 sim setup of the left and right hitting from different positions as above;

" The effect at the moment is that the ball would hit the screen 30cm-1 ft from where the ball then starts on screen. And when you are lining up the targetline would be the same distance off."

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Got my PositionTrack from CDG and took a quick vid:
    http://youtu.be/w9Tk_87G7JU

John is sending me the one that rotates and we will take another video with the GC2 on it. I agree that the 'offline' will be a problem. I don't think that Foresight will do anything unless there is enough demand from users like us or unless John can work something out with them (or maybe both lol).

Cory

I notice you did not have the protective cradle on the video.

Does the GC2 fit on positiontrack with protective cradle on?

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Nope, well not at least at this point.

However I just heard from John and Foresight that they are working together on developing something that will work properly. This could be great - hopefully the price stays reasonable though

Thread Information