CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge BobbycFlame is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing: Online coaching is history? What about their online play?

A while back I learned that P3ProSwing was working on an Online Coaching program that was schedule to launch this summer. I spoke to their marketing director not to long ago and he said they severed ties with the programmer that was working on it. Now I call back only to find he is gone and the new marketing girl knows nothing about the online coaching. So I asked her about the online game play and she said she heard of it but doesn't know much about it. With one of their owners leaving a while back, I think his name was Jay Rousseaau or something, and now Dan the marketing director has left coupled with the deterioration of their tech support, I am concerned. I have spent nearly $3k with them and I all I get is empty promises. What is going on their at P3? Can anybody shed some light on these topics for me? P.S. I also called the PGA learning center in Florida that P3 says they are endorsed by and the PGA verified that they never endorsed them but at one time were a partner with them but that ended 3 years ago. Furthermore, I called The Sports Authority and they said they aren't buying their systems anymore either.
    Last edited by BobbycFlame; 06-28-2012 at 08:41 PM.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Has your thirty day return window expired?

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Bobby - You are correct in that the 'Coach Global' product has been discontinued for a variety of reasons. Online Play is currently being worked on and we're working extremely hard on a fall release of a quality online product. The virtual course software currently distributed will actually work online, but we have FAR GREATER plans for an online presence. It may start smaller than our original plans, but we're working on a number of strategic initiatives which should help us provide a much better software presence.

You are correct in that there has been a number of changes at P3ProSwing in the past 12 months. With that have comes some setbacks and unforeseen issues, but our product is still strong and we are growing.

I'm not sure whom you spoke with at The Sports Authority, but we shipped a system to them on 6/30/2012 so they are still purchasing systems from P3ProSwing.

The Technical Support Department has seen a change over. I was the entire Technical Support Department, but I'm now the Production Manager. I'm still with the company, so if you have any issues that you are not able to resolve through customer service please don't hesitate to go to my personal P3ProSwing Support site at proswingsupport.com. If you cannot find your answer there, them send me a message through the site and it will land in one of my personal email accounts.

I can assure you we are aware of some of the challenges our changes have caused and we're working EXTREMELY hard to not only resolve these issues but to also set up the company so they do not happen again.

I apologize, on behalf of the company, for any issues you have had.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Hey Chasiv,

Glad to see you are still keeping tabs on issues. Any word yet on some of the things you had been looking into with regards to launch angle and swing speed as well as the terrain effect on launch angle?
    Thanks for any updates.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Work in progress

Hi SFR,

As a matter of fact, we had a meeting with the programmer regarding those. We actually had a Team Meeting yesterday where we were discussing the terrain in depth. Our software is front & center right now as we try to position the company in the best light.

I realize that for the time I've worked there that things have moved slowly in our software world. Part of that is due to the structure we have. Our software is owned by the programmers so we are held to their schedule limitations. I can assure you that we're working diligently on that. Changes are coming.....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chasiv View Post
    Hi SFR,

As a matter of fact, we had a meeting with the programmer regarding those. We actually had a Team Meeting yesterday where we were discussing the terrain in depth. Our software is front & center right now as we try to position the company in the best light.

I realize that for the time I've worked there that things have moved slowly in our software world. Part of that is due to the structure we have. Our software is owned by the programmers so we are held to their schedule limitations. I can assure you that we're working diligently on that. Changes are coming.....

I completely agree that your current programming setup is an issue. I hope you do change Chasiv.

Lob Wedge BobbycFlame is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by chasiv View Post
    So the P3 software is not owned by P3??? Maybe that's what bubba is referring to when he said "
    your current programming setup is an issue".

Sand Wedge SodaBoy is on a distinguished road
    so is the course play fixed now? is it working as it should? haven't been around much but last i heard was that the update didn't solve the issues (although i didn't test it, moved on since then)... just doesn't seem logical to me that work is done on new features when old ones haven't been patched up properly (or have they?).

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Just got this back from the P3ProSwing Management Team:

"P3ProSwing is currently working on improving their software in a number of ways. They are hoping to release their first update in the very near future, with more updates to follow."

Hope that helps and looking forward to the updates!

Cheers,
    Cory

Sand Wedge SodaBoy is on a distinguished road
    If I had a birdie every time I heard that... I'd be a pro by now...

You really have to be an eternal optimist... or a sadomasochist... to be a client of P3Pro...

And I love how every one of their past/current/future updates/fixes has no actual date when they expect to release something...

I'll be back in a year to check up again.

Thanks for the reply Cory.

I will remain optimistic...

PS: Most companies don't put out software fix release dates as they would rather not disappoint customers if the release doesn't come out by the date promised. Basically my business motto of under promise and over deliver

I have done some programming before (very limited), but I know how you can be so close to finishing something and one hiccup can cause a huge delay.

Anyways, while I wish I could predict the future we will only know for sure when it happens.

Cheers,
    Cory

P3Pro Version 4.4 Release

Hey All, I am very glad I remained optimistic, as here is a FREE upgrade from P3Pro...

P3ProSwing is proud to announce the release of version 4.4 of their Swing Analysis Software. Included in this release are the following updates (based on version 4.3):

 Improved Launch Angle calculations

 Ability to select Cover Type (which auto-adjusts the sweet spot indication)

 Improved chipping within the Virtual Course Software

This is a
    FREE downloadable upgrade* to all customers.

NOTE: If you have a version older than 4.0, you will lose functionality if you download and install this version as version 4.0 and above requires a security device. The following is a list of functionalities requiring a security dongle:

 Practice Course

 Course Game

 Highlands National Course & Desert Dunes Course

 Closest-to-Pin, Hole-in-One & Longest Drive

 Launch Angle (sold separate from any upgrades)

 Vector/AccuSport Integration (sold separate from any upgrades)

NOTE:

If you do not have a security dongle, you will lose all of the above. If you have a security dongle, the items currently programmed on that dongle will work without issue.

NOTE:

It is imperative that you do a full uninstall of the software prior to installing any new software version. To properly uninstall the software, you should backup all swings files (.p3p files) and swing folders (which contain your video capture files). Once you have completed your backup, you should follow the instructions here (https://p3proswing.freshdesk.com/sol...tall-procedure).

Upgrade Options:

 Download the installer (FREE) at https://www.yousendit.com/download/T...dEMzeUt4djlVag

 Purchase a CD copy of the software from P3ProSwing : $10.00 + shipping

o
    Call the P3ProSwing Sales Department at 1-877-P3PRO-GO (1-877-737-7646) or 1-207-824-7420
     Purchase a full software upgrade (including security dongle) - $89.00 + shipping

o

Includes all of the features above except Launch Angle & Vector Integration

o

Call the P3ProSwing Sales Department at 1-877-P3PRO-GO (1-877-737-7646) or 1-207-824-7420

o

Purchase through our website at the Software Options Page (http://www.p3proswing.com/accessoryGroup.php?g=21

Cory has the launch angle measurement been integrated with the Red Chain P3pro courses?

Yes and no. Well sort of... LOL

Basically it has been available to work with the Virtual Courses for a while now, but the problem is that the calibration of the camera only allows one starting position height. So that means if you setup the launch angle camera with a 1.5" tee, it will base the measurements at that starting point. Therfore any shots taken at any other height will not read properly. Basically meaning that it is not meant for use with the Virtual Courses, but you can if you choose to do so (they don't support it though because of this reason).

I did not see any mention of the fix with this latest release.

Cheers,
    Cory

That should be able to be corrected with a simple software fix, shouldn't it? Why would they not attempt to fix this?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Well changes have been made on the P3pro. Have just downloaded the new 4.4 version and the issue of the launch angle and swing speed has been changed and possibly fixed. Have to do more testing before I will confirm that. Putts no longer bounce and the LA estimate for the clubs seems to be working. I have not had a chance to test other than a few putts and chips. Chips also have changed. Only area that seems not to have been fixed is the terrain angle and launch of the ball in the prem. courses. In P3pro courses the ball LA seems to change when on hill hitting over it. Before the ball would hit into the side of the hill. Now it seems to work but again not much testing done but not working for the prem courses. Also an issue with a very slow putt on one of my pads not registering now seems ok as well.

When I get some time to set the simulator up again (more like clean shop up to use it again) I will do some full swing tests and see what the ball flight is now like. Also confirm about the old launch angle cam and see if anything changed.

It has been a while coming but I had my fingers crossed.......now back to testing.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    That should be able to be corrected with a simple software fix, shouldn't it? Why would they not attempt to fix this?
    I think it is a little more complicated that we believe it should be. However, I am not the programmer

As far as them attempting to fix it, here is my theory... (remember this is just my opinion, not fact )
    1. Their proprietary launch angle option was originally designed to help clubfitters.
    2. The cost to support customer questions, setup, etc. on a $399 option far exceeds any profit on the product.
    3. The cost of the base system justifies the accuracy without the launch angle option
    4. The TODO list is full with other fixes / upgrades that take priority over an option that they don't advertise. They have to focus on matters that will make a profit - as they have to stay in business to support their customers on what they offer.

OK, there is my 2 cents - hopefully that makes sense

Cheers,
    Cory

Great job SFR! Can't wait to hear your review.

I suppose Cory. Without the launch angle, the unit is not as accurate. We should all agree on that I hope! The problem with their launch angle device is that it works via recording the streak via video which as I mentioned to them is too slow and thus the delay in seeing the shot. In other words not in real time. A simplewebcam can record launch angle but should do so with pictures not video.
    Last edited by bubba22; 10-04-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information